amorti

Brunojj1's mind-opener - red supercar - free instructions now available for static version

The chrome wheels detracted from the model for me so I purchased Lego Sian wheels and tyres only to discover they don't fit as the Sian wheel rimsĀ have pins.

Remedy was to buy Lego inner hubs with brake discs which works well but they hide the Cada brake calipers.

Anyone else done the same and modified the calipers so they can be seen again?

11 minutes ago, williamyzfr1 said:

only to discover they don't fit as the Sian wheel rimsĀ have pins.

What a shocker, really unexpected -_-

13 minutes ago, williamyzfr1 said:

Anyone else done the same and modified the calipers so they can be seen again?

Just copy-paste the Chiron brakes

21 hours ago, LvdH said:

This was my solution for adding brake callipers using the rotor hubs:

Thank you.

Edited by Milan
Do not quote videos or images from the same page, please.

@brunojj1 Here's a little trick you might be interested in... I was admiring your model this evening and realized that I had left only one pair of the Bionicle teeth free to rotate: those right in front of the front wheels. I thought these were impossible to fix, but now I found a way after all:

400x575.png

This is the #13/14 panel in front of the front wheels. The trick is to use 85x85p.jpg?1626703775.022352 instead of the axle-pin, then push in 85x85p.jpg?1626703832.7568336 as shown. Now the tooth will be blocked at exactly the right angle!

Note that the new 2L bar with center stop must be used instead of e.g. a 3L bar -- the latter would stick out and collide with the 85x85p.jpg?1626703411.603907 in front of the wheel.

Edit: you can do withoutĀ 85x85p.jpg?1626703775.022352Ā if you replaceĀ 85x85p.jpg?1626703323.3862257Ā andĀ 85x85p.jpg?1626703359.5732746Ā byĀ 85x85p.jpg?1626703368.49704and 85x85p.jpg?1626703549.9362705.

Edited by astyanax

22 hours ago, astyanax said:

Ā 

Again a nice custom solution fromĀ youĀ along with all the other countless creative mods you have done to please usĀ :thumbup:Ā !Ā Considering how many bionicle teeth have been used to cover the many gaps you can say itĀ“s a clean solution to keep the "Technic" look.Ā In general I try to keep it consistent, notĀ useĀ blocky bulkyĀ system parts all over the place.Ā My original design was held on better axle pinsĀ :wink: than those in blackĀ we were having in the first wave of sets.

Is your car anytime done yet so it can finally collect dust on itĀ (retoric q :laugh:)?

Edited by brunojj1

So just saw that this will also be officially released in yellow as well. (There's a video on Cada youtube channel).

I must say its pretty cool and appealing to have a model released in multiple colours. It definitely makes it more interesting.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, langko said:

So just saw that this will also be officially released in yellow as well. (There's a video on Cada youtube channel).

I must say its pretty cool and appealing to have a model released in multiple colours. It definitely makes it more interesting.Ā 

Great to see they even included a speed build!

But... it gave me a big laugh... Because they even recolored some of the taillightsĀ to yellow!Ā :iamded_lol:

Spoiler

Ā 

(I'm talking about those red stripes above the exhausts)

12-ferrari-488-pista-rt-2019-rear-end.jp

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by astyanax
photo to spoiler

Yellow looks sweet. It kind of makes me wonder why they never made the black and yellow Centenario. That would have sold like hot cakes. Anyway, Iā€™m happy with my red 488 PistaĀ :sweet:

4 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

They are improving n' getting smarter in the right direction but, no new 1:8 big cars this year?Ā :cry_sad:

Stay tuned :wink:Ā 

Ā 

Ā Coming November, I believe.Ā Ā 

Thnx! So many MK sets this year compared to Cada (of course quality and conscience matter). Last year it was 2 big bad boys from Cada. This year it should happenĀ again

8 hours ago, astyanax said:

But... it gave me a big laugh... Because they even recolored some of the taillightsĀ to yellow!Ā :iamded_lol:

Yeah, me tooĀ :laugh:Ā ! They didnĀ“t ask / inform me, nor did they imply my easy fixes. Ā However many other minor fixes regarding parts and instructions quality can be confirmed. Waiting for my 2 free samples so I can make somebody happy on Christmas day againĀ :moar:.

6 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Thnx! So many MK sets this year compared to Cada (of course quality and conscience matter). Last year it was 2 big bad boys from Cada. This year it should happenĀ again

6 hours ago, LvdH said:

Stay tuned :wink:Ā 

Ā Coming November, I believe.Ā Ā 

We can only hope so!Ā You should pay attention to the CaDA live streams featured by Martin, starting soon on a regular basis with all the good news!

Edited by brunojj1

11 hours ago, astyanax said:

I must admit I didn't pay much attention, but now that you point that outĀ :roflmao:Ā 

I guess it is just a genericĀ italian inspired super car though, so who are we to say whats rights and wrongĀ :wink:

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Yeah, me tooĀ :laugh:Ā ! They didnĀ“t ask / inform me, nor did they imply my easy fixes. Ā However many other minor fixes regarding parts and instructions quality can be confirmed. Waiting for my 2 free samples so I can make somebody happy on Christmas day againĀ :moar:.

Wow, seems a bit odd that they didn't talk to you about it... But glad to hear you get some free copies ofĀ it. You've earnedĀ itĀ :thumbup:

On 9/22/2021 at 1:57 PM, thekoRngear said:

Well, Humvee is also 1:8 and it seems to be huge :wink:

Ā 

2 hours ago, andrzejl said:

Well, Humvee is also 1:8 and it seems to be huge :wink:

Ā 

Yupe, that thing is huge. I am looking forward to the live stream centering around it. Looks like it is (almost) time I got pumped up for upcoming Cada bad boys. I am sorry Brunojj1 for kinda hijacking your car thread. It seems this one single thread is just not enough to discuss everything CadaĀ :wink:

10 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

I am sorry Brunojj1 for kinda hijacking your car thread. It seems this one single thread is just not enough to discuss everything CadaĀ :wink:

Oh please, I donĀ“t mind at all and I think the OP doesnĀ“t either. As long as the moderators donĀ“t intervene, IMO itĀ“s apreciated by everybody (except those "being offended by the fact itĀ“s not Lego"). And I really would like to know whoĀ“s the creator of this super coolĀ Humvee (wish it was @SarielĀ :blush:Ā ).

Edited by brunojj1

Seen this @brunojj1?

Lego just gets more and more unsympathetic, with how they act against their competition.

It's not just about that model or sets with that part.. if you have a MOC on rebrickable using the orange gear selector (in a gearbox), you're probably infringing on a patent.

17 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

ItĀ“s a very entertaining episode again, isnĀ“t it! No matter what - itĀ“s greatĀ to be part of this community where we can discuss everything in all openness, honesty and respect. IĀ“m proud with the big impact I could achieve with this modell - thanks God, thanks LEGO, thanks JohnyĀ“s World, Held der Steine and especially all you guys and girls!Ā The journey will continue, hopefully in a peaceful competition and coexistence. If somebody is interested in a modernĀ cancel culture war, I have no time for that. There is so much more to discover in the future, so many ideas hovering in my mind, projects on my workbench - so letĀ“s move on with playing and having fun!

This. Stay positive, have fun. Be fun!

Hi everyone,

I am experimenting with a 4x CaDa L Motor setup in the Pista at the moment. Since I am still learning about gearboxes and gear ratios, I would like to check if my understanding is correct.

I have set up the motors based on Brunos suggestion on page 11:

drivetrain_mod_3.jpg

Do I read this setup correctly, that only the green gears in the picture result in aĀ 1:1.667 (20/12) ratio? (1 turn of the 12 gear at the motor -->Ā 0.6 turns of the 20 helper gear --> 1 turn of the 12 gear --> 1 turn of the 20 gear --> 1.667 turns of the 12 gear -->Ā 1.667 turns of the 16 gear --> 1.667 turns of the 16 gear).

