amorti

Brunojj1's mind-opener - red supercar - free instructions now available for static version

Update 13/10/2021:

@astyanax has published a 'pimped' Red Supercar...

In the tradition of Pimp Up My GT3/Chiron/Sian/Defender, I've published the virtual model with my 'tweaks' to Rebrickable:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-89859/astyanax/pimp-my-pista-ferrari-488-pista-by-brunojj1/

Updated 23/12/2020:

CaDA's Facebook group now has instructions for the static version of the model uploaded to the Files section. It seems fair game to link you there, but also fair that no one re-upload them since, free or not, they are proprietary documents.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2218777094887398/?ref=share

So chaps and chapesses - are we talking about @brunojj1's latest creation? 

I'll start then...

1_1100x.jpg?v=1599100127

First up, look at it. It's a beauty.

It comes with 2* redesigned L motors which are supposed to be nearly twice as fast and torquey as Lego L motors. There's a review on YouTube showing it drive, and it moves much better than it should be able to, so I can believe it.

It has two servos, one for steering and one for a gearbox which is sturdy enough to shift while driving ~3,200 pieces along. Phenomenally, this mechanism also smoothly moves the gear paddles in the cabin.

The 3L pins and axle-pins are black.

The tyres are really cool.

There's just one thing... It's not made of Lego.

It's been properly licensed by CaDA (who btw have never released a model based on stolen IP) from brunojj1.

It costs $239 in Germany, direct from CaDA's online store, with 5-day shipping from China. That's $100 less than the Sian, which isn't motorised. 

For anyone who's curious, or perhaps has questioned Lego's pricing policy in recent times, there's a video on Bruno's YouTube channel, where you'll also find a 5% discount code.

So... Is anyone else talking about it... Or do we need that specific pattern on our studs to feel good?

Edited by amorti
Pimped

Cost of license that lego has to pay so the Lamborghini logo is on their set has to be huge. This model does not have any Ferrari branding.

I will probably buy this model once any of shops will have it stored in EU. Shipping from China via fedex is guaranteed to have taxes added which raises up the price.

I'm sure licensing costs something, but $100 per set? And even then, CaDA found money for a Bluetooth battery box and 4* motors.

There are various retailers in the German-speaking area who stock CaDA. Sure they'll get stock soon.

1 minute ago, Bluehose said:

Meh. Lego brought something new by taking a risk, cada bring nothing new.

Please show me how the Sian is something new from the Bugatti, or when Lego released a motorised supercar?

Hyundai didn't bring anything new from Daimler Benz, people still buy the cheaper one with more features :)

Edited by amorti

My main question is, will CaDA publish the building instructions for free like TLG always does? 

If not, would a Chinese company mind if someone scans and publishes the building instructions?

2 minutes ago, astyanax said:

My main question is, will CaDA publish the building instructions for free like TLG always does? 

If not, would a Chinese company mind if someone scans and publishes the building instructions?

I dont think they will post instructions for free.

1 minute ago, astyanax said:

Well, honestly I doubt they'll publish instructions for free. 

CaDA's other licensed supercar from @T Lego has been copied by various unscrupulous Chinabrick companies already. So I guess we'll find out how CaDA reacts.

12 minutes ago, amorti said:

I'm sure licensing costs something, but $100 per set? And even then, CaDA found money for a Bluetooth battery box and 4* motors.

There are various retailers in the German-speaking area who stock CaDA. Sure they'll get stock soon.

Please show me how the Sian is something new from the Bugatti, or when Lego released a motorised supercar?

Hyundai didn't bring anything new from Daimler Benz, people still buy the cheaper one with more features :)

Sian has 600 pieces more :)

Just now, Valkyx said:

Sian has 600 pieces more :)

Yes, but none of them are a Bluetooth battery box.

There are certainly some arguments the Sian can win, but I think value for money isn't one of them.

Please excuse my ignorance of Ferrari cars... But can someone tell if this model is obviously replicating an actual Ferrari car?

(Similar to the "PF Tribute" by @Jeroen Ottens which clearly looked like a Lamborghini Gallardo, without mentioning so.)

Just now, astyanax said:

Please excuse my ignorance of Ferrari cars... But can someone tell if this model is obviously replicating an actual Ferrari car?

(Similar to the "PF Tribute" by @Jeroen Ottens which clearly looked like a Lamborghini Gallardo, without mentioning so.)

Ferrari? Who said it's a Ferrari? No no, this is a generic red supercar, sir.

It does bear a passing resemblance to the 488 Pista though, since you mention it.

5 minutes ago, amorti said:

Ferrari? Who said it's a Ferrari? No no, this is a generic red supercar, sir.

It does bear a passing resemblance to the 488 Pista though, since you mention it.

Despite my ignorance of particular models, I've seen enough Ferrari's to recognize the "design language", which is of course meticulously cultivated by such brands. So I don't think anyone would see this model as "generic" -- it definitely has the Ferrari look. But which one, if any, I can't tell.

