Huigberts Builds

Lego a Christmas Carol

1 hour ago, Friscorays said:

Set is up now at US shop at home as GWP 11/21 and 11/22 for purchases over $150.00 with teal buildable brick also available for purchases over $200.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/black-friday-cyber-monday-toy-deals?icmp=LP-SHH-Standard-MT_Hero_VIP_Weekend_Teaser_Phase_Key_Visual_PP-F-MT-QACI2VC2IY

With that 150.00 threshold, Bricklink it is.  

Great little set but I'm not about to spend 150 euro just to get it.Why couldn't the threshold be 100 euro instead?It would go well along side the Elf Clubhouse.

Edited by LOTR34

I feel bad for the people who were holding out on ordering the Elf Clubhouse for the Dickens set.  (1) the Elf Clubhouse is currently out of stock with no backorder (2) Even if it was available, the threshold is $50 higher.  I really wish there had been a way to purchase this set independently, as in directly from Lego.  

Built this GWP. Yes spent the $200 min for the teal brick too.  Anyways, this is a very nice set.  Lot of details.  I would have paid more then the $22 US TLG suggest retail listed for it.  If you are on the fence, suggest getting it.  As expensive as Lego is, spending $150 US is not very difficult, does hurt the wallet a bit.  

Continued.  

Pros,

free sort of....

lot of nice bricks.  

very detailed

good mini figs (not sure if new, I didn't have these torsos)

displays well from the back, was not expecting this in a GWP

Cons

stickers

no ghosts

non opening door 

If you had two of these sets, very easy to expand the display (put books end to end).  I plan on keeping my set build, not using for parts.  Like it that much.