And then an understanding question on Brunos calculation.Ā 

On 12/6/2020 at 1:06 PM, brunojj1 said:

1.GEAR: 12/20 +Ā 20/24Ā +Ā 20/28Ā = 1 : 2.8

640x333.jpg

Isn't the result of that 2.8:1? That's at least the result, when I enter it into Sariels calculator.Ā 

What I plan to do is to combine the setup with the green gears above with the swapped gears behind the differential (instead of 2x20/1x24 use 2x24/1x20). That should give me then

1.GEAR: 20/12 + 12/20 + 24/20 + 20/28 = 1.17 : 1
2.GEAR: 20/12 + 12/20 + 20/28 = 1.4Ā : 1
3.GEAR: 20/12 + 24/20 + 20/28 = 1 : 1.4
4.GEAR: 20/12 + 20/28 = 1 : 1.2

So if I understand this all correctly, then this combination should be (in theory) the fastest setup, assuming that the torque of the 4 CaDA L motorsĀ is still enough in gear 3 to move the car.

Please check my calculationsĀ as I am profoundly confused by now...Ā :pir-murder:

Edited by mav2010

6 hours ago, mav2010 said:

Do I read this setup correctly, that only the green gears in the picture result in aĀ 1:1.667 (20/12) ratio?

That is correct.Ā 

If you use SarielĀ“s calculator, you have the inversion of the gear ratios which I had stated - for me itĀ“s easier to think of gear reduction the other way.

6 hours ago, mav2010 said:

So if I understand this all correctly, then this combination should be (in theory) the fastest setup, assuming that the torque of the 4 CaDA L motorsĀ is still enough in gear 3 to move the car.

Please check my calculationsĀ as I am profoundly confused by now...Ā :pir-murder:

DonĀ“t be confused, my friendĀ :wink:.Ā You could even swap the 24/20Z gears behind the differential and get an even bigger gear reduction. One canĀ“t confirm this to be "ideal" because there are other factors which can vastly influence the performance, such as torque, friction,Ā quality differences between old Lego gears and newer generations,Ā between CaDA gears and Lego parts. Most important - the batteries (plural!). You definitely need at least 2 CaDA batteries which unfortunately canĀ“t be controlled by only 1 controller. Better use 2x BuWizz and there we are having multiple generations too of which performance is not the same. On the downside they are all expensive.

Nobody can guarantee if that will be working at all. You have the basic platform -Ā keep on experimenting until you have your own peak solution!

Edited by brunojj1

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Most important - the batteries (plural!). You definitely need at least 2 CaDA batteries which unfortunatelyļ»æ canĀ“t be controlled by only 1 controller. Better use 2x BuWizz and there we are having multiple generations too of which performance is not the same. On the downside they are all expensive.ļ»æ

Thanks for the confirmation, Bruno!

My calculations above are already with the swapped gears. I was basically just confused whether the "green gears" or the other alternative with all 16 gears is the "faster" one.

Regarding the battery box: I am using the Mould King battery Box with motor driver chips exchanged for something more solid (RZ7889 chips). The big advantage is, that with the Mould King battery box you can simultaneously control up to three channel. So I have 2 L Motors each on Channel A and B and can operate them all together just with the A buttons. That is quite convenient. And the driver chips are also quite powerful. Nowhere near the BuWizz of course, but at least way better than the CaDa battery box, which fails completely in driving this setup. And way cheaper as well.

The CaDa L motors are really impressive. They are really strong and with quite low amperage need for the torque they deliver.

I have built the complete drivetrain, so up to roughly step C100. In this setup, the 1 Mould King Box is driving the model quite well in all gears. I will now continue with the build. Let's see what the added weight of all the red parts now does to the performance!Ā :devil:

11 hours ago, mav2010 said:

Regarding the battery box: I am using the Mould King battery Box with motor driver chips exchanged for something more solid (RZ7889 chips). The big advantage is, that with the Mould King battery box you can simultaneously control up to three channel. So I have 2 L Motors each on Channel A and B and can operate them all together just with the A buttons. That is quite convenient. And the driver chips are also quite powerful. Nowhere near the BuWizz of course, but at least way better than the CaDa battery box, which fails completely in driving this setup. And way cheaper as well.

Just this past week I built myself a faux-Buwizz as well! I've now got three 3.7V lithium cells (from an electric jacket battery) hooked up in series to provide 11.1V. I've done some hacking of the original charger and battery circuit board, putting them into a Lego frame, and using aluminum foil and pen springs, allowing me to charge the cells in groups of any two. The performance boost over 7.4V is sweet, and it didn't cost me a cent!Ā