n1majneb

[P8 - Azure - CE] Downtime on the Swoop's

*Your entry has earned 10 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

After the rule of Empire ended, the young began getting brave again. Much as their parents had before them, using the Archipelago's Atolls and reefs as their course markers, the swoops's and speeders roared into service once more, making for the open sea again. The noise reminding the parents and other adults of a happier time and their own time well spent - taken from them as the Empire set their curfews

They all set off as inexperienced, novice, riders and return as hardened racers waiting for the next race...

EB Factions Speeder Bike Challenge builds

Closer looks at the bikes for review, below.

Spoiler

This was a fun challenge, i'd never looked to build single seat craft before and really happy with the results here.

The swoop was inspired by those within my favourite Expanded Universe novel, Shadows of the Empire, the Flare-S. It's essentially built diagonally upside down and i'm pleased with the front rake, air scoops and engine detailing throughout.

EB Factions Speeder Bike Challenge buildsFactions, Speeder Bike challenge. Really pleased with both the Swoop and Speeder Bike. Lots of out of my comfort zone building techniques with getting these together. As a whole I enjoy the vignette build too.Factions, Speeder Bike challenge. Really pleased with both the Swoop and Speeder Bike. Lots of out of my comfort zone building techniques with getting these together. As a whole I enjoy the vignette build too.

The speeder bike was based on an idea of what a recovered Imperial speeder bike would look like if picked up and done up by a young boy-racer like those young racers from 50's/60's America, American Graffiti style. 

I enjoyed building this one, 3 studs wide and incorporating some technic build for the steering veins.

Factions, Speeder Bike challenge. Really pleased with both the Swoop and Speeder Bike. Lots of out of my comfort zone building techniques with getting these together. As a whole I enjoy the vignette build too.Factions, Speeder Bike challenge. Really pleased with both the Swoop and Speeder Bike. Lots of out of my comfort zone building techniques with getting these together. As a whole I enjoy the vignette build too.

The Azure coastline vignette, An old building with a more modern and ungainly facia.

Factions, Speeder Bike challenge. Really pleased with both the Swoop and Speeder Bike. Lots of out of my comfort zone building techniques with getting these together. As a whole I enjoy the vignette build too.Factions, Speeder Bike challenge. Really pleased with both the Swoop and Speeder Bike. Lots of out of my comfort zone building techniques with getting these together. As a whole I enjoy the vignette build too.

Figbarf'd young swoop riders 

Factions, Speeder Bike challenge. Really pleased with both the Swoop and Speeder Bike. Lots of out of my comfort zone building techniques with getting these together. As a whole I enjoy the vignette build too.

Edited by goatman461

The terrain and story set the scene well. I feel swept away. And that second bike especially rules. I love the 50s inspiration.

Great bit of backdrop and of course I love the speeders and the monkey kid hair lol. Only just noticed the newspapers in the windows - nice touch. 

On 9/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic build!

Thanks!

On 9/19/2020 at 5:59 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

Love the speeders and great to see some SNOT techniques as well - this build is really a step up for you. Great Job!

Thanks, pretty pleased with this one,

On 9/19/2020 at 6:21 PM, Ross Fisher said:

There's a lot of great techniques here, from the SNOT paving, to the angle of the invisible stand. Great work. 

I knew I wanted masonry bricks for the floor to add to the old town vibe and went from there.
I'm pleased with the angled stand, works incredibly well to capture the Swoop roaring off,

On 9/20/2020 at 4:31 AM, Denal31 said:

Nice usage of SNOT on the vig! The speeders look great as well!

Thanks - I'm very happy with the speeders 

On 9/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, RocketBoy said:

The terrain and story set the scene well. I feel swept away. And that second bike especially rules. I love the 50s inspiration.

Thanks, I have to write for my job and after the build the idea for the story wrote itself, sometimes the narrative can add depth to an image and it sets the scene here. I'm very happy with the speeder bike - I think it's gonna be a keeper.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:25 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

I like that your speeders are built multi-directionally... :thumbup:

I started with the repulsor air intake during a work meeting (with no plan to enter this comp with being busy with work) and then the steering vein, from there it came together very quickly and then had to see it through!

Swoop WIP
16 hours ago, JShortForJay said:

Great bit of backdrop and of course I love the speeders and the monkey kid hair lol. Only just noticed the newspapers in the windows - nice touch. 

Thanks, i'm pleased with the subtle detailing I added to this one like the windows, lights by the doors and plant pot along with details on Swoop and Bike.

The MK hair worked unbelievably well for a speeder bike/wind swept hair.

You got some nice angles on those bikes. Good use of hinges. And your building has a decent SW feel to it.

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

You got some nice angles on those bikes. Good use of hinges. And your building has a decent SW feel to it.

Thanks, really pleased with how these bikes came together. Happy with the build of this one too