The Time Twister Twins have gathered all the greatest villains in Lego history such as Captain Redbeard, Baron Von Barron, Basil the Bat Lord, Ogel, and Lord Garmadon to destroy the heroes once and for all! From their evil fortress guarded by a skeleton army, they have created a giant time portal that is twisting up the Lego timeline! Minifigs from across time and space are pulled through the portal and structures from various eras are colliding. Imperial soldiers are fighting cowboys, pirates are fighting bandits, and samurai are fighting mummies! Can the Time Cruisers Tim and Dr. Cyber unite all the heroes against these villains and save the timeline?

50373079387_6d05c1e05f_z.jpg

On the left you can see the Pirates and Western time zones. Fort Legoredo has fused with an imperial fort, much to the dismay of the Brits and Yanks who are fighting each other. Meanwhile, the Islanders and Native Americans, two factions that were being called "savages" by some of the other minifigs, are meeting by King Kahuka's throne for peaceful negotiations. Out on the water, you can see a small pirate ship engage in a shootout with the bandits of the Coyote Gang while some Aquanaut and Atlantis divers are fighting off skeletons.

50373037692_45c36ab0ab_z.jpg

Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!

50372873876_9ae3cf07ea_z.jpg

On the grounds surrounding the Time Twister fortress, minifigs from different eras are fighting the skeleton army while the Time Cruisers are flying in on their latest time machine, the Time-Rift Raft. It has a play feature that causes the propellers to spin when it is rolled across the ground.

50373037767_b5fc4d19c9_z.jpg

On the right of the battlefield, a Ninja temple had fused with an Ancient Egyptian tomb. Classic Kai, Pepper Roni, and Johnny Thunder and his friends are fighting skeletons while the Rock Raiders and Power Miners are fighting over a power crystal.

50373037797_86a4b7b17b_z.jpg

Baron Von Barron swoops in from above the temples in his remastered Bi-Wing to attack his rival Johnny.
Sorry for all the dust. This MOC was sitting around for a while before I got around to taking these pics and I didn't notice the dust until after the photo shoot.

50372174773_c48a48b372_z.jpg

Up on top of Time Twister Tower, Ogel oversees the battle while the Time Twister Twin operate the time portal machine. The portal design is inspired by that of
Piotr Machalski and Milan Sekiz.

50372873811_7978fe77c9_z.jpg

I included some interior in the buildings as you can see in this back view, although it's not much since I ran out of time (ironically).

50372174718_caff21350b_z.jpg

I hope you liked it. This was my entry for the Lego Legacy Battle contest on Lego Ideas from a few months ago. Unfortunately it didn't even make it into the voting phase, but honestly it's not my best work. I had to rush to get it built within a month to meet the submission deadline and it ended up being more quantity than quality. Still, I had fun building it as it is essentially a tribute to all the action themes that I loved growing up. What's your favorite Lego action theme? Let me know in the comments!

The whole build is super fun, with all those characters and Easter eggs from all those lines, but what I like best is the updated Bi-Wing Baron.  Can you post more pictures of it, please?

This looks like a idea worthy of being submitted on LEGO Ideas! I'd love to have something like this as an official LEGO set!

The mind boggles at this fantastic blend of action-adventure themes, both contemporary and classic, mashing together in true playtime fun! You've really captured the childlike whimsy that can make LEGO so much fun as a kid, throwing disparate themes together, and you've done a great job capturing that sentiment.

As someone who knows quite a few of these classic characters, either because they were my favorite (Adventurers), or through LEGO Racers (hello Basil!), this is a great mash-up, quite literally in the case of each location! And of course you've done a great job channeling the ethos of Time Cruisers/Twisters, throwing in plenty of parts from prior themes to give the sense of time travel!

Part of me thinks it would've been fun to incorporate classic Castle somehow, but that shouldn't diminish from what you've done here. Great job blending four structures (Wild West and Pirates, Adventurers and Ninja) into two buildings that neatly mirror each other. While I get that it may not be as clean or as innovative with parts as it could be, you really captured the classic bricky feel of some of these older sets, so bravo on that front!

Edited by Mr Maniac

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

On 9/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, icm said:

The whole build is super fun, with all those characters and Easter eggs from all those lines, but what I like best is the updated Bi-Wing Baron.  Can you post more pictures of it, please?

Thanks! Yes, the Bi-Wing Baron was a fun challenge and I'm quite happy with how it came out, although I'm not sure if the wings came out a bit short (I tried to match the wingspan of the original). I already provided pictures of the front, side, and back of it, but I can take if you like. What kind of pictures do you want? Note that you can click the pictures to see the full resolution version on Flickr where you can zoom in on the plane.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:03 PM, Mr Maniac said:

Part of me thinks it would've been fun to incorporate classic Castle somehow, but that shouldn't diminish from what you've done here. Great job blending four structures (Wild West and Pirates, Adventurers and Ninja) into two buildings that neatly mirror each other. While I get that it may not be as clean or as innovative with parts as it could be, you really captured the classic bricky feel of some of these older sets, so bravo on that front!

It's an honor to get such compliments from the 90's Lego Maniac himself! :grin: Yes, I tried to make these builds feel like they came from the themes they are based on and restrained myself from using too many modern parts and techniques. As for Castle, I already included the Fright Knights and Ninja subthemes (which were my favorite, until Fantasy Era came along at least), so I thought I had enough Castle. If anything, I feel like I could have included more Space themes, but alas I ran out of time. If only my Time Cruisers really worked! :laugh:

Oh, okay - I didn't notice the back view of the airplane in one of the other photos of the setup.  Looks like it's basically a mod of Steve Trevor's airplane in the 2017 Wonder Woman set.  I think I can figure out the rest from there.

On 9/26/2020 at 12:42 AM, Oky said:

If only my Time Cruisers really worked!

Well if that doesn't work, you can always give Hermione's Time-Turner a whirl! :grin: