amorti

Brunojj1's mind-opener - red supercar - free instructions now available for static version

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

I personally wouldn’t trust Cada on saying it’s “more powerful” until I see some proper specifications, like Philo’s. I can’t say I was very impressed with the speed shown in Bruno’s video. Mine will have four L motors and two BuWizz.

I don't know... It's not got speed like Icarus, but it is dragging 3200 pieces around. I thought it was pretty good.

I can't speak to CaDA motors yet, but MouldKing's enhanced L motors are without doubt stronger than Lego's. I can't give you a percentage, but it's about the difference of +1 mode in buwizz for the same voltage.

They draw more current to get that of course, meaning 4 of them (like in greyhound and koncept mantis on my shelf) will easily trip the protection on 2* buwizzes.

12 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

It would be nothing short of rude to share, because the whole point of the contract that CaDa does with designers like Bruno and T-Lego is so that they get money for their works.

Fully agreed. I hope it was clear I was merely expressing a (probably shared) desire for the instructions, not a request! But currently I don't see a problem with sharing the parts list, although I'm always open to change opinion based on new and sound arguments. :sweet:

16 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

It would be nothing short of rude to share, because the whole point of the contract that CaDa does with designers like Bruno and T-Lego is so that they get money for their works.

+1

You wouldn't share the instructions of a paid-for MOC, and for me this falls in the same category.

Just now, astyanax said:

I don't see a problem with sharing the parts list, 

Even paid-for MOCs have free parts lists. So I see no logical argument against this.

28 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Now of course everyone and their mother would looove to get a copy of those scans! Though I can imagine you have reservations about the ethics of sharing. But can you share that parts list? That would be super helpful! :sweet:

I am really sorry but I can’t do that. When Cada uploads them (which they might), I can link their instructions. 

A parts list would be nice to give an idea of cost in lego parts - they are always free to access 

Guys, I owe a lot to the community on this forum and I´m a bit sad this time I couldn´t share my MOC here as usual. It´s always fun to discuss every technical detail, pros and cons back and forth. I think the reasons are obvious and most of you will understand. First, there are rules and guidelines on this forum. Second, this project belongs to a cooperation sealed by a legal contract which has its own restrictions.

To answer the question raised up amongst the Lego purists: I don´t know if and when partslist and instructions will be released for free download from the set manufacturer. They are not my property however.

The main thing for all of us is having fun and enjoy our hobby with all individual preferences and ambitions. Mine are the following:

• I will always build what I want/need. I don´t have to ask permission from anybody for that.

• The bricks I´m working with, are mine. The way of putting them together is my idea as well and I don´t care whether others call it „illegal“.

• Achieve a new level of skills, design accuracy and innovation with every new model. That means professionalize at some point. Though I still have to do my daily boring paperwork in my regular job for a living to pay the bills, refuel my car and buy a house to have enough room for my kids.

• Once (in the bio of the book „Incredible Lego Technid“) I promised all of my future models would come with instructions. Sharing my work with others drives me to higher efforts and success and that´s really a good thing. In this case it wasn´t possible in any other way without compromise.

Last, but not least: the shown model is NOT a Ferrari. It´s only inspired by some famous car brand located in Italy. In contrary – the official Lego set #42125 to be released soon WILL BE a Ferrari (although it probably can be recognized only by the stickers and the price label as such :laugh:).

Cheers :pir-thumb:

Edited by brunojj1

@brunojj1 I have massive respect for you as a person and for this build. The quality of this build is as I said before really above standards. After this I will have built all of your published MOCs (besides the LaFerrari), and all of them range from great to amazing in my opinion. The P1 was great but it had a few questionable techniques, but I really haven’t noticed anything in this car. I guess the closest thing is the door locks/handle, which do actually “lock” in place. 

My version with Lamborghini wheels:
800x450.jpg

All in all, Really looking forward to your next! :thumbup:

@Polo-Freak: I´m amazed by your fantastic interpretation and cristal clear pictures *huh*!  

@LvdH: Big respect, you instantly understood my initial idea with 4x L motors and 2x BuWizz :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

@Polo-Freak: I´m amazed by your fantastic interpretation and cristal clear pictures *huh*!  

@LvdH: Big respect, you instantly understood my initial idea with 4x L motors and 2x BuWizz :thumbup::thumbup:

The transmission can withstand shifting while driving, with 2 buwizz, 4 L motors, and 3200 pieces? That's seriously impressive.

Did you ever try it with 4* higher powered CaDA motors?

Edited by amorti

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

I have to admit it was Tlego that brought it up. But it all worked out in the end. Only had to flip two 1x2 technic bricks to fit the two buwizz and the extra motors were very straight forward.

@amorti After having driven it around the house for a little while, it works totally fine in all speeds even with ludicrous speed. But now I am curious what the difference in performance is between Cada L motors and LEGO L motors. Not that I will change them though, those motors are buried deep in the chassis :laugh: 

Apologies for the poor lighting, but felt I had to take this picture:

800x600.jpg

Left to right; Black “red” spider/458 Spider, Mercedes C63 Manual, BMW M4 DTM Samsung, Italian supercar/488 Pista, McLaren P1. Like I said all of these range from great to amazing, but the red one is definitely my new favourite. 

