amorti

Brunojj1's mind-opener - red supercar - free instructions now available for static version

2 hours ago, Chmashdehjare said:

Given how much the Lamborghini 42115 is getting beat up on inconsistent colors, I have to ask how this model stacks up in the same regard.

I figure that this model has more consistent colouring, but that would likely be because CaDA pieces all use more or less the same plastic for small pieces, whereas Lego pieces are more varied in which plastic they use, to account for different manufacturing considerations of each piece.

Red 18651 aren't perfect and red 22961 are kinda bad. Other than that there's nothing to see.

Sariel also pointed out some red thin 3L Liftarms but I don't see it on mine.

On 12/7/2020 at 3:48 PM, Gray Gear said:

@astyanax have you tried to use the clutch ring extension?

It seeeeems to fit... in LDCad. But it's tight, surrounded by lots of parts at angles where the virtual model may be at odds with reality. I'll give it a try later, after finishing the build with 'stock' headlights -- this area will be easy to access anyway.

Spoiler

ferrari488pista_brunojj1_altheadlight_v3

Edited by astyanax
pic hidden

Still busy with the physical build... (finished the chairs, yey)

Also still tinkering digitally with the headlights... (because I'm not planning to install LEDs)

If I were more audacious, I'd say I finally nailed it. :pir-sweet:

ferrari488pista_brunojj1_altheadlight_v6

The solution seems so simple in retrospect, because -- apart from the minifig head -- it's fully Technic. I'll steal the head in flat silver off my Batmobile (76139), and the DBG #21/22 panels off my Sian (42115).

Compare:

5-ferrari-488-pista-2018-review-headligh

Expand the spoiler to see the construction. Maybe looks a bit contrived at first, but it's made such that the panels' curves line up perfectly, without colliding with the hood, wheels, etc.

Spoiler

ferrari488pista_brunojj1_altheadlight_v8

ferrari488pista_brunojj1_altheadlight_v9

Does the space available allow meshes which would spin the gearbox anything like 5.4 times as fast, allowing the use of planetary hubs?

You'd have a lot less torque in the actual gearbox at that point, and you'd be using the new CV joints. The old type haven't busted on me in this model yet, but if I swapped my 2 buwizz in place of the 2 CaDA batteries, I'm sure I could break them.

@amorti The RPM neccecary in the drivetrain would be crazy high tho. I get your Idea, but I wonder if it is even possible to drive something real fast using the planetary hubs. Friction at hight RPM might make the idea useless. But it would definatelly be intresting to see!

Just now, Gray Gear said:

@amorti The RPM neccecary in the drivetrain would be crazy high tho. I get your Idea, but I wonder if it is even possible to drive something real fast using the planetary hubs. Friction at hight RPM might make the idea useless. But it would definatelly be intresting to see!

True. I hadn't got past torque but yes friction could well become an issue. Probably start finding holes in frames and liftarms getting wallered out.

3 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Driving a planetary hub directly from a buggy motor's inner (fastest) output will give you something "real fast". I've tried it myself, and it was great fun. Although this was of course a simple mockup, not a 3200-part model. But I just wanted to confirm that planetary hubs can indeed be driven fast.

11 hours ago, astyanax said:

Driving a planetary hub directly from a buggy motor's inner (fastest) output will give you something "real fast".

Yeah I thought that would work (all hail the Buggy Motor:laugh_hard:)

But I have my doubts about driving the 4 speed transmission at that high RPM before going into the planetary hubs.

Hello @brunojj1 I just built the Cada version of your MOC. It’s absolutely fantastic and thank you for posting the improvements on your YouTube vid. Definitely helps make the model better. I notice in your original design, the dashboard is much more interesting and accurate while Cada’s version while simple, does stress the black liftarm that is attached the A pillar. Could you share how the dashboard is made with LEGO parts in your original design please?

A bit different issue here. Ordered the Cada Master C61042. It was ordered from AliExpress. Can anyone say why is it making such delay on its way from China to Bangladesh? I am asking this because I assume here are people who may have bought this from Ali. Here is the tracking: EV944908805CN. Currently building the Lambo and cannot wait to build this beauty. When can I expect this beauty to arrive approximately?

2020-12-14 04:24

Guangzhou City, has been handed over to the carrier transport

2020-12-11 18:54

Shanghai, has been handed over to the carrier transport

2020-11-23 04:01

Shanghai, Leave Shanghai International Terminal, Next Stop Shanghai Exchange Station

2020-11-22 18:40

Shanghai, Shanghai International Terminal has been exported directly

2020-11-22 18:38

Shanghai, Export Customs/ Release

2020-11-21 23:06

Shanghai, sent to export customs

2020-11-21 18:48

Shanghai, To reach Shanghai International Terminal

2020-11-21 17:37

Shanghai, Leave Jinshan Petrochemical Investment Department, next stop (Shanghai International)

2020-11-21 15:39

Shanghai, "Golden Mountain Petrochemical Investment Department" has been received and sent

Edited by thekoRngear

On 12/11/2020 at 1:59 PM, astyanax said:

Fantastic, my friend! That´s where the real fun starts. You should start building your own Farreri soon :thumbup:!

On 12/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, Gray Gear said:

Yeah I thought that would work (all hail the Buggy Motor:laugh_hard:)

But I have my doubts about driving the 4 speed transmission at that high RPM before going into the planetary hubs.

I´m really wondering why still nobody has built it with some buggy motors. I don´t have the time unfortunately...

On 12/15/2020 at 5:31 PM, linhhhinl said:

Hello @brunojj1 I just built the Cada version of your MOC. It’s absolutely fantastic and thank you for posting the improvements on your YouTube vid. Definitely helps make the model better. I notice in your original design, the dashboard is much more interesting and accurate while Cada’s version while simple, does stress the black liftarm that is attached the A pillar. Could you share how the dashboard is made with LEGO parts in your original design please?

