Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

9 hours ago, N8thanAshley2 said:

Did this for Series 20 and frankly I was disappointed with the response I got. (I thought it would be appreciated, but no one even seemed to notice haha) ...but here I am again. I have to do this to speed up my own process of breaking down boxes and having gone to so much effort it seems selfish not to share. Even if it only helps one of you find that fig you’re looking for on a shop shelf then it’s worth sharing. I’m in the UK and every box I received follows the same pattern. Thanks, Nath

F2203648-FBBE-46F3-B203-8C9D135ACC3E.png

Our two boxes were:

L Back, box 1
Ladybug
Pug
Airplane x 2
Violin x 2
Dolphin
Beekeeper
Dolphin
Beekeeper
Dolphin
Beekeeper
Alien
Space cop
Alien
Space cop
Space cop
Alien
L Front

R Back, Box 1
Pug
Ladybug x 2
Pug
Airplane
Violin
Castaway
Chorus girl x 3
Castaway x 2
Centaur
Aztec
Centaur
Aztec
Centaur
Aztec
R front

Box 2 was essentially the same, except that the last two aliens and space cops were backward on the left front, and the last two centaur and aztecs were mixed up on the right side.

12 hours ago, N8thanAshley2 said:

Did this for Series 20 and frankly I was disappointed with the response I got. (I thought it would be appreciated, but no one even seemed to notice haha) ...but here I am again. I have to do this to speed up my own process of breaking down boxes and having gone to so much effort it seems selfish not to share. Even if it only helps one of you find that fig you’re looking for on a shop shelf then it’s worth sharing. I’m in the UK and every box I received follows the same pattern. Thanks, Nath

F2203648-FBBE-46F3-B203-8C9D135ACC3E.png

Thanks Nath, I’ve Googled Series 21 box layout so many times to make life easier when these eventually hit NZ. I always feel the bags too, but this makes it a little quicker to narrow them down 🙂

13 hours ago, N8thanAshley2 said:

[image]

Dude this is so useful, thank you!

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

Sainsbury’s has them.

Thanks for this information!

49 minutes ago, Coopa182 said:

Thanks Nath, I’ve Googled Series 21 box layout so many times to make life easier when these eventually hit NZ. I always feel the bags too, but this makes it a little quicker to narrow them down 🙂

Awesome

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Dude this is so useful, thank you!

Thanks for this information!

You’re very welcome

3 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Sainsbury’s has them.

Shame their local stores don't have them. 

Do Tesco superstores normally carry CMFs? At this point they're the only way we can get them and feel them in the UK.

23 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Do Tesco superstores normally carry CMFs? At this point they're the only way we can get them and feel them in the UK.

They haven’t the last couple of times I’ve checked (before series 21 admittedly). But I will go on a hunt this evening.

2 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I saw one (half empty) box In Tesco on my weekly visit. The following week, nothing.

@admiral_typhoon, @Anonknee Muss, @N8thanAshley2, I should be returning to Sainsbury’s later this week for food shopping. If they have any of the CMFs left, I can feel and get them for you at cost (£3.50) plus P&P at cost. No need to pay me until you had received them. Please PM me if you’re interested.

I wear PPE gloves that I clean with hand sanitiser before feeling the packets in store and can do the same when packaging the packets. From the time I buy them to the time you receive them will be at least 4 or 5 days which should be long enough for any virus from other shoppers/Sainsbury’s staff who may have touched the packets to have died.

14 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Hey  I’m not far from there I should probably go looking thanks for letting me know.

When I said show up I meant entering the home/building and or searching. I sometimes forget not every one uses the same wording as I and I apologize that I didn’t make it clear the first time. And thanks for answering my question.

The other place to look around here in Rochester is the ABC Toy as well.  Great place to find some older sets as well.  Though they tend to be a bit pricey as in $5.99 for the blind bags.  I only tend to buy blind bags from them when I am looking for 1 or 2 very specific characters or my kids steal one of the figures off my wall and I have to replace it and the series is retired or impossible to find elsewhere.

4 hours ago, AmperZand said:

@admiral_typhoon, @Anonknee Muss, @N8thanAshley2, I should be returning to Sainsbury’s later this week for food shopping. If they have any of the CMFs left, I can feel and get them for you at cost (£3.50) plus P&P at cost. No need to pay me until you had received them. Please PM me if you’re interested.

I wear PPE gloves that I clean with hand sanitiser before feeling the packets in store and can do the same when packaging the packets. From the time I buy them to the time you receive them will be at least 4 or 5 days which should be long enough for any virus from other shoppers/Sainsbury’s staff who may have touched the packets to have died.

Bless you man, I just went to Sainsbury's today and found some. But I really appreciate you asking especially with the insane prices that eBay is asking for.

11 hours ago, N8thanAshley2 said:

Awesome

You’re very welcome

I went to a box today and the 3 aliens were at the front and the 3 space police behind them, they had swapped places, I didn't check the rest of the box out though. I was only after 3 Space Police :grin:

6 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Many thanks for the offer, I'm going to check out a tesco superstore (and maybe even a sainsburys depending how long it takes me) tomorrow morning and if I don't find them I'll be sending you a PM :thumbup:

Edited by admiral_typhoon

Finally it's widely available in New Zealand. Managed to get 20% on a sealed box.  Strangely, I got more Alien and Shipwreck Survivor and only has 2 full sets.  Anyone else having uneven distribution?  