On 9/18/2020 at 5:14 PM, brunojj1 said:

Guys, I owe a lot to the community on this forum and I´m a bit sad this time I couldn´t share my MOC here as usual. It´s always fun to discuss every technical detail, pros and cons back and forth. I think the reasons are obvious and most of you will understand. First, there are rules and guidelines on this forum. Second, this project belongs to a cooperation sealed by a legal contract which has its own restrictions.

To answer the question raised up amongst the Lego purists: I don´t know if and when partslist and instructions will be released for free download from the set manufacturer. They are not my property however.

The main thing for all of us is having fun and enjoy our hobby with all individual preferences and ambitions. Mine are the following:

• I will always build what I want/need. I don´t have to ask permission from anybody for that.

• The bricks I´m working with, are mine. The way of putting them together is my idea as well and I don´t care whether others call it „illegal“.

• Achieve a new level of skills, design accuracy and innovation with every new model. That means professionalize at some point. Though I still have to do my daily boring paperwork in my regular job for a living to pay the bills, refuel my car and buy a house to have enough room for my kids.

• Once (in the bio of the book „Incredible Lego Technid“) I promised all of my future models would come with instructions. Sharing my work with others drives me to higher efforts and success and that´s really a good thing. In this case it wasn´t possible in any other way without compromise.

Last, but not least: the shown model is NOT a Ferrari. It´s only inspired by some famous car brand located in Italy. In contrary – the official Lego set #42125 to be released soon WILL BE a Ferrari (although it probably can be recognized only by the stickers and the price label as such :laugh:).

Cheers :pir-thumb:

Bruno I have to say this build of yours is absolutely incredible and can't wait to share my version of it as it is currently in the works. As like minded people would say, do you what you love not because others approve. Cant wait to see what you bring to the table next and will always continue to support the designers in this community as it drives me to continue to break barriers on what Lego can do. Cheers and enjoy the photos to come.

On 9/18/2020 at 6:52 PM, Polo-Freak said:

One of the Best Supercar ever !!! :thumbup:

Easy to build and great to Play like a real RC CAR :wub:

Here is the Link with the great video and important easy fixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h44wusf-vFo

My version of this car :wink:

oi59oj42.jpg

Great photos, did you have to adjust any room for the bigger exhaust pieces?

Edited by Rudivdk
Removed quoted pics

@lego_tactics please try to not quote pictures from the same page in your posts, so that page performance does not suffer... I removed them from your post.

Best way to go is to quote whatever post you want to, and then manually remove the pictures before posting your comment.

3 hours ago, lego_tactics said:

Bruno I have to say this build of yours is absolutely incredible and can't wait to share my version of it as it is currently in the works. As like minded people would say, do you what you love not because others approve. Cant wait to see what you bring to the table next and will always continue to support the designers in this community as it drives me to continue to break barriers on what Lego can do. Cheers and enjoy the photos to come.

Great photos, did you have to adjust any room for the bigger exhaust pieces?

Thanks, I´m curious about your custom version of it!

The exhaust pipes used by @Polo-Freak are these: Engine, Smooth Large, 1 x 2 Thin Top Plate in chrome silver. These parts with the 2x2 plate wouldn´t fit.

Georg is the craziest Technic Supercar collector I know and has become a close friend, so he was in the position to make an early test build by photo instructions, using genuine Lego bricks only, except the red 13x3 bowed panels we have bought together in a 50 pcs. bulk from Ali and including the ridiculously expensive black axle pins (bricklink).

Edited by brunojj1

As some have been offended by the fact this is not LEGO, I will have to move it to community where we keep the other Clone Brick brands.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:09 AM, Peppermint_M said:

As some have been offended by the fact this is not LEGO, I will have to move it to community where we keep the other Clone Brick brands.

Some people like being offended. They think it matters.

Truth is these aren't the old days when you could choose Lego or Lepin; original designs made of quality pieces or lo-fi copies of them that almost fit together sort of ok. No, the brick market has moved on.

CaDA have original licensed designs and quality pieces. 

Even MouldKing are now making original designs and allegedly trying to fix things with mocers they've previously screwed over, in order to sell more in Europe. 

Imagine eurobricks remains an Apple echo chamber in a world where Samsung phones are better *and* cheaper.

It's getting towards time to make that choice.

11 hours ago, amorti said:

Some people like being offended. They think it matters.

I was (one of the) reporter(s). Thanks for your contempt for me and this community.

Just as you should not push Samsung phone topics on an Apple fan forum, you should not push non-LEGO brands on a LEGO fan forum. It's rude.

If you read the Site Guidelines, you would have read there:

Remember: Eurobricks is a LEGO fan site, thus we want most topics here to be LEGO related. [...]

