evancelt

Boots?

To boot or not to boot? Thoughts?

Took some time for me to not immediately react with "Oh that just looks wrong" but it's growing on me

boots-1.jpg

boots-2.jpg

boots-3.jpg

I personally use them on my Cavalry units, main officers and such. Regulars just white, and NCO`s just a shoe version of the legs where only the "Foot" has black printing.

On the more modern torsos (ones with black outlines between colours) I think they look great. On older ones I find them looking a little off.

I ended up picking up 80 - 90 of the boots. Thoughts after seeing them en masse?

parade-1_crop.jpg

From this post:

The new CMF Series 21 has a Space Pirate minifig with more detailed boots. I recently transitioned my imperials to the Sushi Chef pants above and will stick with that simpler boot pant for now!

My thinking on the Space Police boot is that the black belt / leg divider is likely to be too busy with the straps/belts present on most Imperial torsos. The Royal Guard torso even has its own belt already, which would be pretty awkward :pir-grin:

Space Pirate pants:

LEGO-Collectible-Minifigure-Series-21-7-

My Sushi Chef boot pants:

boot_pants.jpg

Edited by evancelt

3 hours ago, evancelt said:

My thinking on the Space Police boot is that the black belt / leg divider is likely to be too busy with the straps/belts present on most Imperial torsos.

You could replace the hips piece (the belt / leg divider) with a plain white piece if you prefer the boot style of the CMF 21 space policeman.

2 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

You could replace the hips piece (the belt / leg divider) with a plain white piece if you prefer the boot style of the CMF 21 space policeman.

Definitely! With that approach it would be a much simpler boot with a cool front trapezoidal shape

Although requiring a small fortune for large amount...

Boots on guys! Always boots on! You can't imagine what a man could stumble upon, these days of old! :pir-laugh:

Edited by blackdeathgr