Monty

[MOC] Stargate BC304 Daedalus

I've finally finished the MOC I've been working on for the last few months, the BC304 Daedalus from Stargate. It's my favourite ship from my all time favourite TV series, so this has been a real passion project for me.

It's just under 2300 parts and is about 40cm long. There have been some fantastic Daedalus MOCs before, but I wanted to work at a smaller scale, mainly so I can actually build it and fit it on my shelf!

I hope you like it, if so please consider supporting it on Ideas here.

0Vybzo7.jpg

8reyTzL.jpg

jTqRmAw.jpg

Owrl1pM.jpg

agSTKVC.jpg

Thanks! I've test-built parts of it, now I need to gather the rest of the parts.

Yeah there a couple of substitutions needed, I allowed myself a couple of exceptions for the renders. The 2x2 triangular tiles unfortunately haven't been made in dark bluish grey yet, but they can be replaced by 1x2x2/3 notched curved slopes. The trickier one are the minifigure neck brackets as F302 engines which only come in trans-clear, I'm still thinking how to replace those!

Cheers. I tried to make it as accurate as possible. It has the 16 missile launchers on top of the neck, and railguns represented by the light grey 1x1s with handles. It's got the bridge at the base of the neck, the sensor/comms array on top of the superstructure, and the support rigging for the hangars. I was very pleased when I figured out the brick-built engines, but my favourite detail is the Tau'ri (Earth) symbol shown on the sides of the hull in light grey. It's also the shape of the display stand.

Woah. This is awesome. Although, I have to ask... do you have any plans to scale it up a bit so that one of the F302s will fit a minifig in the cockpit?

@rday1982 Unfortunately not, that would be a drastic change in scale, which I specifically wanted to limit to avoid the part count becoming ridiculous. I would like to do a minifigure-scale F302 though!

The Atlantis team and not the SG-1 team?! 

Now I can't support it. :tongue:

The stand is the best stand ever made for anything LEGO.

Edited by Maple

Alright!

I'm hoping Stargate comes back now that the US government gave Jeff Bezos the money to buy MGM.