Ross Fisher

[P9 - Kashyyyk - CE] Swooping is bad

*Your entry has earned 6 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

And then suddenly I started to see those bikes everywhere. Honestly, the shadowlands of Kashyyyk?

Shadowlands swoop race

Swoop bikes! How? Why? I'll never know. I think we can all agree; swooping is bad. 

2020-09-20_05-57-06

The hollowed tree trunk is made with caterpillar treads and technic pins. It was a massive pain to get it to lean in the right direction. Hopefully it looks alright.

Edited by goatman461

8 hours ago, Denal31 said:

Is the title a quote from DA: Origins?

You know it. 

12 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Really like the tree trunk - looks great!

55 minutes ago, Simulterious said:

The tree trunk looks great! 

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with it. 

The trunk is a brilliant idea, but I'm not too sure about the execution. I think it would have worked better with several smaller pieces and long tiles. Your colorful swoop gang is a welcome change to my gray imperial days... :D Not sure how they're related to the Mando's?

On 9/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

I'm not too sure about the execution

Really? I was pretty happy with it myself. I get where you're coming from, though. 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

Your colorful swoop gang is a welcome change to my gray imperial days... :D Not sure how they're related to the Mando's?

4 hours ago, JShortForJay said:

Nice colourful aliens and neat bikes!

Thanks! I made a pink+blue swoop gang led by two Ord Plutonians for Figbarf Friday:

Swoop bike gang

Edited by Ross Fisher

16 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Really? I was pretty happy with it myself. I get where you're coming from, though.

I really appreciate you elaborating on your process, because otherwise using big pieces in that fashion could come off as a 'short-cut' to get the effect you want. I think that's a general thing. Using big lego pieces can easily be perceived as the 'easy way'... Even though it is not in your case... :thumbup:

Honestly, I wouldn't have known that was a tree unless you had told me. I totally see it after I know, but I think you should have traded some of the big panels for smaller pieces to get better angles.