Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

On 11/5/2020 at 11:10 PM, Robert8 said:

Yeah, and Cleopatra. But they never revisited this subtheme after TLM series. Hope to Einstein, da Vinci or Marie Antoinette

Oh I forgot about Cleopatra aka The Egyptian Queen. 

Speaking of da Vinci.... there is an Italian Renaissance artist named Michelangelo appearing in the Lego Movie film but he never came in physical form in any sets. It was a big bummer! I would like to see some well-known historical figures showing up in CMF.  

Do you think Dorothy Gale and her companions are counted as “historical” figures? They only appeared in the Lego Movie Series 2. And they are definitley part of movie history. I would count da Vinci and Michelangelo as historical figures within art history. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

It appears that the first S21 minifig has leaked, namely a carneval dancer :thumbup:

Yesss. I was just wondering tho if there could be a chance that it is related to the new universal music theme... if they make a theme where instead of known artists, we get different music/performer genres. Initial guess is also cmf21 but then I saw the mic. Anyways either way I love the new head/hat piece. 

The headpiece is quite nice but the minifigure feels incomplete? I thought carneval dancers were more colorful. 

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It seems I was misremembering

I thought the rat costume actually came in this set

Woah never saw that, that is a bit misleading. But you can get the rat head on bricks and pieces.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It appears that the first S21 minifig has leaked, namely a carneval dancer :thumbup:

Pretty decent if it is from Series 21, as I wouldn't think it'd be likely that she'd instead appear in a City set, so it's a worthwhile archetype as a CMF... :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

Is it though?

The figure looks interesting but not sure what is she supposed to be

Samba dancer?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Pretty decent if it is from Series 21, as I wouldn't think it'd be likely that she'd instead appear in a City set, so it's a worthwhile archetype as a CMF... :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

Agreed. Almost any non-city character is a win.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is it though?

Samba dancer?

I think Lego-Freak nailed it. It's a (VERY toned-down) Carnival dancer.

Edited by K_Tiger

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is it though?

Samba dancer?

That’s what I was thinking. Maybe the pic is missing and cloth skirt and/or poncho? 

Hmm very odd indeed. I dont get why they went for a fully clothed figure

Something like this would have been ok I think

Samba Purple & Black Leotard & Feather Dance Costume mardi gras, samba,  carnival, brazilian costume [SGP8H] - $705.00 : Latin dance wear, ballroom  dance shoes, latin dance skirts & Salsa dresses.

I mean, look at the Hula Girl from Series 3

Hula Dancer | Brickipedia | FandomHula Dancer – minifigs.blog

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

She looks more like a Vegas Showgirl.

Yeah that looks like what she is.  I like the head dress.  The face print looks good too.  

Wow... If the roumors are true that we get now just 12 figures per series in paper boxes and we still get such bland and boring figures (assuming that there aren´t parts missing that would improve the look of this figure at a massive scale) with only 1 new mould that abuses the cmf moulding budged to save money at other themes, this will make me boycott the product cmfs completely even if there is a good figure down the line (coming from someone who owns Series 1-20 completely).

The only element missing might be a cloth piece, cause those are made at a different factory

And even so, its unlikely. The S20 Piñata Party Boy had its poncho when leaked

If you swap the arms this could work as a old sci-if space figure. 

as for the figure it self I like it enough to buy 2 one for collection one for custom as said above.

what I do not like about this is that we got 4 figures like it two years ago so I can see why some people would not be interested in this.

since I didn’t get those other 4 I don’t mind as much.

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The only element missing might be a cloth piece, cause those are made at a different factory

And even so, its unlikely. The S20 Piñata Party Boy had its poncho when leaked

I don’t remember the poncho from the leak.

On 11/7/2020 at 1:18 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do you think Dorothy Gale and her companions are counted as “historical” figures? They only appeared in the Lego Movie Series 2. And they are definitley part of movie history. 

No, they are fictional movie characters like Darth Vader and Batman.

When the piñata boy was leaked he didn’t have the poncho and everyone was talking about how he had a plain white torso. But this figure has torso printing so she may only have a skirt cloth 

1 hour ago, MAB said:

No, they are fictional movie characters like Darth Vader and Batman.

Yup, that’s what I think so too. These fictional characters were way older than Batman and Darth Vader. 

1 hour ago, ToaIruini said:

When the piñata boy was leaked he didn’t have the poncho and everyone was talking about how he had a plain white torso. But this figure has torso printing so she may only have a skirt cloth 

Yeah you are right - I remember that plain white torso part!

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yup, that’s what I think so too. These fictional characters were way older than Batman and Darth Vader. 

It depends which Batman version you compare with. The Wizard of Oz characters are based on the movie, so 1939. The oldest LEGO Batman character is the "first appearance" one from the CMF, based on the comic, also from 1939.

There's an interesting leak over on the usual place showing a 'Three Little Pigs' book. I wonder if either that book or this CMF series could include a 'little pig' minifig using the Pigsy head mould from Monkie Kid?

16 minutes ago, Mattah12 said:

There's an interesting leak over on the usual place showing a 'Three Little Pigs' book. I wonder if either that book or this CMF series could include a 'little pig' minifig using the Pigsy head mould from Monkie Kid?

Or maybe “storyteller” figure? But i think little pug with pg mask and book would be great.

Thanks for the news! :classic:

The Showgirl looks amazing - I really like the colors in the top and pants and even more the style of the new headgear! :wub:

Btw: A Pineapple Suit Guy leaked in the usual place. Imo he looks boring and it's hard to detect that this shall be a pineapple. Either a cheese piece custome guy with this piece or a pineapple suit guy but  with a custome of the complete pineapple would have been much more appealing. :sceptic:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

25 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Btw: A Pineapple Suit Guy leaked in the usual place. Imo he looks boring and it's hard to detect that this shall be a pineapple. Either a cheese piece custome guy with this piece or a pineapple suit guy but  with a custome of the complete pineapple would have been much more appealing. :sceptic:

That's a custom

Cant believe we know pretty much nothing about this series. 

Its mid november. The reveal should be in.... aprox 2 weeks? 

If the actual release date is Jan 1st that is...

You’d think if someone was able to get a whole figure from the series they would at Least get the collection sheet with all of them.