Truly one of the most beautiful supercars I've ever seen.

Edited by JintaiZ

6 hours ago, astyanax said:

It’s a 488 Pista replica. I gotta say though, while I’m a big fan of the front, the back’s proportions look a bit bloated :wacko:

Edited by Bartybum

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

It’s a 488 Pista replica. I gotta say though, while I’m a big fan of the front, the back’s proportions look a bit bloated :wacko:

Eye of the beholder and all that.

The flexies on the rear wheel arches can be moved in a few mm by a tip on Bruno's own video. Makes quite a difference to the look.

What I found strange in the video when I looked it a few days ago that the model already needs modding, suggested by the (main but not only?) designer of the model himself?

Is CADA 100% compatible with Lego (perfectly interchangeable?), if not, then " we need that specific pattern on our studs to feel good", otherwise you have to build up a similar sized parts inventory from zero right next to your already existing Lego inventory and never accidentally mix the two!

Edited by Lipko

12 hours ago, amorti said:

Please show me how the Sian is something new from the Bugatti

The new thing was the whole lego technic thing. Didn't exist on the entire planet. Cada steal the sucessfull concept without having nothing done for people. Cloning each piece.

1 hour ago, Lipko said:

Is CADA 100% compatible with Lego (perfectly interchangeable?), if not, then " we need that specific pattern on our studs to feel good", otherwise you have to build up a similar sized parts inventory from zero right next to your already existing Lego inventory and never accidentally mix the two!

The moulds are slightly different, but they are 100% compatible with LEGO. I have been mixing LEGO, Cada, Mould King, Decool and others for a while now, and I never had any real problems. 

Just dont do it if you care about resell value. But I just want to have fun, so I dont care.

1 hour ago, Lipko said:

What I found strange in the video when I looked it a few days ago that the model already needs modding, suggested by the (main but not only?) designer of the model himself?

Bruno is the sole designer.

He has suggested a few mods but from what I can see it's not like the set made it to release with an error that would stop it working. *Cough* osprey.

CaDA's pieces are absolutely 100% interchangeable. I have some pieces of Lego, some of CaDA, some of Lepin, and some of MouldKing. All made in different factories, all fit perfectly.

For a while I kept them apart but now they're mixed in the same bucket (Lepin panels and beams only, the rest is too poor quality to use).

I wonder if it's possible to make with real lego parts - the curved red panels look the only parts that are not official lego. 

But it does not look like instructions will be on rebrickable 

I was wondering if anyone was going to post it. But man this car is beautiful. I managed to get my hands on photoscanned instructions, and created a parts list myself. I’m currently building it using LEGO with 8x red spray painted curved panels. And I can say with confidence this is truly an amazing build, both in quality and experience. The cada Version has two L motors but you could use four L motors. There are some grey liftarms you replace and add a few gears. If anyone’s got questions I will gladly answer. 

And for those wondering, Cada has uploaded instructions for many of their sets. I would think they eventually become available. 

Oh and a little sneak peak from me: 

800x600.jpg

Edited by LvdH

@LvdH Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I will be too, at some point.

I guess it's because you already had the Lego pieces available, but I wonder what a bricklink order of all the parts would cost, if someone desperately wanted to only use LEGO pieces?

I guess if the CaDA motors are really ≈2* stronger, the 4* Lego motors you could fit may be equivalent or near equivalent to 2* CaDA motors? I wouldn't want to fit 4 and find the gearbox couldn't hold the torque. Also wouldn't want to put 2* Lego motors and find it couldn't move!

@nahpets, don't forget those black axle/pins. Won't find those in LEGO, or maybe from some obscure set for 20€ a piece. Idk.

I think @brunojj1 is deliberately staying away from this thread. If mods lose patience and start throwing bans, it's kind of a big deal to him. 

Edited by amorti

18 minutes ago, amorti said:

@LvdH Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I will be too, at some point.

I guess it's because you already had the Lego pieces available, but I wonder what a bricklink order of all the parts would cost, if someone desperately wanted to only use LEGO pieces?

I guess if the CaDA motors are really ≈2* stronger, the 4* Lego motors you could fit may be equivalent or near equivalent to 2* CaDA motors? I wouldn't want to fit 4 and find the gearbox couldn't hold the torque. Also wouldn't want to put 2* Lego motors and find it couldn't move!

I personally wouldn’t trust Cada on saying it’s “more powerful” until I see some proper specifications, like Philo’s. I can’t say I was very impressed with the speed shown in Bruno’s video. Mine will have four L motors and two BuWizz.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

I managed to get my hands on photoscanned instructions, and created a parts list myself.

Now of course everyone and their mother would looove to get a copy of those scans! Though I can imagine you have reservations about the ethics of sharing. But can you share that parts list? That would be super helpful! :sweet:

It would be nothing short of rude to share, because the whole point of the contract that CaDa does with designers like Bruno and T-Lego is so that they get money for their works.