amorti

Brunojj1's mind-opener - red supercar - free instructions now available for static version

50 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Well they’re not exactly on CaDA’s site (from what I could find), but their official Facebook page shared all six of the PDFs. Feel free to look, you don’t even need an account :wink: 

I can link them directly here, I have no problem with it. I just wasn’t sure if someone else would have.

Okay I'd suggest to @amorti to put links in the first post then. :sweet:

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

Well they’re not exactly on CaDA’s site (from what I could find), but their official Facebook page shared all six of the PDFs. Feel free to look, you don’t even need an account :wink: 

I can link them directly here, I have no problem with it. I just wasn’t sure if someone else would have.

I'm in that group and totally hadn't noticed the books were uploaded.

Well, if CaDA are sharing then I don't see a problem. I don't suppose @brunojj1 would mind either, since the IP now belongs to CaDA. It's not the same as t_lego's lambo where he's also selling the instructions on rebrickable. That would be out of order to share, and indeed I notice that those instructions aren't reuploaded, only a corrections sheet.

So... I'll put links to the CaDA FB group in the top post. That way anyone who wants the instructions can get them, but if CaDA suddenly realize it's a mistake, nobody rehosted or reuploaded them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2218777094887398/

Edited by amorti

Just now, amorti said:

So... I'll put links to the CaDA FB group in the top post. That way anyone who wants the instructions can get them, but if CaDA suddenly realize it's a mistake, nobody rehosted or reuploaded them.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't quite know how to word that correctly. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, LvdH said:

their official Facebook page shared all six of the PDFs. Feel free to look, you don’t even need an account :wink: 

That doesn't seem entirely accurate. I don't have a Facebook account and I can browse CaDA's Facebook page but I can't access the instruction files. (Not that I need them, but still :wink:)

8 hours ago, amorti said:

The wheels can just as well be GT3 wheels, to me they look nicer on this than the chrome ones CaDA used anyway.

I'm guessing the shift paddles don't work on the static Version? If they do, I'll be interested in how they managed that.

As a matter of fact, I'm building the static version right now and have actually found it to be fairly easy to get the shift paddles to work, even without any additional parts required.

Basically, all you have to do is connecting the paddles to the main shifting mechanism (disconnected in static version) by using a 7l axle and a connector in the gearbox tunnel. Replace the 1x5 thin beam directly beneath the paddles with a knob wheel and add two 1x2 thin beam to each of the paddles.

Can post pictures if anyone is interested, currently still finishing the model.

51 minutes ago, astyanax said:

That doesn't seem entirely accurate. I don't have a Facebook account and I can browse CaDA's Facebook page but I can't access the instruction files. (Not that I need them, but still :wink:)

Me too

56 minutes ago, astyanax said:

To be fair I didn't say anything about downloading, so my statement is still correct :tongue: 

Anyway if you need them, feel free to PM me or just make a throwaway account and download them directly from CaDA. 

2 hours ago, astyanax said:

That doesn't seem entirely accurate. I don't have a Facebook account and I can browse CaDA's Facebook page but I can't access the instruction files.

2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Me too

Gents, do you want jam on it or what?

That's where the books have been uploaded by the copyright holder. If you don't want them enough to get a free (disposable) email and sign up to a free (disposable) Facebook account, then you don't really want them.

2 hours ago, amorti said:

Gents, do you want jam on it or what?

That's where the books have been uploaded by the copyright holder. If you don't want them enough to get a free (disposable) email and sign up to a free (disposable) Facebook account, then you don't really want them.

Bro it’s not unreasonable to not want to have to sign up to Facebook to download some PDFs

On 12/23/2020 at 9:32 PM, gethema said:

As a matter of fact, I'm building the static version right now and have actually found it to be fairly easy to get the shift paddles to work, even without any additional parts required.

Basically, all you have to do is connecting the paddles to the main shifting mechanism (disconnected in static version) by using a 7l axle and a connector in the gearbox tunnel. Replace the 1x5 thin beam directly beneath the paddles with a knob wheel and add two 1x2 thin beam to each of the paddles.

Can post pictures if anyone is interested, currently still finishing the model.

Please explain how you managed to have working paddles ? I think I am not the only one interested. 

Regarding the manual version of the 488, do you have the link for the PDF of book 1?

21 hours ago, grego18f said:

Please explain how you managed to have working paddles ? I think I am not the only one interested. 

Regarding the manual version of the 488, do you have the link for the PDF of book 1?

Regarding the the paddle shift mechanism:

1. Instead of adding a knob wheel in step C19, connect the front section of the paddle shift mechansim to the main part by using a 9l axle and a connector:

img_20201227_124331qqjv7.jpg

img_20201227_124419mrke8.jpg

2. Replace the 1x5 thin beam with axle hole in step C53 with the knob wheel from C19 and replace the 4l axle with stop with a 3l axle:

img_20201227_1238222qjya.jpg

img_20201227_12384476jz4.jpg

img_20201227_1245068zjpy.jpg

3. Add two 1x2 thin beams to each of the paddle shifters as depicted below

img_20201227_123717lgk8e.jpg

img_20201227_12372692ku1.jpg

In the end, it should ideally look / work like this:

I have also added a HOG steering function to the dashboard and some more minor modifications / improvements that benefit the playability and the visuals of the static model. I can share them once I'm finished.

Oh, and in case you wonder, the yellow 1x1 plate round is just placed loosely on top of the bonnet and will be replaced by proper stickers as soon as they arrive ;)

And since I couldn't decide which wheels looked better, I just fitted each side with a different pair :laugh:

Here are some more pictures of this gorgeous car:

img_20201227_130343lpkw0.jpg img_20201227_125003jjjwe.jpg img_20201227_124859y1jdv.jpg img_20201227_125412dbjdi.jpg img_20201227_1305008rkvk.jpg

Here is the link to the whole gallery: https://abload.de/gallery.php?key=jK03MVxn

PS: no, I do not have the link for the manual, sorry.

