Aloha! Im new here. The end. Just kidding.

If you're willing, I'm in need of some help.

So I'm attempting to build a custom made Venator Star Destroyer using 2x4 wedge plates
instead of 2x3 wedge plates. Ive built part of the frame, however, I noticed when the plates
are aligned with the central beam, the frame and plates do not align perfectly on the sides. They are off by a
few millimeters, probably 1° or less. Is there a method, pattern or dimensions that would create a
more accurate alignment between the 2x4 wedge plate and the frame that I have? Or would
it be wise to scrap this and go with 2x3 plates instead?

Note: the plates will have a slope when its near completion.

p.s. eurobricks wouldnt allow me to submit a photo bigger than 102.4 KB. so i cant show the frame that ive built. 

Link to show the bow of the frame.

20200922_140350

Edited by TheHarrower

22 minutes ago, TheHarrower said:

p.s. eurobricks wouldnt allow me to submit a photo bigger than 102.4 KB. so i cant show the frame that ive built. 

You need to use an image hosting site like flickr or bricksafe etc. as per:

How can I upload pictures of my creations to the forums?

Eurobricks does not host pictures. Your pictures should first be uploaded to an image hosting service such as Brickshelf or Flickr.

Then you can embed (deeplink) pictures in your posts on Eurobricks following the instructions in one of the tutorials belo

I have no idea what the frame looks like or how it's built, but you can build arbitrary geometries by combining right triangles with whatever integer legs you like, and lining them up hypotenuse to hypotenuse. Bram Lambrecht used this technique to great effect in 2007 and this was the first time I learned about such a strategy:

1663936239_e358874579_c.jpg

So you can set up a frame to accommodate any wedge you like!

58 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

I have no idea what the frame looks like or how it's built, but you can build arbitrary geometries by combining right triangles with whatever integer legs you like, and lining them up hypotenuse to hypotenuse. Bram Lambrecht used this technique to great effect in 2007 and this was the first time I learned about such a strategy:

1663936239_e358874579_c.jpg

So you can set up a frame to accommodate any wedge you like!

Just updated the post. I added the link to show several pictures of what I have so far on Flickr. 

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

You need to use an image hosting site like flickr or bricksafe etc. as per:

Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, TheHarrower said:

Just updated the post. I added the link to show several pictures of what I have so far on Flickr. 

Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

Really wish I could help you, but the photos won't load.

I can see the pictures now. How big is this ship supposed to be in the end? If it's midi-scale or so, I wouldn't be too bothered about the slight misalignment, but if I were building larger, I'd want to be more precise using right triangle tricks of the sort I posted last night.

9 hours ago, jimmynick said:

I can see the pictures now. How big is this ship supposed to be in the end? If it's midi-scale or so, I wouldn't be too bothered about the slight misalignment, but if I were building larger, I'd want to be more precise using right triangle tricks of the sort I posted last night.

I'm estimating between 70 - 80 cm. I'm using the 2019 UCS Star Destroyer as a scale reference. I've made changes on the design so that it looks different than the actual venator, but still keeping the overall shape.