Clone and Competitor Brands: A Clone brand or competitor brand, is a product manufactured by a legitimate company. For Example Oxford,Mega Blocks. Kreo or Character Building. These are companies that do not infringe copyrights and provide a competitor product, such as licenses and themes LEGO do not produce. It is fair to discuss, compare and share these brands and their products in the Community section of the Forum

(Emphasis mine). So there is a place for discussing CaDA, MouldKing, etc. on Eurobricks, but it is not the LEGO Technic subforum. This Community section is the place for such topics, so it has been correctly moved. If you feel unhappy about that, you might want to consider a different community to join.

1 hour ago, Ludo Visser said:

So there is a place for discussing CaDA, MouldKing, etc. on Eurobricks, but it is not the LEGO Technic subforum. This Community section is the place for such topics, so it has been correctly moved. If you feel unhappy about that, you might want to consider a different community to join.

Honest question here: What if this topic had not started off as a discussion about a CaDA product, but instead focused entirely on discussing the model per se (its design & functionality) -- would that have been okay in the Technic subforum?

10 hours ago, astyanax said:

Honest question here: What if this topic had not started off as a discussion about a CaDA product, but instead focused entirely on discussing the model per se (its design & functionality) -- would that have been okay in the Technic subforum?

Then I would maybe have been fooled and not noticed. But the point is moot: the community rules are clear, in my opinion. It's a LEGO fan community, not a generic construction toy community. Deliberately violating the community rules and hoping that nobody notices doesn't make sense to me.

Just to be clear: it is a cool model. Not per se my style, but I can see the skill of the builder. But if we're starting to allow LEGO clone products on the subforums, I foresee it's a slippery slope downhill. Personally, I think allowing custom parts, custom lighting, etc. is already too much, but apparently there was a community need for that. If clone products are going to be allowed, I'm out - no longer the community I'm looking for.

This car looks awesome, it's the CADA C61042 set.  The motors are completely new, not a 1 to 1 lego copy.  I hope the servo is a real servo, especially because you can't buy the lego PF servo motor anymore on the lego site.

726587566_cadamotors.jpg.1a7e18ee8d4012097b1a75053a5f615b.jpg

Motor set: S059-003

I also hope the motors are better then their former pf-motors, because they are really weak compared to the lego ones, and they don't live long.  I replaced them with 2 lego L-motors (there is room for 2) and a lego servo in my cada buggy, together with a lot of other lego bricks because the cada ones break easily , for example the differential and steering parts. Maybe I should mention I don't use the cada battery but I use the 2.4rcbrick, so a lot more power goiing to these motors.

Edited by roeleman

On 9/23/2020 at 6:01 PM, Ludo Visser said:

Thanks for your contempt for me and this community.

To me the real contempt here is the act of reporting a thread about a well respected user's latest MOC, solely because he was tired of bootleggers stealing his instructions and him having no way to stop it, save for licensing it out to a clone brand. Moving it to this forum does nothing but stifle Technic discussion and annoy users who wanted to talk about this MOC.

14 hours ago, Ludo Visser said:

But if we're starting to allow LEGO clone products on the subforums, I foresee it's a slippery slope downhill.

What slippery slope? The only reason it survived as long as it did was because it was designed by Bruno, who is well loved on EB.

14 hours ago, Ludo Visser said:

Personally, I think allowing custom parts, custom lighting, etc. is already too much, but apparently there was a community need for that.

Damn, what an elitist view. Given the positive reception, surely it's obvious that the Technic community felt the need to discuss it too.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:01 PM, Ludo Visser said:

If you feel unhappy about that, you might want to consider a different community to join. 

I might have to if we're not allowed to discuss our veteran members' creations where they'd be able to receive the most reception.

Such hard-line, black and white rules damage our community. They hide the positive reception that no doubt motivates Bruno to build more.

I can understand EB Technic rules not allowing discussion of standard clone brand sets, but the forum REALLY needs to be more accommodating when it comes to special cases like this.

@brunojj1 It'd be a huge shame if you left, your work really adds to the community

Edited by Bartybum

34 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I can understand EB Technic rules not allowing discussion of standard clone brand sets, but the forum REALLY needs to be more accommodating when it comes to special cases like this.

If the forums are to be more accommodating, then have that reflected in the site policy. That is what that policy is for. It cannot be that a handful of users decide that it is acceptable to go against the site policy, just because they unilaterally decide that it is a "special case".

If trying to defend the site policy makes me a "hard-line, black and white elitist", then so be it. If the policy is changed to allow clone brands across the forums, I will accept it (and leave). Until then, as far as I'm concerned, this is a LEGO fan site, and not a CaDA fan site.

Just now, Ludo Visser said:

If the forums are to be more accommodating, then have that reflected in the site policy.

I 100% agree. The forum should also serve the needs of its community

7 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I 100% agree. The forum should also serve the needs of its community

+1

I also feel the community is changing. There are even more gray cases, like @T Lego's Lamborghini Centenario. We discussed the beautiful model, its design, its functionality here on EB. The model can be built from genuine Lego pieces. But guess what, it's also licensed to CaDA. Why would anyone feel "fooled"?