evancelt

Period Imperial Heads

Sideburns, Mustaches, and Muttonchops.

To get a 1700s/1800s feel for my imperial minifigs, I like heads w/ sideburns, bushy mustaches, and muttonchops. Stubble is fine, but I'd rather they looked sharp. The soul patch head is goofy but acceptable. I like to save beards for my pirates.

Are there other heads out there that you know of that I should take a look at? Given the choice, I like the ones with the white eye pupils.

heads-1.jpg

heads-2.jpg

Only critism I have is those Non lego hats...... Other than that, they look great! I only preserve those type of heads for officers, as I like personally my troops have clean shave. of course I have some stubbles in there to make it so that the soldier  didnt get to shave that morning, for one reason or another. ANd yes, they will be scoulded by their superiors, just as it would have been in that time period.

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

I like all of them ;)

35 minutes ago, Captain Becker said:

Only critism I have is those Non lego hats...... Other than that, they look great! I only preserve those type of heads for officers, as I like personally my troops have clean shave. of course I have some stubbles in there to make it so that the soldier  didnt get to shave that morning, for one reason or another. ANd yes, they will be scoulded by their superiors, just as it would have been in that time period.

Thanks! Any other heads out there that you know of that I should take a look at?

I've got 4x or 5x of each of the ones pictured above, so i can spread them among the troopers as well as officers.

Edited by evancelt

5 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Thanks! Any other heads out there that you know of that I should take a look at?

I've got 4x or 5x of each of the ones pictured above, so i can spread them among the troopers as well as officers.

I feel like you could make one with classic smiley :)

2 hours ago, evancelt said:

Given the choice, I like the ones with the white eye pupils.

Same here, I'd stick to using all white eye pupils as without them they don't look right if you mix them. There are literally hundreds that would work well just fire up bricklink using this search and enter the search term pupils.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catID=238&catXrefLevel=0&colorPart=3&catType=P

On 9/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, evancelt said:

Well just use Bricklink and see what heads works for you best, also you can mix different coloured heads if you want to. Cant really give specifics as what works for you, might not work for somebody else. Taste differences 

4 minutes ago, Captain Becker said:

Well just use Bricklink and see what heads works for you best, also you can mix different coloured heads if you want to. Cant really give specifics as what works for you, might not work for somebody else. Taste differences 

Thanks - Yeah, was just looking for tips on other heads w/ big sideburns or bushy mustaches. I think the samurai suggestion is a good one. I'm not a fan of the non-yellow heads, so I end up giving all of the tan/brown ones I get to my kids :)

On 9/22/2020 at 5:19 PM, evancelt said:

To get a 1700s/1800s feel for my imperial minifigs, I like heads w/ sideburns, bushy mustaches, and muttonchops. Stubble is fine, but I'd rather they looked sharp. The soul patch head is goofy but acceptable. I like to save beards for my pirates.

Are there other heads out there that you know of that I should take a look at? Given the choice, I like the ones with the white eye pupils.

heads-1.jpg

BrickArms ?

Just now, Ragana9289 said:

BrickArms ?

Hats are BrickWarriors and bayonets are BrickForge

On 9/22/2020 at 9:19 AM, evancelt said:

heads-1.jpg

heads-2.jpg

The monocle is not really accurate to the 18th/early 19th century.  They did not come into fashion until the 2nd half the 19th century (more an Age of Steam affectation than one for the Age of Sail).