Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

On 11/14/2020 at 8:55 PM, 1Panda said:

You’d think if someone was able to get a whole figure from the series they would at Least get the collection sheet with all of them. 

Not necessarily.

I’m pretty sure we discussed before that the packaging is done at a different factory to the parts or something?

On 11/16/2020 at 1:02 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

Not necessarily.

I’m pretty sure we discussed before that the packaging is done at a different factory to the parts or something?

This is correct. Wheter the figs are leaked from China or Mexico factories, they just aren't yet in their bags,so no leaflet.

Sometimes the workers are even not entirely able to re compose the minifigure correctly as we've seen in the past, some leaked with wrong heads, wrong parts and so on.

So, all we can do is wait, but it is very likely that we're close to know.

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

This is correct. Wheter the figs are leaked from China or Mexico factories, they just aren't yet in their bags,so no leaflet.

Sometimes the workers are even not entirely able to re compose the minifigure correctly as we've seen in the past, some leaked with wrong heads, wrong parts and so on.

THIS exactly. You explained it better than me.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

8 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ok thank you for explaining! 

Definitely we are close to know soon!

But it did happen with series 19 so IT is still possible but I know it won’t be the same every time 

LEGO City sets will include a blind person with a guide dog

I wonder if a blind person will also appear in Series 21

They did something like that with the baby. It appear in Series 16 and Fun at the Park almost simultaneously

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They did something like that with the baby. It appear in Series 16 and Fun at the Park almost simultaneously

Maybe a farm related character as well or a new police figure since this wave of city sets are suspiciously light on police 

On 11/21/2020 at 1:15 AM, Robert8 said:

Oh didn´t notice that special gear until now and thought it was just a random guy taking a walk with his dog. That´s nice.

I don´t think you can compare the baby mould with that dog gear. Babys made of standard minifigure heads and some third party pieces are probably the oldest custom figures I ever saw. From the superhero fan, who plays the sceene in Spiderman 1, where Peter saves a child from a burning building, to the classical mommy-daddy-child-roleplay scenario... Pretty much everyone ever using minifigures wanted to have a baby minifigure at some point, so I´d compare its release to the release of short legs in terms of importance for the main audience.

I´d say it is not more or less likely than before. We will most likely see the dog gear again in the future (not neccesarily with a blind character but also a special police dog). We didn´t get a wheelchair cmf, too. An armlet would be indeed a good use of cmf arm printing (In fact that is something that should already have been in the city set - I mean come on. This is a case where it is much more needed than for example a wookie-figure with a brown armlet you don´t really notice a while ago) and If I had to choose between a boring city character with terrible accessory like the Series 19 Programmer and a blind character (that will just because of that make many people happy already) with a cute animal that is cool to get for everyone, I´ll prefer the second figure to be released for sure. If such a figure still get´s something like the programmer´s legs it would be a pretty popular one.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:35 AM, 1Panda said:

Maybe a farm related character as well or a new police figure since this wave of city sets are suspiciously light on police 

I think a reuse of the old goat or the introduction of a new sheep with a cmf is a little bit more likely now with the ideas blacksmith set. I can´s see them just cutting the goat from the design or change it to a pig... On the other hand we are waiting for a shepard since what... series 15?

Edited by Gorilla94

On 11/20/2020 at 7:15 PM, Robert8 said:

YES!!!!! About time!!!!! I am a deaf-blind guy with a guide dog here! I am SO HAPPPY to hear there will be a bind minifigure with a guide dog!!!!!

my dream comes true!

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Oh didn´t notice that special gear until now and thought it was just a random guy taking a walk with his dog. That´s nice.

As a deaf-blind lego fan speaking here, I AM SUPER HAPPY!!!!  So it’s so awesome!!!

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

YES!!!!! About time!!!!! I am a deaf-blind guy with a guide dog here! I am SO HAPPPY to hear there will be a bind minifigure with a guide dog!!!!!

my dream comes true!

As a deaf-blind lego fan speaking here, I AM SUPER HAPPY!!!!  So it’s so awesome!!!

Legitimate question... as a deaf blind person, how do you know what you're typing, and see you haven't made any errors?
How do you know what others have typed?

5 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Legitimate question... as a deaf blind person, how do you know what you're typing, and see you haven't made any errors?
How do you know what others have typed?

Ah thank you for asking me! I know this is way off the topic but I will answer your question anyways. 

I am not 100% blind. I am diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder, called Usher’s Syndrome (combination of deafness and a graduate loss of vision). So I define myself as a deaf-blind person. This minifigures with guide dog does represent blindness/visual impairment. The minifigure with hearing aid/cochlear implant  represents deafness/hard-of-hearing. 

Just giving you my personal prescriptive on disabilies. 

And I am very good at typing without looking at the screen. :) 

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

my dream comes true!

Representation matters so much. And, while that’s true for the people being represented, it’s just as true for kids who have friends and family to be represented too. 

50 minutes ago, williejm said:

Representation matters so much. And, while that’s true for the people being represented, it’s just as true for kids who have friends and family to be represented too. 

Exactly! :)

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah thank you for asking me! I know this is way off the topic but I will answer your question anyways. 

