Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

The paddle boarder is definitely my favorite, love that Paradisa vibe! At first I thought the violinist would just be a "buy it solely for the accessory" figure, but then noticed the Blacktron II pattern on his shirt. Kinda want that shirt in real life now. I also like the beekeeper, that's a figure I've been hoping to see for a while now. And I suspect @williejm is correct about the hermit crab having a stud attachment, so it'll be fun to experiment with interchangeable shells!

Also: is this the first non-licensed series to feature medium legs? 

Yes the first one.

Oddly enough, the new slope piece is yet to be used in a regular CMF wave

20 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Also: is this the first non-licensed series to feature medium legs? 

I believe so.

I also think the centaur would look better with a recolor of the S17 elf hair piece.

Really liking the look of some of these. The hermit crab is too cute, but I do wish the castaway had also come with "Wilson"! That would have been beyond epic.

6 hours ago, 1Panda said:

hopefully the space police is foreshadowing a space police revival not sure why the gave him a face that doesn’t work with the rest of the figure 

No argument to new Space themes here! Personally I'm glad the face looks "happy" and doesn't have a smirk or grimace or anything.

6 hours ago, 1Panda said:

and lastly the alien looks kinda like  he came from the famous cancelled LEGO theme “sea people “

The alien did have me thinking about Seatron. A CMF would be a way to make that alien figure finally happen! Although all new leg and torso molds are just wishful thinking.

27 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

I must be the only one who wants to see the pics but won't go to that place to see them because I dislike that place so much. Pirate canon :cannon:

Its all over YouTube already

21 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Its all over YouTube already

Oh thank you so much.

I think the castaway and beekeeper are my favorites. Two of the best occupations. :wub:

We should not have left the CMF 3 Elf and the Harry Potter Centaurs in the same room.

I am happy about the Centaur for the parts, but it does look like a weird mixture of parts. I cannot think of any Mythology with dressed female elf centaurs. 

Edited by Wardancer

I actually called the beekeeper! Really like Lego's interpretation!

Other standouts for me are the showgirl, centaur, jaguar Aztec warrior, and the castaway.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

My biggest complain here is -again- the price

Also, the reduced number of characters is really hurting the series as a whole. They could easily make 4 characters without new molds to complete the series. EASILY

I am sure the high price combined with the pandemic have hurt the sales so they reduce the figs to keep the cost down. However I wonder how much the reduced number of figs in turn will hurt the sales :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

3 costumed minifigures per series, huh? Dog, Ladybug and Plane Costumes sound cute to me. I don’t think it’s a bit much...

I do :wink: I know that they are "fan favourites" and I think that as a hole they are nice figs. However they are not very useful to me so to have 25% of the series be costumed is a bit much and unless they start including a new mould of the animal they are dressed up like they are not worth the price :wink:

Hmmm....I quite like that serie. Most of the minifigs have something I'm interested in (the grey dolphin, the violin, the hermit crab and message in a bottle, the singer's headgear...), and I really like the beekeeper (@LegoGuy03 made one too!) and that stunning Jaguar Warrior. :sweet: 

I’m glad everyone else is so happy but I really don’t like this series. I don’t think there’s been an unlicensed series I’ve enjoyed since series 18. :/ I agree with @Robert8 that the lack of four figures just makes all the bad figures look even worse. 

One thing I really can’t stand is that CMFs used to be a great way to get new hair recolours and this series reuses three colours of hairpieces that were previously in a CMF and one that’ll be in a set next year anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Agreed. Makes sense to have some ‘normal’ hairpieces in each CMF, but why no recolours or less common ones? Only win here is the paddleboarder’s hat / hair combo I think. 

Edited by williejm

11 hours ago, Wardancer said:

We should not have left the CMF 3 Elf and the Harry Potter Centaurs in the same room.

I am happy about the Centaur for the parts, but it does look like a weird mixture of parts. I cannot think of any Mythology with dressed female elf centaurs. 

I totally agree - I can imagine myself just replacing the torso and head with Series 15 satyr parts to make the figure more accurate. 

8 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

I’m glad everyone else is so happy but I really don’t like this series. I don’t think there’s been an unlicensed series I’ve enjoyed since series 18. :/ I agree with @Robert8 that the lack of four figures just makes all the bad figures look even worse. 

One thing I really can’t stand is that CMFs used to be a great way to get new hair recolours and this series reuses three colours of hairpieces that were previously in a CMF and one that’ll be in a set next year anyway. 

this and special prints were my main reason for getting CMF's. I rarely kept the figures as they were. But since a few series we get almost no interesting recolours and not even rare versions but super common ones.
Like last time this 80's musician guy with Luke's hairpiece: they could have done this in many colours. I dont understand this; 10 years ago we had like 15 hairpieces - now more like 300. But some hairpieces and other cool molds just disappear or take really long to get 1-2 recolours.

About prints: no dual molded arms this time and almost no arm printing. Not complaining; I'll save money :innocent2:

11 hours ago, Aurore said:

Hmmm....I quite like that serie. Most of the minifigs have something I'm interested in (the grey dolphin, the violin, the hermit crab and message in a bottle, the singer's headgear...), and I really like the beekeeper (@LegoGuy03 made one too!) and that stunning Jaguar Warrior. :sweet: 

Yeah, that Jaguar Warrior is outstanding. The last time we got a similar figure it was the Aztec Warrior. I think he is my #1 or #2 favorite fig from this series. #1 probably goes to the space policeman, probably because I like science fiction figs so much!

I could be wrong but I don’t think the violin will fit in the violin case from the S5 gangster.

also I wonder what they plan to to for the centaurs display stand will they fit her on one or two or just make a new piece.

It will be the violinist and the beekeeper for me. I think there is an interesting variety to reach many people (sci-fi, urban, costumes); for that regular CMF collection, since it happens only once a year, 16 MF would have been nice, but I’m OK with only 2 to buy, probably on EB (local Walmart don’t keep CMF anymore and not very inclined to feel the bags at local toy store for a while)

I read on IG that these are out on the streets already

I assume more pics will be uploaded at any moment now

By the way, whoever snatched that bag never posted the pic of the minfigure they got. Interesting...

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

By the way, whoever snatched that bag never posted the pic of the minfigure they got. Interesting...

I’ve been looking on eBay and haven’t seen any yet

since I’d assume that will be the first place online to get them 

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe they just got the sheet or took the picture packet in a factory.

Edited by MAB

The instruction side of the sheet leaked...the Beekeeper’s smoker is a normal minifig mug with a recolour of the action pose piece, and the castaway’s crab fellow uses a pin and holed-stud to clip a shell onto, rather than a single stud I thought it would be 

Even if the Beekeeper's smoker isn't a new piece, what they did instead was extremely clever and I never would have thought of doing it that way in a million years, so kudos to the designers.

I didn’t think the Space Police Officer had a gun but it turns out he does! That’s FOUR accessories! I’m even more hyped for Space Police now!