And my favourite is the Shipwreck Survivor and the Beekeeper.  

I would have prefered 16 minifigures like in the previous series, even if that would have ment updated reissues and reinterpretations of previous characters, especially since there is only one non licensed series a year.

Yet I have discovered an advantage. Having only 12 minifigures makes feeling the blind bags much easier!

"Blind bags" are only "blind" for those without sensitivity in their fingers. :devil_laugh:

Back to store smudging! I'm gonna get some of those Jaguar warriors. They look great!

12 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Yet I have discovered an advantage. Having only 12 minifigures makes feeling the blind bags much easier!

there is one more advantage I found, it makes buying a whole box way cheaper XD

3 hours ago, AViewToALego said:

"Blind bags" are only "blind" for those without sensitivity in their fingers.

I wonder if they going to transition this to blind box considering they are doing it for VIDYO.  Then we need to train our ears to be extra sensitive XD

I think these Bandmates are the only reason CMF have been reduced in number this year.

Imagine how overwhelming it would be for children (or rather the parents) if there were 5 series of 16 minifigures.

50 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

I wonder if they going to transition this to blind box considering they are doing it for VIDYO.  Then we need to train our ears to be extra sensitive XD

Probably just a test on what is already an experimental theme.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

It is deeply disturbing to see the Vidiyo theme deploy the dreaded blind boxes, which will doom them to the clearance bin like so many other mystery boxes. Thankfully on this 1st series of the Vidiyo characters most of them are weird/undesirable, but it's still not something that's good to see - fervently praying that CMFs stay bags for the foreseeable future. Boxes only help the resellers who will hoard cases in bulk to sell piecemeal. It would be especially cruel for fans of CMFs to finally get a Marvel and possibly Star Wars series after literally a decade+ of waiting only to be cheated by blind boxes. 

Just now, Darth Caedus said:

It is deeply disturbing to see the Vidiyo theme deploy the dreaded blind boxes, which will doom them to the clearance bin like so many other mystery boxes. Thankfully on this 1st series of the Vidiyo characters most of them are weird/undesirable, but it's still not something that's good to see - fervently praying that CMFs stay bags for the foreseeable future. Boxes only help the resellers who will hoard cases in bulk to sell piecemeal. It would be especially cruel for fans of CMFs to finally get a Marvel and possibly Star Wars series after literally a decade+ of waiting only to be cheated by blind boxes. 

I dont know, I cannt say how many people woldwide only buy CMF's because they can feel and pick the individual choices.

I can say that many people here - myself included - would either refrain completely from purchasing any of these or only pick a very selected amount. As it is now; getting CMF's - sometimes even multiples is the best way (often also only way) to get certain prints and pieces. Would it be a drastic decrease in sales if this strategy doesnt work anymore? Maybe, maybe not. But for sure I see no good reason for them changing the strategy. In case of these sets: I will not pick up a single one cause my interest would be limited to maybe 2 of these. And chances are, that I could get 3 ice cream guys, too expensive for the trash but completely not usable to me. While another person would want this figures but gets a different one.

- Naja; another case of Lego strenghening the 3rd market.

- Just another argument for: Make individual CMF's available at Lego Shop, if this is really an issue. For a small price increase if needed. And if they really want to strenghten the local markets then they can promote kind of "minifigure exchange" stations.

- Also any kind of "Boxing" would prevent the blind bags from being distributed as "cheap last minute buy" sets. They would simply become to blocky and big.

- Also if any CMF's would become like this; there would be a huge outcry. Maybe we AFOL's are few and here even fewer. But this group is loud anyway....

With these kind of sets I feel like its one of multiple attempts of TLG to reach into some kind of new market (women, art, technology). They know they cannot expand forever on young boys and loyal fans, as space to put stuff is running out for us and as more and more kids will rather get video game/phone/tablet related stuff (and the middle class of the west is not in the best of situations while the new middle class of other countries does not necessarily consume Lego). I personally think TLG is just too far behind with technology, so they will shrink. Im curious if Super Mario was a failure as well. I would really like to actually know. Because I cannt imagine it worked (as much as I would hope) but I'd like to see actual data.

As I speculated on the Vidiyo thread, it is entirely possible the app that is supposed to go with this theme could identify the figs, It would be an incentive for the download.

On 2/7/2021 at 6:01 PM, gedren_y said:

As I speculated on the Vidiyo thread, it is entirely possible the app that is supposed to go with this theme could identify the figs, It would be an incentive for the download.

Pessimistically I doubt that that's the case but that would be awesome if it were so! Keeps it a mystery for anyone casual but is a simple way to incentivize downloading the app. 

Does anyone know where I can find the question mark background wallpaper that is associated with the series 21.  

On 2/7/2021 at 11:01 PM, gedren_y said:

I think the QR code is just to download the app, a shortcut if you will.

12 minutes ago, The Reader said:

Just out of curiosity: Does anybody has an idea what the abbreviation "J P" on the Airplane Girl's torso might mean? 

Usually with things like that in the CMF Series it's the designer's initials.