I am not 100% blind. I am diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder, called Usher’s Syndrome (combination of deafness and a graduate loss of vision). So I define myself as a deaf-blind person. This minifigures with guide dog does represent blindness/visual impairment. The minifigure with hearing aid/cochlear implant  represents deafness/hard-of-hearing. 

Glad to see you are on board! :pir-huzzah2:

And for the question asked by a member: There are reading programs one can use for intelligent text recognition- this would recognize the relevant text instead of the irrelevant stuff, like the members profile details.
I never had such a program but while having had big issues with eyes myself I used laptop of a friend and there he used it for news pages. Now the oraly read text can again be transformed into another way of communication.

As for writing - one can learn in many ways; just we are used to a particular one, doesnt mean there aint many others. All this sounds complicated but most things about "normal" communication are super complex already - as a person with eye disability is maybe used to a different way - other people are used to theirs.

Unfortunately many things are designed in a way that doesnt work with non-traditional ways of communication or interaction. So in this context; I'm glad Lego puts more effort into showing  what is possible - like the person in a wheelchair performing sport in another City set.

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Glad to see you are on board! :pir-huzzah2:

And for the question asked by a member: There are reading programs one can use for intelligent text recognition- this would recognize the relevant text instead of the irrelevant stuff, like the members profile details.
I never had such a program but while having had big issues with eyes myself I used laptop of a friend and there he used it for news pages. Now the oraly read text can again be transformed into another way of communication.

As for writing - one can learn in many ways; just we are used to a particular one, doesnt mean there aint many others. All this sounds complicated but most things about "normal" communication are super complex already - as a person with eye disability is maybe used to a different way - other people are used to theirs.

Unfortunately many things are designed in a way that doesnt work with non-traditional ways of communication or interaction. So in this context; I'm glad Lego puts more effort into showing  what is possible - like the person in a wheelchair performing sport in another City set.

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I appreciate both of your responses and insight, and taking the time for a slight education :classic::thumbup:

I once chemically burned my eyes (gasses/vapours/my own stupidity) and it scared the life out of me for fear of losing my sight, more than I'd ever be to lose a limb.

I'm glad lego is representing those with disabilities :) 

There are also certain reading devices you can plug in to your PC. They have a bunch of movable dots in a flat surface to form the points of tactile alphabet. That way you can read a bit, click to move on with the text and read the next few words.

15 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I appreciate both of your responses and insight, and taking the time for a slight education :classic::thumbup:

I once chemically burned my eyes (gasses/vapours/my own stupidity) and it scared the life out of me for fear of losing my sight, more than I'd ever be to lose a limb.

I'm glad lego is representing those with disabilities :) 

No problem! :) 

I totally understand how scared you felt when you burned your eyes with some chemicals! It’s the scariest for sure. 

@Gorilla94 and @Kim-Kwang-Seok Thank you for sharing the info!! :) These programs sound cool but I don’t use these programs/equipment yet. One day I will use. 

Ok, back to LEGO topic! I am still happy that we get deaf minfigure and soon we will get blind minfigure with guide dog. I wonder if we would get these minfigure with disabilies in this CMF Series 21. I think CMF is totally perfect for these minifigures with disabilies for kids/collectors to get easily. 

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ok, back to LEGO topic! I am still happy that we get deaf minfigure and soon we will get blind minfigure with guide dog. I wonder if we would get these minfigure with disabilies in this CMF Series 21. I think CMF is totally perfect for these minifigures with disabilies for kids/collectors to get easily. 

Yep. One of the great things about the CMFs is giving ‘easy’ access to figures, and it’s a great leveller in that. Giving slots to figures with an assistance dog, or a wheelchair, etc would be great. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Yep. One of the great things about the CMFs is giving ‘easy’ access to figures, and it’s a great leveller in that. Giving slots to figures with an assistance dog, or a wheelchair, etc would be great. 

I 100% agree about easy access to figures. There are no figures with disabilities in CMF lines so far (i will not count pirate since with eyepatch and peg leg because it’s a pirate stereotype). 

Figure coming with wheelchair in CMF line is pretty great! Just BMX Biker comes with her bike. 

TLG designers, take note!

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I 100% agree about easy access to figures. There are no figures with disabilities in CMF lines so far (i will not count pirate since with eyepatch and peg leg because it’s a pirate stereotype). 

Figure coming with wheelchair in CMF line is pretty great! Just BMX Biker comes with her bike. 

TLG designers, take note!

At a stretch - the guy on crutches was a start. 

17 hours ago, williejm said:

At a stretch - the guy on crutches was a start. 

Ah yes the guy with crutches! But it’s not exactly disabilities tho. This guy only got himself injuries after slipping on a banana peel tho. 

Do the S3 space villain and S8 and S16 pirates with missing limbs count as disabilities?

8 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

Do the S3 space villain and S8 and S16 pirates with missing limbs count as disabilities?

The Scallywag Pirate isn't missing any limbs

Amazon.com: LEGO Series 16 Collectible Minifigures - Scallywag Pirate  (71013): Toys & Games

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Scallywag Pirate isn't missing any limbs

He’s missing an eye though :pir-grin: Or maybe he’s just pretending, like many cartoon characters