Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

51 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

Perhaps it is indeed a clue the designers are running out of ideas, as this series doesn't blow me away at all.

It has nothing to do with lack of ideas that we get 12, of that I am sure..

I would have preferred 16 as normal, but this is not a bad series :thumbup:
It has a new hermit crab mould something I never would have guessed, and printed ladybug and bees in addition to I think a new colour on the dolphin and the centaur :sweet:
The beekeeper in probably my favourite among the figs :classic:

39 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

My only disappointment is the female centaur, I would have much rather had a male one as it is more useful for all circumstances. 

You know that you can change the torso right :wink:

Looks like a decent series. I LOVE the Pug Costume girl; my family owns two pugs so this is a figure that I’m going to need multiples of.

The space police officer is cool; kinda reminds me of the Sable agents from Insomniac’s Spider-Man game. I like the castaway guy too; there are a few other cool ones but nothing outstanding.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Seems like it’s 

1. Paddle boarder girl with dolphin 

2. Violin Player 

3. Castaway with hermit crab

4. Ladybug Suit 

5. Dog Suit

6. female centaur 

7. Bee keeper 

8.Jaguar Warrior

9. Plane suit costume? 

10. Space police 

11. Alien Warrior 

12. singer 

1) a lot of parts. That’s cool. Nice doublemoulded legs as well. 

2) good to see the violin. Great reuse of the harry potter wands

3) for some reason i like this one very much. That hermit crab is the best. You can adjust his shell hopefully. Now that could be funny to play with. Seeing a modularbuilding on his back :-)

4) ladybug is just too sweet. I think she has the best bug costume of them all. Of course she doesn’t need dots on the front (as if a ladybug is doing a Linda Blaire), and i like the new elytra. 

5) the toy bone is cool. But this suit doesn’t do much for me. 

6) Wilhelmina Tell, the centaur. I don’t really like her torso. It doesn’t feel centaur for me. But i guess it would be weird if she had a bare chest. However, a centaur in the cmf series!! Hurrah!!

7) the walter white of the bees. He goes well with the minecraft bees i guess. 

8) the jaguar warrior looks great. I don’t need him, but he looks great

9) yeah, i get it. For playing chase games with the car. Here could have been an other colour power ranger

10) a bit too childish for my liking this space police guy. 

11) loving the alien miner. I would like to have multiple. 

12) carnaval singer. Does she have like a tail as well? I don’t know exactly why i want her, but i want her. 

To me the best things are the castaway, the alien. Then the centaur and the ladybug. 

Loving the Jaguar warrior and the centaur. Beekeeper is cool. Recoloured dolphin is nice, but for me it’s all about that hermit crab... ?. It looks like its shell is a round stud and one of those swirly cream pieces ... which I hope means it’s interchangeable for other parts.

Pics finally showed up on a particular instagram account I follow.

HOLY CRAP. OG Space Police! In OG Space Police colors!

A lot of these look pretty cool.

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

You know that you can change the torso right :wink:

Overruled! By this argument, you can't ever complain about any Lego set, ever. :wink:

15 minutes ago, williejm said:but for me it’s all about that hermit crab... ?. It looks like its shell is a round stud and one of those swirly cream pieces ... which I hope means it’s interchangeable for other parts.

Same. Best new piece for this cmf

I’m excited for about half of these. I saw the leaks on Twitter and replied asking if any word on if these meant looney tune rumors were fake or if looney tunes was pushing back to later in 2021. The answer I received was neither. Does this mean these leaked almost 6 months in advance or are we getting looney tunes and series 21 in January?

5 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I’m excited for about half of these. I saw the leaks on Twitter and replied asking if any word on if these meant looney tune rumors were fake or if looney tunes was pushing back to later in 2021. The answer I received was neither. Does this mean these leaked almost 6 months in advance or are we getting looney tunes and series 21 in January?

Looney tunes wasn’t ever the January cmf it’s the April/May one 

A bit underwhelming for me. The only for sure one is the violin boy, female centaur & dog costume. I do like most of the others, but not really in a hurry to get, especially at $5. Love the hermit crab, but a new hair/beard mold should’ve been added...it’s the Diver all over again. I do like the beekeeper too, nice assortment of new parts.  

While I enjoy the costumed minifgs, in a series of 12, 3 is a bit much. 

