Ik ben bezig om de LHM800 na te bouwen maar zie een beperking in 4 x 2 motoren RC terwijl ik er meer wil aansturen. Wat is hiervoor een oplossing?

I'm constructing the LHM800 but I'm limited to 4 x 2 PF motors RC-controlled? Anyone a solution?

image.png.8237889b5f0e0c0ee0ca44807b940b44.png

A little more information would be useful: How many functions do you need? What are these? Are multiple motors used for 1 function?

P.S.: English only please ;-)

I don't know how many functions you need, but there are many ways to accomplish what you want for more than 8 functions. 

For instance, you can use splitter gearboxes, so 1 motor is used to control multiple functions. Set 8043 uses this principle to get 6 functions from 3 motors, plus one for switching. If you used 2 way splitters, you could get 14 functions. If you used 4 way splitters, you could get 28 functions.

You could also use 3rd party Bluetooth bricks, like SBrick or Buwizz. Each of those has 4 channels, and you can use many with the same control profile. You could also use Lego Control+, but that might be more expensive, especially if you already have a large number of PF motors.

Another option is to switch control of motors electrically, but this is trickier than doing things mechanically.

But, how many functions do you actually need? For this crane, you'd need only 6 functions.

Drive 

Steer

Outriggers

Slew

Boom up/down

Hook up/down

You could also add 2 more functions, like ladders, or a mode to switch steering.

How many motors and IR receivers have you got exactly? Three motors are all you need for eight RC functions, provided you have the orange wave selector.

7 hours ago, suffocation said:

How many motors and IR receivers have you got exactly? Three motors are all you need for eight RC functions, provided you have the orange wave selector.

You don't even need the wave selectors, they just make things easier.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:20 AM, Jundis said:

A little more information would be useful: How many functions do you need? What are these? Are multiple motors used for 1 function?

P.S.: English only please ;-)

At least 12 motors with unique function...

On 9/19/2020 at 8:30 AM, Saberwing40k said:

You don't even need the wave selectors, they just make things easier.

I don't like to work with wave selectors because want to have all remote

On 9/19/2020 at 1:04 AM, suffocation said:

12 motors (at least) and 4 IR receivers... and no wave please

I think the solutions is to attach the IR receivers with 2 battery blocs and then decide by switching the battery blok to give the appropiate functions free

Someone posted a solution to the eight-channel limit a few years ago - I'll link it if I find it.

I think you may have misunderstood the use of the wave selector I proposed - it can be easily remote-controlled, hence your model would still be fully remote-controlled too, without requiring so many motors and saving quite a bit of space and weight.

With 12 independent motors, I'd go with 3 Sbricks. Unless you are short on money, this is probably the simplest solution. Switching functions adds extra bulk and complexity. But, if you have enough PF IR receivers, you could have one used to switch between two battery boxes, hooked up in such a way that when one is on, the other is off. Doing this would leave you with 6 functions available at any given time.

Although, I am curious, what do you need 12 motors for? I only see you needing at most 8 channels. If you think you need more than one motor for a function, you can just stack motors.

Thanks for you reply.

I already figured out to go for the double battery option. One battery set for 2 steering blocs / moving / outriggers and one battery set for turning, 2 hooks, lifting the boom, slew.