Glassjaw

[MOC] New Battlemechs/fighting machines complete + WIP

Greetings! It’s been forever since I last put up a post but I’ve finally gotten round to making some more ‘mechs! Rather than make a new topic for each one I’m going to keep adding more and more to this, and I’ve even remembered to take some work in progress pics as well which I will try and add as I go along as there’s always room for tips!

And now, first up is the SPN-Ae “Egyptian” 

https://imgur.com/a/9jLXfTC

A slight challenge but a very pleasing build over the course of several months (I get about 15-20 mins free build time most week days) and I’m very satisfied with the end result. I think the shaping is good, streamlined, and putting in the orange was a big step for me in deviating away from the more plain colours. 

A lot of all the new parts I have to build with have come from the recent City Space range and that’s largely where the colour scheme comes from, and I’ll often not use stickers if I’m buying sets purely to build with but I think they work well here and add something to the builds.

I still need to fill a gap on the inside of each leg, just in front of the joint. I need either a single square stud or to change a piece on the inside to fill it. The other change I may make is to fit a ball joint on the two shoulder stud launchers to allow them to move a lot more.

As always; thoughts, comments, constructive criticism. Like all my mech builds this one is also loosely based off of a dinosaur, any guesses as to which one?

Bonus WIP pictures for it that I forgot to upload at the time:

https://imgur.com/a/Jyz8gdJ

32 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Great build!

Thank you! Are there any bits you really liked or anything you would have done different?

3 minutes ago, Glassjaw said:

Thank you! Are there any bits you really liked or anything you would have done different?

It's just hard to find a design flaw that's worth mentioning ;)