Edited by Vindicare

31 minutes ago, danth said:

Overruled! By this argument, you can't ever complain about any Lego set, ever. :wink:

I can definitely not make that promise :grin: My point is that with the centaur unlike other figs it is all about the body :tongue:

Just now, Roebuck said:

I can definitely not make that promise :grin: My point is that with the centaur unlike other figs it is all about the body :tongue:

Hold your ‘horses’! We haven’t seen the underside of the centaur part yet - it might be a new, anatomically-correct one!

I finally found the picture and they look pretty good 

hopefully the space police is foreshadowing a space police revival not sure why the gave him a face that doesn’t work with the rest of the figure 

jaguar warrior is like the S20 Viking unexpected but really good might be my favorite.

the plane and violin kids are cute but not very interesting for me

also I would like for the dolphin to be gray and not the blue.

and as I suspected the singer has a cloth piece.

and lastly the alien looks kinda like  he came from the famous cancelled LEGO theme “sea people “

My biggest complain here is -again- the price

There is no that castway is worth $5. Same with the violinist 

Some do look like 5$ like the Centaturess and the Jaguar Warrior, but some really don't

Also, the reduced number of characters is really hurting the series as a whole. They could easily make 4 characters without new molds to complete the series. EASILY

A very meh series to me. There's so many recycled concepts from earlier series, and if these old ideas also were also at the old price tag, I'd be more forgiving about it. But $5 a hit is a little too much for a what almost amounts to new variants of existing minifigures.

Still, the hermit crab and violin are great. And a recolor of the Centaur legs is welcomed, so it's not a complete waste. I sort of imagine they're probably pushing more resources towards the Universal Music series, hence the lackluster CMF series.

Seems to be the weakest numbered cmf until now for me...

My highlight are the Aztec warrior and the castaway.  The crab is probably the most adorable Lego animal I've ever seen. Bee keeper is cool with his accessory, too. The printed ladybug tile is cute. The violine is awesome.. Torso and Legs of the Centaur girl are nice to get... the rest I don't want for free :/

I am glad that there are only 12, if that is the new quality standard. Now I can stop collecting them all much easier. Would look stupid on display anyways to have 12 next to 16.

49 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Some do look like 5$ like the Centaturess and the Jaguar Warrior, but some really don't

Also, the reduced number of characters is really hurting the series as a whole. They could easily make 4 characters without new molds to complete the series. EASILY

Yes. $5 for a lot of reused hair pieces, especially super common ones like the violin kid, is ridiculous. If they’re going to charge this much, they all need to step it up in the parts department. Not necessarily new hair, but at least use rarer parts in these cases. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Absolutely agreed. I do wonder how many figures are being sold at the full $5, considering in the US Walmart and Amazon tend to discount these quite a bit. I doubt these are performing as well as they'd like at the chosen price point.

Lost interest in collecting each series and the last few years the numbers becoming “must haves” has been dropping significantly. Quality over quantity.

Its the same here except now down to 3...

1. The Beekeeper is a fantastic minifig and shows someone with imagination is still involved.

2. The Jaguar Warrior looks great too if a little similar to the Aztec Warrior from S7 (who he’ll join in the Jungle/Plane Crash diorama shelf).

3. And finally the Castaway and Hermit Crab, although I’m disappointed that they didn’t opt for a nougat recolour for the hair/beard given the sun exposure.

Aww, darn it. No figures with disabilies in this Series this time then....

At least Series 21 seems interesting (I haven’t seen the pics yet but i will eventually). 

3 costumed minifigures per series, huh? Dog, Ladybug and Plane Costumes sound cute to me. I don’t think it’s a bit much.... Series 18 (aka party-themed series) have LOt of costumes and the price was not increased that time, did it....? Plus, S20 does have 3 costumed figures.... Llama, Green Brick, and Peapod costumes. I think costumes/molds are unique to some minfigures so I don’t complain. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

It looks like the Ladybug Costume Girl has a neckwear wings/carapace mold. That would make thirteen new molds.

10 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

It looks like the Ladybug Costume Girl has a neckwear wings/carapace mold. That would make thirteen new molds.

I can only count 12 new pieces

Some nice new molds.  I really like the jaguar warrior and the centauress.  The hermit crab looks great hopefully it comes in a regular set so it has a chance to show up on bricks and pieces.  The violin is very nice too.  The headdress on the dancer could be useful for custom figs.  Hopefully things don't shut down and I can get my hands on some of these.