Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I just don’t see the appeal of the Fire Fighter. I guess it’s the hat/hair combo...but the subject matter is horrible. We get plenty of fire fighter every few years in City. Sure, we could get a Dog Sitter in City. Could. We are guaranteed to get fire fighters. 

That's the point. The female Police officer hat-hair combo is a standard mould required for the bread and butter-buisness  and so it was introduced in regular sets instead of taking the budget of a 4€-cmf-figure for something that would have been produced anyways. It should have been done that way with the fire fighter, too. This figure should not cost more than the Police officers from series 2 or 9. The pirate girl might be a very plain figure offering just a cool hat-hair-combo and usefull pants, but at least it is a special hair-head-combo that would not have been produced just for the Ideasset without any big pirate-theme in the near future.

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

That's the point. The female Police officer hat-hair combo is a standard mould required for the bread and butter-buisness  and so it was introduced in regular sets instead of taking the budget of a 4€-cmf-figure for something that would have been produced anyways. It should have been done that way with the fire fighter, too. This figure should not cost more than the Police officers from series 2 or 9. The pirate girl might be a very plain figure offering just a cool hat-hair-combo and usefull pants, but at least it is a special hair-head-combo that would not have been produced just for the Ideasset without any big pirate-theme in the near future.

It was released in the Batman CMF series 1. Then it was printed with blonde hair as an exclusive in the BaM towers. Just like the Fire Fighter hair, which I imagine will also be seen in the Tower. I don’t believe the police piece has been used in City sets, not in recent years that I saw at least. 

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It was released in the Batman CMF series 1. Then it was printed with blonde hair as an exclusive in the BaM towers. Just like the Fire Fighter hair, which I imagine will also be seen in the Tower. I don’t believe the police piece has been used in City sets, not in recent years that I saw at least. 

Oh, I didn't think about that piece. I meant the other one included in the Detective office. That was intoduced in City sets as it should be.

I actually don't understand what's in LEGO's mind sometimes. Although it's pretty obvious that historic minifigs are the most sought after in every series, they only make one or two. Even the costume ones are more abundant. I really hope that they will give us more of them, not only they're great for AFOL, they could also trigger more interest for history among children, which is always a good thing

3 hours ago, aimo said:

I actually don't understand what's in LEGO's mind sometimes. Although it's pretty obvious that historic minifigs are the most sought after in every series, they only make one or two. Even the costume ones are more abundant. I really hope that they will give us more of them, not only they're great for AFOL, they could also trigger more interest for history among children, which is always a good thing

Not only that, but they could rerelease virtually any of them as recolors and they'd be just as popular.

9 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Oh, I didn't think about that piece. I meant the other one included in the Detective office. That was intoduced in City sets as it should be.

Ahh, okay. The hat/hair combos, like the Fire Fighter In 20, I imagine will always be sought after as the hair is what’s always missing from old hats. I just wish LEGO would reserve this series for more unconventional minifigs rather than ones that are guaranteed to be in normal sets. Like, any of the series minifigs that are city oriented could be released in a City set, but they are far from guaranteed. 

I have to admit that my excitement about the theme is not what it used to be. With price increases and what I feel is an increase in the amount of boring or unnecessary figures, I have been a bit disappointed. Now I mostly get excited about licensed series.

Hopefully this reduction to 12 figures is a temporary pandemic measure. And again, I hope that Lego makes good choices with those 12!

Edited by BrickHat

As long as they have at least one castle figure one space figure and a centaur I’ll be happy.

also this is the first numbered series to come out in January I wonder if we will get some holiday/winter characters like a snowman or Cupid?

1 hour ago, 1Panda said:

As long as they have at least one castle figure one space figure and a centaur I’ll be happy.

also this is the first numbered series to come out in January I wonder if we will get some holiday/winter characters like a snowman or Cupid?

Series 15 and Series 9 come to mind as numbered series in January 

Series 3, 6, 9, 13  were released on January

Series 15 was a February release.

From thise, only CMF S6 had a holiday figure: The Leprechaun.

With the CMFs being now mostly city, Id say chances of getting a holiday character are pretty low

1 hour ago, ToaIruini said:

Series 15 and Series 9 come to mind as numbered series in January 

53 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

With the CMFs being now mostly city, Id say chances of getting a holiday character are pretty low

Hahaha I meant to say “since series 15” as in winter release I have no idea how I messed that up.  :laugh_hard:

Not sure why I said Jan either 

Edited by 1Panda

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

@WhiteFang Are you going to review this series next January? :look:

Is it too early to tell?

It’s still very early to tell if I am going to review it for EB at this juncture. Are we very sure we going to get Series 21 - traditional? I thought we may get Looney Toons at some point (rumors). 

Just now, WhiteFang said:

It’s still very early to tell if I am going to review it for EB at this juncture. Are we very sure we going to get Series 21 - traditional? I thought we may get Looney Toons at some point (rumors). 

Yes. It's confirmed. Starting from this series, each wave will have 12 minifgures instead of 16.

The lineup for 2021 is

Jan 1st - Series 21 

April/May - Looney Tunes

Sep - Licensed (unknown)

On 9/19/2020 at 7:11 PM, Robert8 said:

you forgot that there are more holiday figures than just just Leprechaun. There are Gingerbread Guy, Cute LIttle Devil, Santa Claus, Hoiday Elf, the entire Series 14, and a few Hallloween-inspired figures like Werewolf, Mummy, There is a Bunny Suit Guy but it’s not exactly holiday. I would treat the Bunny Suit Guy as a Easter Bunny. I dunno if holiday figures are that low but I sure hope we would get Cupid or New Year’s Baby. 

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

you forgot that there are more holiday figures than just just Leprechaun. There are Gingerbread Guy, Cute LIttle Devil, Santa Claus, Hoiday Elf, the entire Series 14, and a few Hallloween-inspired figures like Werewolf, Mummy, There is a Bunny Suit Guy but it’s not exactly holiday. I would treat the Bunny Suit Guy as a Easter Bunny. I dunno if holiday figures are that low but I sure hope we would get Cupid or New Year’s Baby. 

I meant that holiday minifigures are weird occurences in January series

All of those you mentioned were either spring or fall waves (except for the Series 3 Mummy. You're right about that one. That was a January series)

16 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I meant that holiday minifigures are weird occurences in January series

All of those you mentioned were either spring or fall waves (except for the Series 3 Mummy. You're right about that one. That was a January series)

Ahhh, I see your point now. Ok, yeah I agree with you. 

What is so important about January any way? The monsters series was a summer release - so would have been out before Halloween, the Leprechaun out before St Patricks day, and so on.

But now we get a single unlicensed set per year, the date is largely irrelevant compared to what it contains.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

What is so important about January any way? The monsters series was a summer release - so would have been out before Halloween, the Leprechaun out before St Patricks day, and so on.

But now we get a single unlicensed set per year, the date is largely irrelevant compared to what it contains.

You mean Sereis 14 was released in September 2015, not summer? 

I only notice that single non licensed series per year. Some of them were released in late spring/early summer. It’s pretty interesting to see Series 21 pushed back to January while other licensed series are scheduled for later after March/April. So I guess Series 21 contains some random 12 figures. 

27 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You mean Sereis 14 was released in September 2015, not summer?

It was first released at the start of August, and more generally throughout August. So it had been on the shelves in most places for about 2 months by Halloween, so plenty of time for anyone wanting to get them for Halloween. So it was sort of tied in to Halloween, much better than if it had been released in January. Similarly, I doubt many people would want a Santa as a January release. Better to release it a little while before the holiday.

I can’t remember if there is any roster leaked? Did we hear any rumors about that roster/list of figures for Series 21? I saw that roster somewhere but i can’t remember where.

Hey y'all, it's been awhile hasn't it? :blush: I know there's been a lot that I haven't shared my thoughts on since I've been absent, not only because I've been preoccupied/distracted by others things, but also this year has given me a greater degree of "D2C fatigue" more than others. Yeah, this really has been the year of exclusives hasn't it? Admittedly, it's all been somewhat tiresome, I just couldn't muster-up any enthusiasm over the heavy influx of such given how expected it'd all become (not to mention all the strange licensing deals)... :def_shrug:

On 9/16/2020 at 12:20 PM, Robert8 said:

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21 will be released next January 1st

This will be the first series with 12 minifigures

Honestly, I actually don't find this news as disheartening as it could be, because given how lackluster Series 20 was and all that it seemed to suggest, I'm just happy there is gonna be a Series 21. :shrug_oh_well:

On 9/16/2020 at 1:03 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

Personally I am excited. I’ve been waiting for a couple of years for a superhero in the regular series.

Wait, a Superhero? Where was this reported? :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey y'all, it's been awhile hasn't it? :blush: I know there's been a lot that I haven't shared my thoughts on since I've been absent, not only because I've been preoccupied/distracted by others things, but also this year has given me a greater degree of "D2C fatigue" more than others. Yeah, this really has been the year of exclusives hasn't it? Admittedly, it's all been somewhat tiresome, I just couldn't muster-up any enthusiasm over the heavy influx of such given how expected it'd all become (not to mention all the strange licensing deals)... :def_shrug:

Honestly, I actually don't find this news as disheartening as it could be, because given how lackluster Series 20 was and all that it seemed to suggest, I'm just happy there is gonna be a Series 21. :shrug_oh_well:

Wait, a Superhero? Where was this reported? :shrug_confused:

Hey man! I was just thinking to myself the other day how much I miss seeing you on here!

It hasn’t been confirmed just something I’m waiting for, we’ve never had an unlicensed super hero I don’t think.

Ok, I’m kind of tired of reading discussion regarding price. Put that aside for me, I will like to share with you that I hope we would get some figures. 

1.) Blind guy with guide dog

2.) Deaf boy or girl with cochlear implant or hearing aid (new hair mold)

3.) Sign lanauge interpreter with a “sign lanauge interpreter” words in white on black torso. 

4.) Centaur (of course we know there is one in Harry Potter’s Forbdden Forest)

5.) New Year’s Baby

6.) Groom (we do have Bride from Series 7)

7.) Zombie Knight 

8.) Zombie Spaceman

9.) Middle Age Witch with cauldron and spellbok (unlike the Witch from Series 2)

10.) Enchantress (female version of Wizard from Series 12)

11.) Dog Suit Guy or Girl

12.) Lion Suite Guy

13.) Tiger Suit Girl

14.) Two-headed (not double-faced) Monster (it’s pretty cool to see it come in physical form but it’s kinda difficult) 

15.) Italian Boatman in Venice

16.) Parrot Suit Girl

17.) Safari Adventurer with monkey or lemur 

18.) SWAT Officer

19.) Guy with Rocket Backpack (it looks like a guy flying around with backpack-rocket).

20.) Yellow Brick Suit Girl

This list I provide is what I am hoping we would get! :)

Edited by DBlegonerd7