I´m afraid it´s not possible. If you have seen these photos or similar interpretations on others, try to ask them or better - build something yourself which really suits your needs, no matter how long it takes.

1 hour ago, thekoRngear said:

A bit different issue here. Ordered the Cada Master C61042. It was ordered from AliExpress. Can anyone say why is it making such delay on its way from China to Bangladesh? I am asking this because I assume here are people who may have bought this from Ali. Here is the tracking: ...

Seriously :look:?? People from all around the big world are talking here. We are here to discuss things, but we cannot help you because we don´t know (and we don´t care) where you come from and how the shipping is going. Please ask your seller, shipper, customs broker or whatever. It´s Covid times and that maybe a reason for a delay (?!)

Otherwise, you are welcome!

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

Fantastic, my friend! That´s where the real fun starts. You should start building your own Farreri soon :thumbup:!

I´m really wondering why still nobody has built it with some buggy motors. I don´t have the time unfortunately...

I´m afraid it´s not possible. If you have seen these photos or similar interpretations on others, try to ask them or better - build something yourself which really suits your needs, no matter how long it takes.

Seriously :look:?? People from all around the big world are talking here. We are here to discuss things, but we cannot help you because we don´t know (and we don´t care) where you come from and how the shipping is going. Please ask your seller, shipper, customs broker or whatever. It´s Covid times and that maybe a reason for a delay (?!)

Otherwise, you are welcome!

If you cannot help me then please do not talk like this. I was asking by giving away some details which apparently seemed irrelevant to you. And if it is really is then my apologies. However, the dedicated threads for specific Lego Models also allow people to talk about technical details like delivering or shipping to or from regarding the specific model(s) in this very forum. You should acknowledge the fact that people (who you do not care about wherever they come from) all around the world are really enthusiast about your masterpiece. This thread in particular is created by a member who is also an enthusiast of your creation. I do not know maybe you have had a bad day but again my apologies if my post offended you that much. My country is already mentioned under my profile name lol, but telling someone that they do not care about their country is really disappointing. You do not like my post, report it. Why do I need to know you do not care about my country?

Edited by thekoRngear

If I'm guessing, not caring about your country isn't specific to you or your country, and isn't the same as not liking it. Moreover, it's to say that your country is irrelevant to the discussion. I live in Malta - do you care about my country? Or that I live here?

This is a forum with a very international presence, but it's not the place to ask about issues with shipping between China and your country. It's the place to discuss Lego models, and in this case one particular not-Lego model.

Better if you ask the post office about your particular problem. When you have the model in hand, or a question about it, that'll be the moment to post here.

Edited by amorti

2 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

If you cannot help me then please do not talk like this. I was asking by giving away some details which apparently seemed irrelevant to you. And if it is really is then my apologies. However, the dedicated threads for specific Lego Models also allow people to talk about technical details like delivering or shipping to or from regarding the specific model(s) in this very forum. You should acknowledge the fact that people (who you do not care about wherever they come from) all around the world are really enthusiast about your masterpiece. This thread in particular is created by a member who is also an enthusiast of your creation. I do not know maybe you have had a bad day but again my apologies if my post offended you that much. My country is already mentioned under my profile name lol, but telling someone that they do not care about their country is really disappointing. You do not like my post, report it. Why do I need to know you do not care about my country?

I thought we have to respect the rest of the community as well, my friend. Your specific question for help is completely out of place in this topic.

It wasn´t meant I do not care about you or your country, it´s simply not important for me. You are welcome whereever you come from. Misunderstandings occur when different mentalities meet. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

So CaDA has published instructions for this model. The only thing is, it’s a static version so no motors. The steering servo and L motors have been substituted and the shifting servo is missing (that one is not structural). As far as I can see all the gearing and mechanisms are still in place, building the RC version shouldn’t be a challenge.

If anyone is interested I can link a zip file with all six books. The only thing you would still miss is a Bricklink parts list, though all the required parts are listed in the back of book 6. Soon (with the release of 42125) all the pieces will exist in LEGO, with the exception of the printed white 3x13 panel and they used 1x7 alternating liftarms to substitute the motors. The last issue would be the wheels, but you could use the ones from the Sian with a few small mods. 

The wheels can just as well be GT3 wheels, to me they look nicer on this than the chrome ones CaDA used anyway.

I'm guessing the shift paddles don't work on the static Version? If they do, I'll be interested in how they managed that.

9 minutes ago, amorti said:

The wheels can just as well be GT3 wheels, to me they look nicer on this than the chrome ones CaDA used anyway.

I'm guessing the shift paddles don't work on the static Version? If they do, I'll be interested in how they managed that.

Well yes you can use the GT3 wheels, but they are insanely expensive on Bricklink.

And no, they don’t work. They leave the entire servo motor out. You can still shift with the little knob in the engine bay though.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

So CaDA has published instructions for this model.

[...]

If anyone is interested I can link a zip file with all six books.

Sorry for being the least sensitive person in the room... But is there something against linking to CaDA's files or website directly, possibly even from the first post? It's about accessing TLG-compatible instructions now, not about buying non-TLG bricks.

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

Sorry for being the least sensitive person in the room... But is there something against linking to CaDA's files or website directly, possibly even from the first post? It's about accessing TLG-compatible instructions now, not about buying non-TLG bricks.

Well they’re not exactly on CaDA’s site (from what I could find), but their official Facebook page shared all six of the PDFs. Feel free to look, you don’t even need an account :wink: 

I can link them directly here, I have no problem with it. I just wasn’t sure if someone else would have.