Darth Bjorn

[M13 - Quarzite - TT] Swoop Prospector

*Your entry has earned 16 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

quarzite1.jpg

Excerpt from Cdr. Bannon’s log: Our next mission has brought us to Quarzite. For some reason one of our research departments has been involved in a high priority project, and they are in need of crystals for some kind of weapon.

Our mission was to find a viable location for a base of operation, where our scientists could validate the purple Quarzite crystal.

Cdr. Bannon: Lord Kadus. Come in. Transmitting my current coordinates. This area has a high density of crystals, and is accessible enough for the crew.

Lord Kadus: Roger that Commander! We will proceed to the location immediately.

quarzite6.jpg

Cdr. Bannon: What do you think Lord Kadus?

Lord Kadus: Commander. This site will be perfect for a mining operation. Let’s hope these crystals are receptive for our synthesis process. Cdr. Voluth! How’s the test coming along?

quarzite5.jpg

Cdr. Voluth: Just a few moments Lord. My men are working on it.

quarzite4.jpg

Lt. Scientist Ralvand: Commander Volut, Sir. These crystals are crude, but the test puts them well within the viability spectrum! These crystals will work!

quarzite3.jpg

quarzite2.jpg

Lord Kadus: Excellent!!! Begin setting up the mining site immediately! Commander Bannon, good work. You should return to High Command. They’ve requested you personally.

Cdr. Bannon: Yes Lord.

///

Here's a closer look at the two speeders:

Spoiler

quarzite7.jpg

A custom speeder designed for Reaper Squad. Heavily inspired by the speeder from the Mandalorian:

mandalorian-season2-officialphoto-mando-

quarzite8.jpg

Cdr. Bannon's speeder is a total redesign of my previous version of the S-Flare Swoop: 

Blazer Swoop datasheet

latest?cb=20110528031647

Edited by goatman461

Lovely build! The speeders are nice - love the use of string on the Reaper one. I think the terrain is fine, maybe you could have made the crystals jut out in more diagonal angles. Maybe it's because of the official crystal piece tho, it's shape is just imprinted in my mind... Great overall!

Another really interesting and unique terrain build. Great couple of speeders, I like the mandalorian-inspired one with the exhaust smoke - nice job.

17 hours ago, JShortForJay said:

Another really interesting and unique terrain build. Great couple of speeders, I like the mandalorian-inspired one with the exhaust smoke - nice job.

Thanks! I'm really happy with how the string piece worked out!

Great crystals! And your bikes greatly resemble your source material. However, they still feel a little off for some reason. Maybe I'm too jaded by all the other, super greebled speeders.