ARKUM ELO

[O17 - Naboo - TT] Exploration on Naboo

*Your entry has earned 8 XP*

log = tt.entry([DT-R&%]);

run(log);

output:;

[DT-R65-BRAVURA SQUAD-MISSION STATUS]:;

--The droid we discovered on Kalist VI has the most interesting data files… I haven’t seen anything like them. Our analysts have been working on him for ages, yet the scriptures within this hard drive are encrypted in a code we’ve never seen before. They could be ancient, but we don’t know. That would explain the somewhat erratic behavior of the droid when we first encountered it. IG-828 will certainly pose a challenge, and it is vital for us to uncover his history if we are to work with him further. Fortunately he has been cooperative enough to let us access his memory, however encrypted it is… It could be a trap. It could also be an opportunity…

[end_transmission]

“ Sir! The droid… it seems to be retrieving a transmission!” exclaimes a bridge officer through the comlink. DT-R65 turns his head towards Coda and Notturno, hinting that they should follow him. The three troopers head down the turbolift of the star destroyer. [location classified] “Do you think we will get any intel on the droid sir?” asks Notterno. “Yes, but it’s hard to say. Only an encryption key will help us reveal the droid's memory bank.. This transmission may be our only chance to discover its true origins... ” replies DT-R65. “We’ll know in just a moment…” smiles Coda. The blast door opens.  Dolore and Feroce are waiting at the data center. The droid is sitting on the deck. Wires poor out of its central processing unit. It’s hooked up to the holotable it’s leaned against. The room is dark, apart from lights from the control panels, monitors, and the droid’s head which illuminates the area, alongside with the holotable. A momentary flash of a hologram pops up on the holotable. “What was that?!” asked Coda. They all look and listen intently at the holotable. The flash reappears… only to vanish again as quick as it came. A low pitched scrambled voice emerges from the droid, and a large hologram of the late emperor Palpatine stands on the holotable. The squad stands completely still, in awe, and shock… It was the emperor, prior to his ascendance to power. A young politician stands before them, cloaked and hooded in dark velvet robes. This droid is quite old indeed… The hologram flickers as Palpatine speaks. The speech is scrambled due to the droids security encryption. “This discovery will lead us to places beyond our greatest imagination…” says Notturno, still in awe of what he is seeing. DT-R65’s face darkens as he slightly tilts his head down towards the hologram, keeping his gaze centered on the hologram. His eyes are dark. He tilts his head up again. The blue light reflects off his face. A blue silhouette of palpatine mirrored in his eyes.  “Only if we get the encryption key...” replies DT-R65.

The hologram fades to blackness. The members of the BRAVURA squad look at each other, absorbing what they have seen. IG-828 begins to scramble again, but this time it’s speaking a language… “Get the computer language analysis to examine this.” says DT-R65. Notturno plugs one of the wires from IG-828 to a control panel.

“What are we going to do?” asks Dolore. The translation from the computer pops up on the screen: 

Region. Mid Rim.

Sector Chommell sector.

Grid coordinates O-17 

43∘06’13”N 88∘19’15”W

“We are going to Naboo.” replies Coda. “Save the droid’s databanks, and pack our gear. Coda is right.” adds DT-R65.

The squad lands on Naboo with bodypods. The coordinates take them to a large body of water. DT-R65’s pod depressurizes, and he activates his rebreather. The visor of his helmet glows green under the water. He spots the other squad members. The droid is already making its way towards the target. Bubbles burst from IG-828 as he regulates his descent. After a few minutes of swimming, they reach a plateau. A small sphere lay beside it. 

Discovery on Naboo[Factions RPG]

“Do you see what I’m seeing?” says Coda, a bit ahead of DT-R65 and the rest of BRAVURA squad. As DT-R65 gets closer, the sphere becomes clear. It is heavily corroded. He had been to Gungan city before, when he was a boy. It was one of the most beautiful sights he had seen. This sphere was crooked, ruptured and decayed. The gold that had once covered it had been eroded away by acid surging from the core. As the squad arrives on the plateau, IG-828 stands a bit further from the sphere. Coda takes him for a fool, and goes straight to the dome. There were old canisters of durasteel. A small luminescent light shined vaguely. “IG-R65, have you found anything?” asks DT-R65.

The droid turns his head towards the squad. “(Yes.)” it replies. In front of IG-828 lay an ancient relic of a bygone era. A staff with ancient runes, with a hilt at the bottom… It is quite eroded as well, but has been made with such a quality, that it is preserved well enough. Well enough that an experienced high ranking imperial officer would recognize it from his days in the old empire. DT-R65 had seen holoimages of such an item on one of his missions to the emperor's observatories located on Pillio… “This cannot be any ordinary weapon.” says DT-R65. “(It is a sith lightsaber pike…)” says the droid... 

Edited by goatman461

Just now, Ross Fisher said:

Looks like a great build, but can you put a bit more light on it so we can see your great work?

Thanks, I want to make it look as if it is located under water. Using a low amount of light makes for a little blur and the deep ocean blue background I wanted for the build. It may be at the expense of some of the detail, but I also think it makes it more authentic, and sets the mood right. I see it as a good compromise as I don't have a deep ocean blue background.(This background is actually purple) 

12 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Great design for this dark scene! :wub:

Original use of ice cream pieces :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

Nice and original... Cool to see another submerged build. IMO we see too few of these more creative terrains... ;)

You should upload a well lit image 'behind the scenes' for judging purposes, so we can see the details...

On 9/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

Nice and original... Cool to see another submerged build. IMO we see too few of these more creative terrains... ;)

You should upload a well lit image 'behind the scenes' for judging purposes, so we can see the details...

Yeah, Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind next time i do a low lit photoshoot. :-)

On 9/23/2020 at 7:06 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

Awesome build - great to see aquatic worlds - feel like they have some unexplored potential in star wars!

Thanks you very much! Yeah, I agree, there is much to be built!

16 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

This is so good. That sphere is amazing. Just amazing.

I really appreciate it, thanks a lot!