Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

On 12/23/2020 at 12:53 AM, jonwil said:

We had an alien queen in a previous series.

What series? I can only remember the Alien villainess from Series 8. When did we get a queen?

On 12/24/2020 at 9:57 PM, dimka_ya said:

Sorry, I do not quite understand what the BAM stations it. 

In my country, only "official lego supplies" are mostly available.

I think that for thosewho have recently joined Lego it would be a good way to get something interesting. They (TLC) also re-release the City series.

p.s. I think I understand :) Unfortunately, there is nothing like BAM stations withim my reach.

BAM stands for Build A Mini figure. I’m not sure if its online but in physical Lego stores they have tubs of torsos, legs, heads, and hair pieces, all separate of course. Costumers can pick a torso, head, hair, and leg piece to build their unique minifigure. Some torsos and leg pieces from CMF series have become available through these tubs. Lego basically officially released them, you just have to piece together the correct combination and some CMF figures should be recreated through that means. 

I also suggest checking bricklink for previous CMF figures. The prices are generally nothing crazy and there are a lot of good and reliable sellers if you do your research on them. You can filter for new and sealed, and sellers who sell like that are typically very good feelers (I don’t sell but I have had a perfectly accurate history of feeling a pack and knowing the figure inside). But that could be a risk. Some sellers sell new and opened, but they typically only slit the top of the bag to verify the figure but don’t touch it beyond that. 

On 12/24/2020 at 3:07 PM, dimka_ya said:

Hello!

I think it's a good idea to start re-releasing minifigures from the first series of CMF little by little. May be one two at a time. TLC can arrange a vote on the official platform or eurobricks.

I have recently "joined Lego" anf do not see any other options to get the best of them :sad:

They've done this before after series 3. It was a bit of a failure . Maybe it was too close to the original series. I hope they don't re-release CMFs as the printing these days is so much better, plus the use of dual moulds and so on for legs and arms is a real enhancement. I'd prefer they continue to release similar figures where they think there is demand. For example, they recently released another diver, which was also a character in series 1. Similarly we have had new versions of zombies, cheerleaders, native Americans, ninjas, astronauts, robots, etc.

On 1/2/2021 at 9:02 AM, cosmic said:

BAM stands for Build A Mini figure. I’m not sure if its online but in physical Lego stores they have tubs of torsos, legs, heads, and hair pieces, all separate of course. Costumers can pick a torso, head, hair, and leg piece to build their unique minifigure. Some torsos and leg pieces from CMF series have become available through these tubs. Lego basically officially released them, you just have to piece together the correct combination and some CMF figures should be recreated through that means. 

Thank you. I understood how BAM works. But, unfortunately, in my country they do not practice this in stores.

18 hours ago, MAB said:

They've done this before after series 3. It was a bit of a failure . Maybe it was too close to the original series. I hope they don't re-release CMFs as the printing these days is so much better, plus the use of dual moulds and so on for legs and arms is a real enhancement. I'd prefer they continue to release similar figures where they think there is demand. For example, they recently released another diver, which was also a character in series 1. Similarly we have had new versions of zombies, cheerleaders, native Americans, ninjas, astronauts, robots, etc.

Yes, I agree with you. I also want to see the CMFs produced now with modern technological prints.

21 turned up today. Only grabbed the centauride and Aztec warrior this time, but I'm pretty happy with them.

I've gotten my hands on a few of this series and I love the centaur and space police figures.

One thing that supprised me was that the dolphin is actually a slightly different mold than the friends version. It is more angular and has a sharper beak. Edit to say I realize now this is not new but that there is a city version of the dolphin that appeared previously.

Edited by Vorkosigan

Did someone of you in Germany find these somewhere (Müller oder Roßmann)? :look:

Edited by aimo

16 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

One thing that supprised me was that the dolphin is actually a slightly different mold than the friends version. It is more angular and has a sharper beak. Edit to say I realize now this is not new but that there is a city version of the dolphin that appeared previously.

Minidoll animals with doll-eyes and unrealistic round body-shape are normally not used in minifig themes where the animals are more realistically printed and shaped. However friends get a lot of animals and sometimes new species first e.g the turtle, luckily they often get a minifig version sooner or later :wink:

23 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

I've gotten my hands on a few of this series and I love the centaur and space police figures.

I think the dolphin mold first turned up in the 2nd Lego Batman Movie CMF wave.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

I think the dolphin mold first turned up in the 2nd Lego Batman Movie CMF wave.

No it was first in 60153: People Pack - Fun at the Beach, however the first Batman CMF had the lobster for the first time so maybe you confuse it with that :wink:

Saw them at target, four boxes out. Guess people are airplane girl crazy cause they seemed to be all gone. Didn't want any of the Aztec guy so you army builders can have at it.

