Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey y'all, it's been awhile hasn't it? :blush: I know there's been a lot that I haven't shared my thoughts on since I've been absent, not only because I've been preoccupied/distracted by others things, but also this year has given me a greater degree of "D2C fatigue" more than others. Yeah, this really has been the year of exclusives hasn't it? Admittedly, it's all been somewhat tiresome, I just couldn't muster-up any enthusiasm over the heavy influx of such given how expected it'd all become (not to mention all the strange licensing deals)... :def_shrug:

Honestly, I actually don't find this news as disheartening as it could be, because given how lackluster Series 20 was and all that it seemed to suggest, I'm just happy there is gonna be a Series 21. :shrug_oh_well:

Wait, a Superhero? Where was this reported? :shrug_confused:

Welcome back. Nice to see you again!

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

15.) Italian Boatman in Venice

17.) Safari Adventurer with monkey or lemur

I'd go for these two!

12 minutes ago, The Reader said:

I'd go for these two!

it would be very cool if Italian Boatman comes with a small gondola, just like Mountain Biker with a bike. And Safari Adventurer comes with a new mold animal, lemur. Let’s cross fingers!

But even if Series 20 was a bit lackluster, I still think removing 4 minifigures is not the right way to go

Someone listed Super Warrior as one of the dull S20 minifigures that could be removed, while i think Super Warrior is the best Series 20 minifigure. That how it works: to each its own.

I dont know how they are testing these but they are including a lot of characters that could and probably be later in a set or a promo or something. Im pretty sure they will be more brick costumed people coming on City sets or GWPs. So, why including Green Brick Suit Guy in a series if we already know most of the costumes return later in sets anyway? (Hot Dog, Corn Cob, Banana, etc...)

Having only 12 characters will reduce the diversity of the characters and I'm really worried half of them might be City characters :sad:

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey y'all, it's been awhile hasn't it? :blush: I know there's been a lot that I haven't shared my thoughts on since I've been absent, not only because I've been preoccupied/distracted by others things, but also this year has given me a greater degree of "D2C fatigue" more than others. Yeah, this really has been the year of exclusives hasn't it? Admittedly, it's all been somewhat tiresome, I just couldn't muster-up any enthusiasm over the heavy influx of such given how expected it'd all become (not to mention all the strange licensing deals)... 

Great to see you're back :thumbup:

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

2.) Deaf boy or girl with cochlear implant or hearing aid (new hair mold)

Already one in City. (Human) Minifigs don't have ears, just holes in the hair where ears go as appropriate so they did it with printing on the head.

54 minutes ago, MAB said:

Already one in City. (Human) Minifigs don't have ears, just holes in the hair where ears go as appropriate so they did it with printing on the head.

Of course minifigures don’t have ears which it dones’t mean they are deaf/hard-of-hearing. And, thank you for reminder - I completely forgot that there is one in Main Square set! But I really think it’s perfect for CMF line. I may not buy Main Square set. Or at least, I may buy that figure from Bricklink webpage.

6 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Hey man! I was just thinking to myself the other day how much I miss seeing you on here!

3 hours ago, The Reader said:

Welcome back. Nice to see you again!

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Great to see you're back :thumbup:

Thanks everyone, hope to be around here more often like I used to... :blush: ...I guess the hiatus on Robert8's custom CMF was another reason I drifted away from here for awhile, so with the return of that just around the corner... :purrr:

6 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It hasn’t been confirmed just something I’m waiting for, we’ve never had an unlicensed super hero I don’t think.

Ah, alright, well I too am with you on that! :classic:

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ok, I’m kind of tired of reading discussion regarding price. Put that aside for me, I will like to share with you that I hope we would get some figures.

Well then, you might be interested in this topic, as it's an been an annual tradition for those anticipating the next upcoming Series here on EB... :wink:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Of course minifigures don’t have ears which it dones’t mean they are deaf/hard-of-hearing. And, thank you for reminder - I completely forgot that there is one in Main Square set! But I really think it’s perfect for CMF line. I may not buy Main Square set. Or at least, I may buy that figure from Bricklink webpage.

I didn't mean that they cannot be deaf, but to have a physical earpiece would be strange when ears are implied. Hence the print on the side of the head near where the ear shaped hole in the hair implies an ear is there.

10 hours ago, MAB said:

I didn't mean that they cannot be deaf, but to have a physical earpiece would be strange when ears are implied. Hence the print on the side of the head near where the ear shaped hole in the hair implies an ear is there.

I totally understand what you are talking about. 

Looking at the guesses from *certain* people in the guessing game thread :laugh:, I wonder what will be the new animal mould this time around

They have been introducing at least 1 animal mould per series since CMFS15

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Looking at the guesses from *certain* people in the guessing game thread :laugh:, I wonder what will be the new animal mould this time around

They have been introducing at least 1 animal mould per series since CMFS15

I hope there will be more than one new and several animals in total :wink:
The CMF are so expensive now so Lego better put in a lot on animals if they want me to buy them :tongue:

I guess sheep or pigeon are most likely since they are long overdue, however they rarely give us what we expect in that department so hard to guess :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I hope there will be more than one new and several animals in total :wink:
The CMF are so expensive now so Lego better put in a lot on animals if they want me to buy them :tongue:

I guess sheep or pigeon are most likely since they are long overdue, however they rarely give us what we expect in that department so hard to guess :shrug_oh_well:

I still want new bat and frog moulds like the owl and cat got.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

29 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I still want new bat and frog moulds like the owl and cat got.

