Sign in to follow this  
Count Vroskri

[MOC] Lateen Rigged Gunboat St Mercia

Hallo! I challenged myself to build three different vessels with a he creator pirate ship, and here's my first:  Gunboat St Mercia. 

Lateen Rigged Gunboat St Mercia

Thanks for viewing, feel free to comment! 

Quite a nice small ship, I like it. I would recommend to use a bar for the steering of the rudder instead of the red part. Additionally i would spread the shrouds ends at the hull side a bit on the bar, so that they are not complete parallel from the mast down to the hull. I definitely have to get my hands on the creator pirate ship soon :)

Quite a nice little ship, I really like the brickbuild sail. I would raise the stern a little bit to give the captain a bridge to commandeer his vessel.

10 hours ago, Quotenotto said:

Quite a nice little ship, I really like the brickbuild sail. I would raise the stern a little bit to give the captain a bridge to commandeer his vessel.

Thanks, however this is a Gunboat, the captain and his crew would have lived below decks. 

11 hours ago, Stoertebricker said:

Quite a nice small ship, I like it. I would recommend to use a bar for the steering of the rudder instead of the red part. Additionally i would spread the shrouds ends at the hull side a bit on the bar, so that they are not complete parallel from the mast down to the hull. I definitely have to get my hands on the creator pirate ship soon :)

Thanks, I'll take this into consideration next time.