I like castaway guy.

50811970516_1239357c79_z.jpg

On 1/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, cosmic said:

What series? I can only remember the Alien villainess from Series 8. When did we get a queen?

My mistake, I was thinking of the S8 figure, forgot what it was called :)

Only place I have seen S21 so far in Australia is the LEGO stores. (where I got mine :)

Edited by jonwil

Not to be annoying but Lego is releasing an anthropomorphic Llama guy and a Candy Mermaid in the vidiyo line so I will resume asking for outlandish figures here because obviously there’s some sort of market for them

Edited by cosmic

On 1/7/2021 at 4:54 PM, koalayummies said:

Saw them at target, four boxes out. Guess people are airplane girl crazy cause they seemed to be all gone. Didn't want any of the Aztec guy so you army builders can have at it.

I like castaway guy.

*cool castaway MOC was here*

I kinda want to team the Castway up with the pilot from the 31064.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:29 AM, Roebuck said:

No it was first in 60153: People Pack - Fun at the Beach, however the first Batman CMF had the lobster for the first time so maybe you confuse it with that :wink:

I forgot about the People Pack release. Thanks for the correction.

Is there anywhere in the UK that sells the current series where one can try to feel the bags? The lego stores here are all closed in lockdown. I really don't fancy spending the extra money on ebay/bricklink at the moment. Or do prices settle down a bit after the initial rush

20 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I kinda want to team the Castway up with the pilot from the 31064.

Yes! And I forgot to include ice skates for DIY dental work.

On 1/9/2021 at 4:22 PM, Celloguy said:

Is there anywhere in the UK that sells the current series where one can try to feel the bags? The lego stores here are all closed in lockdown. I really don't fancy spending the extra money on ebay/bricklink at the moment. Or do prices settle down a bit after the initial rush

I had to resort to the secondary market for the centauride and Mayan warrior.

My local Sainsbury’s usually gets one box of CMFs, but I haven’t seen S21 there yet. Other stores that normally carry CMFs around me are either closed or are too far to go to legally: LEGO isn’t essential shopping.

Pre-coronavirus, there used to be an initial surge in sales of CMFs from stores within a walking distance of me followed by a long tail when the price would eventually come down. Don’t know if that will be the case for this series.

I believe Argos has them. Would be most interested in any other UK store sightings. Just knowing that a particular chain has them is useful info for when lockdown restrictions are lifted.

Update: I went food shopping on 29 Jan at Sainsbury’s and it had a box. As expected, each packet was £3.50. I managed to get a few  for parts. The staff didn’t seem to mind me feeling packets. I was wearing PPE gloves that I had smeared with sanitiser gel. I was standing as far as I could from other people and ensured I was in nobody’s way.

Edited by AmperZand

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

@WhiteFang is there going to be a review for this series ? 

No, there won’t be any LEGO CMFs Series 21 review for Eurobricks as we did not receive the box for a review. Furthermore, I have not personally acquired it yet. 

Beekeeper singing: "Come on bees and pollinate it, lets go bees and pollinate ****!"

His songs are vulgar but I assure you his beekeeping is not.

50826523003_7fba74247b_z.jpg

After today leaks I noticed that another CMF served as preview for an upcoming theme

It happened with the S19 Monkie King and the theme Monkie Kid

And it seems to be happening again with the Series 20 Sea Rescuer and the upcoming Wildlife Rescue city subtheme

I wonder if any of the S21 chatacters is a preview for an upcoming theme?

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

After today leaks I noticed that another CMF served as preview for an upcoming theme

And it seems to be happening again with the Series 20 Sea Rescuer and the upcoming Wildlife Rescue city subtheme

A new space police police line will be very welcome! Or new Pirate sets. Or a new castle line with centaurs included. 

6 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

A new space police police line will be very welcome! Or new Pirate sets. Or a new castle line with centaurs included. 

Space Police would be very welcome, a new theme for 2022 perhaps?

Obviously it will be Pirate Centaurs from Outer Space ... pirates, fantasy castle and classic space in one car crash of a theme.

19 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Good observations.

Now you mentioned it... there is 3-in-1 Creator Castle set. I think Tourament Knight is a hint to that set, maybe. 

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Obviously it will be Pirate Centaurs from Outer Space ... pirates, fantasy castle and classic space in one car crash of a theme.

No, just no. That car crash would be disastrous and random!

On 1/8/2021 at 3:31 PM, cosmic said:

Not to be annoying but Lego is releasing an anthropomorphic Llama guy and a Candy Mermaid in the vidiyo line so I will resume asking for outlandish figures here because obviously there’s some sort of market for them

And there is bunny girl and a fox guy :laugh:

You were right on the money