I’m surprised that they haven’t introduced a more standard ‘dog’ mould with folded ears to be a Labrador / Dalmatian. But yeah there’s no apparent logic to this - i just hope that they start cramming animals into CMF and City the way they seem to be doing with Friends. I mean, they got sloths, alpacas, elephants, seahorses, squirrels, foxes and all sorts already ?

4 hours ago, williejm said:

I’m surprised that they haven’t introduced a more standard ‘dog’ mould with folded ears to be a Labrador / Dalmatian. But yeah there’s no apparent logic to this - i just hope that they start cramming animals into CMF and City the way they seem to be doing with Friends. I mean, they got sloths, alpacas, elephants, seahorses, squirrels, foxes and all sorts already ?

I haven’t thought about it that way. You’re absolutely right, LEGO City/CMF is really lagging behind!

51 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I haven’t thought about it that way. You’re absolutely right, LEGO City/CMF is really lagging behind!

I think minifig animals would progress a lot more if Creator 3-in-1 started using normal dogs/cats/birds etc.

Sure, the brick-built animals are somewhat charming and part of the parts needed for alternate builds, but it would put City, Creator, Xtra into a more cohesive current-day lineup.

On the other hand, I can understand the animals built from parts have more moving legs and such which add to playability.

Leave the 3-in-1 animal building to the polybags like the 2020 Cat and Rabbit, and the recent Dragon / Shark / Dinosaur etc.

Edited by TeriXeri

New rumor going around on IG

It seems the releases were switched: Series 21 is coming after Looney Tunes. So LT CMF releases in Jan 1st and Series 21 would come next spring :oh:

Maybe @Itaria No Shintaku can tell us something about it? :look:

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

New rumor going around on IG

It seems the releases were switched: Series 21 is coming after Looney Tunes. So LT CMF releases in Jan 1st and Series 21 would come next spring :oh:

Maybe @Itaria No Shintaku can tell us something about it? :look:

Yes that is correct AFAIK.
And the 3rd series won't be Disney 3 AFAIK.
Should be a series about an IP they have they didn't make CMFs yet.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

I thought something was off with S21 being 12 figures and putting a smaller Looney Tunes series out makes more sense. Let's hope IT is the 12 and they continue as normal with 16 per series for regular themes.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I thought something was off with S21 being 12 figures and putting a smaller Looney Tunes series out makes more sense. Let's hope IT is the 12 and they continue as normal with 16 per series for regular themes.

Yes I would rather wait a few months longer for S21 and get the normal 16 figs than get it in January with 12 (we still may get 12 if we are unlucky):shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Should be a series about an IP they have they didn't make CMFs yet.

Marvel perhaps? The possibility of such was being discussed elsewhere only a little while ago. :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Marvel perhaps? The possibility of such was being discussed elsewhere only a little while ago. :shrug_confused:

I’m hoping it would be Marvel Comics too. I love some classical comic characters from 1940s and 1950s like Wonder Woman, Batman, the Flash (Jay), Cyborg, etc. But, man, I dunno.

On other hand, defnitely, it would not be Harry Potter Series 3. Harry Potter S1 did come out in 2018 and now HP S2 came out this month. So I doubt HP S3 would be released next year. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

On other hand, defnitely, it would not be Harry Potter Series 3. Harry Potter S1 did come out in 2018 and now HP S2 came out this month. So I doubt HP S3 would be released next year. 

We probably got a second HP CMS this year because it was supposed to coincide with the theatrical release of the third Fantastic Beasts movie much like how the first CMS coincided with the theatrical release of the second movie, except the third film was pushed back a year to November 2021. Will we see a third HP CMS for then though? Sounds unlikely if @Itaria No Shintaku says Autumn 2021's CMS is gonna be based upon IP they haven't done for the Collectable Minifigure theme yet.

Besides, whenever it happens if it does, I'd rather have Disney being the first to have a third Series as far as IP-based CMS go... :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

We probably got a second HP CMS this year because it was supposed to coincide with the theatrical release of the third Fantastic Beasts movie much like how the first CMS coincided with the theatrical release of the second movie, except the third film was pushed back a year to November 2021. Will we see a third HP CMS for then though? Sounds unlikely if @Itaria No Shintaku says Autumn 2021's CMS is gonna be based upon IP they haven't done for the Collectable Minifigure theme yet.

Besides, whenever it happens if it does, I'd rather have Disney being the first to have a third Series as far as IP-based CMS go... :shrug_oh_well:

I haven’t thought of third Fantastic Beast movie! Well, I suppose you get a point there. What does IP stands for?