Is it possible? Yes of course. After all, you can build anything from LEGO bricks. A crane model made of LEGO bricks with a height of more than 10 meters should not be a problem.
And it does not. But let's start from the beginning.
The works manager arrived at the construction site and gave an order to start the works.

0.jpg

And that's where it started. In fact, it started 5 years earlier, when my model of a large crawler crane reached 7 meters, described on eurobricks here:

The experience gained during the construction of that model was used now in the construction of another, larger and much higher crane model.
The construction target this time was at a minimum height of 10 meters, which, if successful, would make this structure my new tallest model crane in the world.
The construction took about two years intermittently with many modifications along the way, especially in the area of winders and the main arm structure.
The crane is made entirely of Lego bricks with no metal improvements and with no using glue. The exception are the lines and the load on the counterweight. The improvements that needed to be made compared to the previous seven-meter model were, above all, reducing the flexibility of the main arm structure, increasing the possibility of winders
lifting the lower and upper section, extending the rear arm and increasing the load on the counterweights.
For transport, the crane was disassembled into 13 elements, some over two meters long:

20200908_162754.jpg

As for the counterweights, I increased the load to 35 kg compared to the previous model.

20200908_164727.jpg

The counterweights are located on a tracked, remote-controlled chassis that allows the model to rotate.
And here is the new reinforced main arm structure, when tested in tight conditions:

20190615_220618.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

and already in the right place:

dzwig0.jpg

The lower section of the main arm is less than 5m long, which, combined with the height of its installation in the crane, makes the lower section itself reach a height of over 5m. Construction continued.

dzwig12.jpg

dzwig12.jpg
Installation of the upper section with a length of just over 5m.

dzwig13.jpg

And its trial straightening with a winder.

dzwig15.jpg

The final result.
dzwig1.jpg

dzwig4.jpg

dzwig5.jpg
Some technical data: Maximum height of the main arm: 10m Rear arm height: 1.8m Load in the area of counterweights on a tracked chassis: 35 kg Crane weight excluding counterweights: approx. 24 kg Arm lifting winder drive: 2x XL reduction 24: 1 Drive of the winder straightening the upper arm section: 2x XL reduction 24: 1 Hook winder drive: 1x XL 5: 1 reduction Platform drive under counterweights: 2x XL reduction 64: 1

dzwig10.jpg

dzwig14.jpg

20200908_191726.jpg

Youtube:

And links:

My website Naturalbornuser.pl (polish)

Flickr gallery

Main polish LEGO forum

Edited by Natural_born_user

Lunatic! :laugh:  Lockdown has a lot to answer for... :roflmao:

Seriously though, amazing build.. very impressive. I love a big scale build, but i think you've upped the anti with this brilliant creation!!

I suppose thi crane does not exist in reality? I have never seen static Liebherr Cranes. Does not this heavy counterweight hurt the tracks? Are you going to upload any real video but not a sequence of photos? Very curious to see it in action. Crane looks in scale and highly detailed. Welldone!

You need to place a flag at the top to warn all air-traffic.  Wouldn't be surprised if you got a call from your local airspace authorities - this thing invades airspace. 

All jokes aside, thanks for sharing.  Wonderful project. And all the cooler that you have your kid involved..

When i saw the video on YT a few days ago i thought: "it's never 10m..." Now i've seen the pics in your complete apartment.

It's realy great!

Could it lift something or only hold itself?

Just... wow...

This crane is in a league of it's own. A video showing the crane in action would be nice (although I imagine it should be played fast-forward to prevent getting bored...). 

Getting a 10m tall Lego structure to stand on it's own is impressive enough, but can this crane also lift stuff? And do you know how much weight it can handle? I recall Dawid Szamandra's mobile crane lifting a kitchen chair without collapsing, this monster must be capable of at least a similar weight I assume...

This is absolutely crazy and absolutely impressive at the same time. Must have been a hell of a job to engineer this beast. Congratulations on this massive build.

Also.. Technic Hall of Fame??

Do you have any function work video?

Yes, "wow-look", but it's only just a big technic crane sculpture, unless you can show that it work like Technic. :classic:

btw. Red is you favourite color, as I see, including all your shoes...

On 9/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, Aleh said:

I suppose thi crane does not exist in reality? I have never seen static Liebherr Cranes. Does not this heavy counterweight hurt the tracks? Are you going to upload any real video but not a sequence of photos? Very curious to see it in action. Crane looks in scale and highly detailed. Welldone!

Thanks!  It doesnt exist in reality, you have right. It only construction similar to various cranes with Liebherr stickers. Counterweights dont hurt tracks. Everything works perfectly. I have new movie with crane in action but now not in maximum 10m tall config but generally lifting tests.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:01 PM, nerdsforprez said:

You need to place a flag at the top to warn all air-traffic.

I will do it in new bigger crane :)

On 9/17/2020 at 4:18 PM, Rudivdk said:

Just... wow...

This crane is in a league of it's own. A video showing the crane in action would be nice (although I imagine it should be played fast-forward to prevent getting bored...). 

Getting a 10m tall Lego structure to stand on it's own is impressive enough, but can this crane also lift stuff? And do you know how much weight it can handle? I recall Dawid Szamandra's mobile crane lifting a kitchen chair without collapsing, this monster must be capable of at least a similar weight I assume...

Dawid Szmandra's crane is fantastic and is previous tallest crane in the world reaching 7,3m. But this my new crane can lift much more. What you can see on my new movie with my crane.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:54 PM, rm8 said:

Do you have any function work video?

Yes, "wow-look", but it's only just a big technic crane sculpture, unless you can show that it work like Technic. :classic:

btw. Red is you favourite color, as I see, including all your shoes...

And t shirts :)

Testing maximum weight possible to lift and other functions:

Edited by Natural_born_user

Georgeous!

I'll give you my adress via personel message, than you can send the crane to me... :wink::laugh_hard: