Sign in to follow this  
SteamSewnEmpire

Could someone help me find a piece of (very) old art, please?

Hi all,

I'm nearly finished with a 17th Century play-scale 4th rate, and have run into a minor hitch. I'd like to draw inspiration for the stern from a piece of very old Lego artwork featuring a massive (MASSIVE) brick-built man-of-war. The photo I am talking about (probably) came from one of the Lego inspiration books in the late 80s or early 90s (although it might have been a one-off mini poster - I simply cannot remember), and the ship was an all-brick-built transitional galleon/1st rate in true minifig scale that was probably around 15,000 pieces, or so (similar to this, but more ornate). It was a stern-on shot, possibly with a sunset background.

My guess is that someone knows what I'm talking about, because for a lot of us as kids at the time, it was just a WOW kind of picture. I was wondering if anyone had it available to upload? I've tried Googling a bunch of different phrases to see if it would come up, but have thus far had no luck... though I know it's out there, because I remember seeing it just a few years ago.

Thanks. 

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

Hi @SteamSewnEmpire Here you go!

Two topics on the same ship, with some extra pictures available, all present on this very forum:

In addition there's another thread on here about the 1993 LEGO World Expo "Pirates Ahoy!"  where have been posted some pictures of the booklet given at that exposition with information on the creation exposed.

Edited by Elusys Ra Arwal

On 9/21/2020 at 10:46 PM, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

Hi @SteamSewnEmpire Here you go!

Two topics on the same ship, with some extra pictures available, all present on this very forum:

In addition there's another thread on here about the 1993 LEGO World Expo "Pirates Ahoy!"  where have been posted some pictures of the booklet given at that exposition with information on the creation exposed.

Thanks for the links, great read and and a beautiful bricky ship.

Yeah, it was quite informative to read those topics. I just hope the pictures will stay and not be randomly deleted because this or that service stopped working/was shut down!