Edited by gethema

Are these instructions on Facebook there on purpose or not? I downloaded them, so I can have a look at them when I have time...

If you want to, for those who can't access them, I can share them here

Edited by chlego
Added text

7 minutes ago, chlego said:

Are these instructions on Facebook there on purpose or not? I downloaded them, so I can have a look at them when I have time...

No idea if the wider CaDA company knows about it, but the FB group seems to be moderated by a CaDA employee.

Everyone makes his own decisions, but to me seems fair that people who want them get them from the original source.

@gethema that's great work. Would you mind to host the first pictures the same way as the last? I can't open them on mobile without a more-than-whole page ad blocking the image.

@amorti Thank you! :classic: 

I've now embedded the first pictures the same way as the last, I know certain pic hosters can be a pain in the butt when it comes to ads.

Now that my previous post spans almost half a page, I hope it's not too long or the pictures too big - I can exchange them with smaller versions or add them in a compressed file if it is an issue.

4 hours ago, chlego said:

The official site has instructions for another of the 1:8 CaDA Master series models (C61041W by Thijs de Boer) here http://en.doubleeagle-group.com/list.php?pid=6&ty=25&page=2 so it it may very well be on purpose, though not very consistent. At least they share the full instructions for other sets, not just corrections for errors in the prints.

@amorti @JunkstyleGio

finally after two months of painful waiting I finally got my Cada Master C61042.

1280x720.jpg

couple a questions for you guys:

1. I saw on some reviewers’ box it says 14+, but on mine and also on another Youtuber’s (Alt Bricks) box it says 6+. Is it Okay? Mine was bought from AliExpress. I guess it does not matter at all. However, curiosity prevails.
  2. What are the spare parts list/count? I have to get this list to make sure I did not forget any part to put during the assembly of this ginormous set. I forgot to put 3 small parts on my Lambo Sian. Had I not checked with the spare lists, I prolly would not have noticed it at all. 
  3. Is there any other thing that I should keep in mind i.e.,
  • wiring the motors and batterybox. It is actually my first brickset with motors.
  • should I charge the batterybox before the first operation? How long does it take to fully charge for you guys?
  • are the easy fixes effective enough?

@thekoRngear

1) Mine says 14+. 6+ sounds unlikely to succeed.

2) There are quite a few spares including some panels. Not sure there is an official list. There's a parts list at the back of the manual.

3) Watch Brunojj1's YouTube video and follow the link for the quick-fixes, or join CaDA's Facebook group and in the download Files tab get "C61042_instruction_0-1.pdf" & 0-2 & 0-3 for those fixes (and fixes to some other small errors in the instructions) in a complete instruction format.

Use a 5.5 axle behind the steering wheel instead of a 5L.

You can put an axle through the frame below the differential and into the back of the bottom gearbox "ear" to keep it aligned while you build the gearbox. That's going to save a lot of annoyance at keeping the gears in line! 

Use metal universal joints on the rear axle instead of plastic universal joints. Up to you for the steering wheel joint, it's not necessary but it's there.

4) Use the twisty-ties from the motor cables' packaging to keep the cables tidy on the car. The instructions are fairly clear on where to run the cables, and it works as described.

5) Yes - always charge lithium batteries before use as this will balance the cells. Takes an hour or two? IDK exactly. If you plug it in right away, it'll be ready in good time to test the functions during the build.

6) The fixes are all you need, especially if you get the 0-x instructions, which will help a lot especially if you're lacking experience or confidence.

@thekoRngear: I´m happy you finally got your set, whatever the reasons for the delay might have been in these difficult times.

14 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:
  1. I saw on some reviewers’ box it says 14+, but on mine and also on another Youtuber’s (Alt Bricks) box it says 6+. Is it Okay? Mine was bought from AliExpress. I guess it does not matter at all. However, curiosity prevails.
  2. What are the spare parts list/count? I have to get this list to make sure I did not forget any part to put during the assembly of this ginormous set. I forgot to put 3 small parts on my Lambo Sian. Had I not checked with the spare lists, I prolly would not have noticed it at all. 
  3. Is there any other thing that I should keep in mind i.e.,
  • wiring the motors and batterybox. It is actually my first brickset with motors.
  • should I charge the batterybox before the first operation? How long does it take to fully charge for you guys?
  • are the easy fixes effective enough?

1. It seems you got the version produced for "mainland China" which is marginally different from the "international" version (besides pricewise). It´s safe to say 14+, no 6 year old on this planet will be able to accomplish the task. Otherwise it doesn´t matter.

2. If you browse a few pages back (p.11 - XenoRad), you will find the typical spare parts assembly. Don´t ask me why they are so many :shrug_oh_well:..

3. Check my video and get the 4 easy fixes which will improve things slightly but significantly.

You can use the black thin wires (the ones wrapped around the brandnew motors cables) to attach the wiring properly e.g..

Use the metal U-joints at the rear axles, instead of the weaker plastic counterparts.

The battery has about 20% power, so it needs to be fully charged first. Full recharging takes approx. 4 hours.

Thanks guys for your ENORMOUS helps.

@amortiI remember on my way through reading the whole thread, couple of months back, it was discussed the 12t small black gear seemed to be a bit thin. I have a few of Lego ones as spares. Should I use em?

Edited by thekoRngear

@thekoRngear, plug the servo into the battery box and switch it on.

The servo will align itself to the centre, then you can set the gear which controls the steering centring to where it wants to be.

This is standard for Lego and off-brand servos, but would still be new to you since you mentioned above that this is your first RC model.