Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

He’s missing an eye though :pir-grin: Or maybe he’s just pretending, like many cartoon characters

Actually his bio implies he is wearing an eyepatch just for the pirate look

On 11/23/2020 at 11:36 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I 100% agree about easy access to figures. There are no figures with disabilities in CMF lines so far (i will not count pirate since with eyepatch and peg leg because it’s a pirate stereotype). 

Figure coming with wheelchair in CMF line is pretty great! Just BMX Biker comes with her bike. 

TLG designers, take note!

I think you mean visible disabilities. Many people have disabilities that are just not visible unlike those with a seeing eye dog, a cane or wheelchair.

18 minutes ago, MAB said:

I think you mean visible disabilities. Many people have disabilities that are just not visible unlike those with a seeing eye dog, a cane or wheelchair.

Yes I was talking about visible disabilities. And yes - there are several disabilies that are not visible to other people, such as autism, etc. 

56 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yes I was talking about visible disabilities. And yes - there are several disabilies that are not visible to other people, such as autism, etc. 

Even more reason to make sure that visible disabilities and differences ARE represented, as we know they’re the tip of the iceberg. Also - just so important to normalise. Like someone in a wheelchair playing sports, they don’t have to be just identified by their (dis)ability. 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

He’s missing an eye though :pir-grin: Or maybe he’s just pretending, like many cartoon characters

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Actually his bio implies he is wearing an eyepatch just for the pirate look

The eye patch was used to keep one eye conditioned for low light, so that they didn't have wait for their vision adjust when searching a boarded ship's hold.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Autism isn't disability, it's neurodivergence. Incidentally, I'd be willing to bet that folks with autism are overrepresented among AFOLs.

28 minutes ago, williejm said:

Even more reason to make sure that visible disabilities and differences ARE represented, as we know they’re the tip of the iceberg. Also - just so important to normalise. Like someone in a wheelchair playing sports, they don’t have to be just identified by their (dis)ability. 

Right on!

3 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Autism isn't disability, it's neurodivergence. Incidentally, I'd be willing to bet that folks with autism are overrepresented among AFOLs.

Oops, I sincerely apologize about this. Thank you for pointing out! 

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Scallywag Pirate isn't missing any limbs

yeah I realized I misspoke I meant to say pirate captain and space villain have missing limbs and the pirates are missing eyes.

15 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oops, I sincerely apologize about this. Thank you for pointing out! 

It's all good. The stereotypical case of a person with autism can appear to be mentally disabled*--little or no speech, sensitive to stimuli to the point of being easily overwhelmed, etc. And even so-called "high functioning" cases (like mine, hello!) often have trouble finding their niche in society due to their different way of thinking and operating within the world. Accommodation is certainly a concern for people with autism just as it is for people with disabilities. That said, autism is definitely an "invisible" condition and expresses itself in numerous ways and to various degrees, so you could headcanon literally any minifigure as having it.

* And in any case disability is often defined by context. Every human being is disabled compared to a healthy spider monkey.

With the 2021 modular revealed, it’s only a matter of time before CMF 21 gets officially revealed. How odd the lack of speculation this time around. 

On 11/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, gedren_y said:

The eye patch was used to keep one eye conditioned for low light, so that they didn't have wait for their vision adjust when searching a boarded ship's hold.

Mythbusters examined that in 2007 and found it plausible, but there are no historical documents supporting it. 

6 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

With the 2021 modular revealed, it’s only a matter of time before CMF 21 gets officially revealed. How odd the lack of speculation this time around. 

Cyber Monday is unlikely.

So, I'm guessing neext Tuesday 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Cyber Monday is unlikely.

So, I'm guessing neext Tuesday 

I’d guess December 31st. 

:sarcasm_smug: Hahaha

Edited by 1Panda

Seems like it’s 

1. Paddle boarder girl with dolphin 

2. Violin Player 

3. Castaway with hermit crab

4. Ladybug Suit 

5. Dog Suit

6. female centaur 

7. Bee keeper 

8.Jaguar Warrior

9. Plane suit costume? 

10. Space police 

11. Alien Warrior 

12. singer 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Seems like it’s 

1. Paddle boarder girl with dolphin 

2. Violin Player 

3. Castaway with hermit crab

4. Ladybug Suit 

5. Dog Suit

6. female centaur 

7. Bee keeper 

8.Jaguar Warrior

9. no idea on this one 

10. Space police 

11. Alien Warrior 

12. singer 

#9 is a little girl wearing a plane costume

She has a plane as a hip accesory like the S18 race car dude

#11 is Space crook

I can’t find the picture for some reason so I’ll save my judgments for then but the centaur, jaguar, alien and space cop are very intriguing. The plane suit sounds boring 

also does every fig have new parts?

3 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

I can’t find the picture for some reason so I’ll save my judgments for then but the centaur, jaguar, alien and space cop are very intriguing. The plane suit sounds boring 

also does every fig have new parts?

No. I think there are 12 new molds I think. Centauress and surfer girl dont have any.

Beekeeper has 2 new molds. So does the Jaguar Warrior 

So it would be 1 new mold per character

Edited by Robert8

I'm feeling spoiled. Yesterday the newest modular building and now the collectible minifigures that are revealed, the 2 LEGO highlights I'm looking forward to each year!

Only having 12 characters felt odd at first glance, I was searching more of them untill I remembered the reduction. Perhaps it is indeed a clue the designers are running out of ideas, as this series doesn't blow me away at all.

I like the stand up paddle boarder and I consider the castaway the star of this series!

Three costumes is starting to be frustrating now especially with only 12 minifigures... that’s a quarter of all the figs. 

but otherwise, the rest of the bunch looks great. I’ve been waiting for a proper beekeeper for years. My only disappointment is the female centaur, I would have much rather had a male one as it is more useful for all circumstances.