Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

This new development gives me hope that Series 21 will have indeed the regular 16 characters

Thanks to @Itaria No Shintaku for the confirmation

Edited by Robert8

On 9/26/2020 at 4:49 AM, Robert8 said:

This new development gives me hope that Series 21 will have indeed the regular 16 characters

Thanks to @Itaria No Shintaku for the confirmation

Wait does it mean Series 21 will be released in late spring/early summer? Not the September release for third series, right? I sure hoe it has 16 minifigures too!

EDiT: Never mind I got it now. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

According to the italian catalog.

JAN - SERIES 21 - GREEN BOX - 36 bags per box.

Of course they can change the delivery with Looney Tunes for whatever reason, I'd still expect in 10 15 days that figures start leaking, either series.

Ah?

Well this is so confusing 

I assume by green, you mean something like Series 11, right? 

Thanks for the info as usual

47 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Ah?

Well this is so confusing 

I assume by green, you mean something like Series 11, right? 

Thanks for the info as usual

I don't think I may be banned or censored for this, so this is the color.

image.png.cae6afb2e40af814471f9112023a1b78.png

Picture that it's from a scanned page, so it may be darker or lighter.

With only 36 bags per box, uneven distribution will be very polarizing unless they do it even this time 

36 bags per box pretty much confirms the series will have 12 characters

Hmmm 

Thanks for the news! :classic:

It's great to hear that there'll be only twelve minifigures in the future and that there'll be three complete waves in one box - so the chance that you can get the minifigures you want are much bigger and don't need that much money any longer.

Plus I welcome it that the next regular series will be already in January.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thanks for the news! :classic:

It's great to hear that there'll be only twelve minifigures in the future and that there'll be three complete waves in one box - so the chance that you can get the minifigures you want are much bigger and don't need that much money any longer.

Plus I welcome it that the next regular series will be already in January.

Do we know for sure it will 3 complete sets? 12 figures in the series makes it work out nicely but they always put a few that are 2nor 4 per box like in past series. 

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Actually...

Hehe, well, fair, but I meant for CMFs... The Friends polybags seem to have been so long ago that it is weird to me that they keep avoiding purple in CMF bags whilst endlessly recycling yellow and green.

11 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I don't think I may be banned or censored for this, so this is the color.

image.png.cae6afb2e40af814471f9112023a1b78.png

Picture that it's from a scanned page, so it may be darker or lighter.

I like this color, but we had green two series ago so I was expecting something like red. 
and yes I know that this green is different enough from series 19.

9 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Do we know for sure it will 3 complete sets? 12 figures in the series makes it work out nicely but they always put a few that are 2nor 4 per box like in past series. 

Smart point, +1

7 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Hehe, well, fair, but I meant for CMFs... The Friends polybags seem to have been so long ago that it is weird to me that they keep avoiding purple in CMF bags whilst endlessly recycling yellow and green.

My point: pink is perceived (and we both agree it's wrong, wronger and wrongest) as a girlish color.
LEGO alas is a company, their goal is to make money while trying to change the world, not changing the world while trying to make money.

I'd like purple bags, but if a R&D guy would tell me : "There is a risk that 20% stupid parents wouldn't buy those for gender stereotypes" and I'd lose some thousand dollars for just one color, sorry, but I have to bend over those stupid rules. 

After all, that thousand dollars they make more may be invested in informing campaigns against gender stereotypes and everybody win.

12 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

It isn't confirmed that every series will be 12 figs per series though, is it? Just this one.

As for the chances of getting the minifigures you want are higher - this is only true if all figures are of equal desire to everybody. As soon as one figure is more popular and you can tell which figure is which, then the chances of getting that figure drop.

The box leaked over IG

It is tiny... and confirms 12 minfigures for Series 21 :wacko:

It reminds me of the smaller boxes they made for Series 11

LEGO Series 11 Minifigures (Box of 30) Set 6029273 | Brick Owl - LEGO  Marketplace

Edited by Robert8

I don't get it. The box says series 21 but isn't Looney Tunes meant to be the January release now?

Presumably it is just a pic for a retail catalogue too, as there are no characters on the box. So either just a placeholder or a change in the way they market them, not showing what characters might be inside.

Edited by MAB

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I don't get it. The box says series 21 but isn't Looney Tunes meant to be the January release now?

Presumably it is just a pic for a retail catalogue too, as there are no characters on the box. So either just a placeholder or a change in the way they market them, not showing what characters might be inside.

Don’t believe everything you hear when it comes to release dates.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

I thought it was supposed for Looney Tunes to be released in Jan too. This is confusing me. 

If S21 is really going to be released in Jan, there should be some leaks within months. 

I was actually expecting Looney Tunes to be later in the year, coinciding with the Space Jam 2 release.

With series 20 being a two milestone series (making it a good place to end an era) and now they are changing the number of figs in this series does anyone else think the possibility of a “soft reboot” will happen? 

I’m not completely sold on this idea just throwing it out there.

Also can’t wait for the first figure leak.

Edited by 1Panda

3 hours ago, 1Panda said:

With series 20 being a two milestone series (making it a good place to end an era) and now they are changing the number of figs in this series does anyone else think the possibility of a “soft reboot” will happen? 

I’m not completely sold on this idea just throwing it out there.

Also can’t wait for the first figure leak.

I can’t imagine a ‘reboot’ happening as the series really never stopped, just slowed down. Down the line when they officially stop making cmfs, they could always come back or rerelease classic figures. 

My truth, you have yours.

$5 / 4€ per bag is the limit.

If they cannot rise the price, they can however decrease the new molds (hence the costs).

12 figs per series = smaller investment, same earnings.

That why I think as well, which worries me. 

They cant raise the price any higher. And they are not willing to keep the cost of making 16 figures.

At this rate, we might be reaching the end of the regular CMFs series soon because what are they going to do next? They cant go any lower than 12 figures, right? It would be ridiculous to have waves of 8 minifigures

But I dont how the CMFs are becoming more and more expensive for them to produce?