Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 21. Rumors and discussion

71029 Collectable Minfigures Series 21

No hay ninguna descripción de la foto disponible.No hay ninguna descripción de la foto disponible.La imagen puede contener: texto que dice "3 POLICE"

Edited by Robert8

Has it definitely been confirmed that the non-licensed S21 is only going to be 12 figures? I can understand a small run of a specific license but not the regular series. Bad move from LEGO if it is.

I have mixed feelings that there are going to be 12 figures...

First, I think my wallet won't hurt as much :laugh:

But also, it means that TLG is running out of ideas.

I can only assume they've reached the breaking point price-wise

They can't rise the price anymore. So, they will only produce 12 characters to keep the cost down

Also, with the new price getting the 16 characters was too expensive to children

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Let's be honest, there are usually a few filler figures in most series. If those are the ones that don't get made, I don't mind.

I think it makes more sense for the new price... $80 a series is a bit much.

Same here... I do mind if they're taking away all the cool ones though...

6 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

But also, it means that TLG is running out of ideas.

Robert8 has proven that there is plenty of ideas left to explore.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They can't rise the price anymore. So, they will only produce 12 characters to keep the cost down

Also, with the new price getting the 16 characters was too expensive to children

I've certainly reached mine. $5 is pretty absurd.

16 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Let's be honest, there are usually a few filler figures in most series. If those are the ones that don't get made, I don't mind.

I do, if the ones that won't get made are the ones with new parts that are expensive for them to make.

What would have been filler from series 20?

I would have left out: breakdancer, martial arts boy, pirate girl and super warrior.

15 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

And in 2012 they were $3. I understand about inflation but it should be $3.5... not $5

4 hours ago, MAB said:

I do, if the ones that won't get made are the ones with new parts that are expensive for them to make.

I would have left out: breakdancer, martial arts boy, pirate girl and super warrior.

That's understandable for you if that is something you value in each series. Also, I agree with most of your filler figs for S20, although I felt the kid with the drone was lackluster, because he was more about the drone than the figure. That is because I value mostly the figure and not the accessories as much.

In any case, we might not all agree as to which figures are filler, but hopefully the ones that won't get made will be those that would be considered filler by most.

8 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

That's understandable for you if that is something you value in each series. Also, I agree with most of your filler figs for S20, although I felt the kid with the drone was lackluster, because he was more about the drone than the figure. That is because I value mostly the figure and not the accessories as much.

In any case, we might not all agree as to which figures are filler, but hopefully the ones that won't get made will be those that would be considered filler by most.

I believe most of us can agree that we want new figures instead of recycled ones.

$5 will be a new rice for CMF series 21. It’s pretty expensive for 12-figure series. Do you really think we would get new figures with new molds, instead of recycling accessories? Or at least updating figures with new printing/molds, etc. 

On 9/16/2020 at 1:41 PM, BrickHat said:

I think it makes more sense for the new price... $80 a series is a bit much.

As others have said...the worry is if the wanted minifigs get scrapped instead. With the last few series’ I’ve been getting about half of them, so that leaves a lot of spots. Then they cut four minifigs, that’s potentially a lot less to buy. 

On 9/16/2020 at 6:11 PM, K_Tiger said:

Robert8 has proven that there is plenty of ideas left to explore.

I think that depends on the minifig, which is of course subjective. Like the Dog Sitter was a good deal, getting two dogs. And the Mountain Biker. But largely I agree, $5 is a lot for one minifig. Especially when compared to the BaM towers. I can buy three minifgs for $10, including animals & some great exclusive prints.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, Robert8 said:

The price is the only thing that makes sense to me, it is definitely not lack of ideas.
However if it is price and they go down this route, next it will be 10, then 8 etc.. How low can they go before it will affect sales, maybe they are testing the waters..

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

As others have said...the worry is if the wanted minifigs get scrapped instead. With the last few series’ I’ve been getting about half of them, so that leaves a lot of spots. Then they cut four minifigs, that’s potentially a lot less to buy. 

I think that depends on the minifig, which is of course subjective. Like the Dog Sitter was a good deal, getting two dogs. And the Mountain Biker. But largely I agree, $5 is a lot for one minifig. Especially when compared to the BaM towers. I can buy three minifgs for $10, including animals & some great exclusive prints.

I agree, I would much rather have 8 figs that all comes with animals, then 16 where only one has it. However who knows what they will remove, best case only the "worst" figs, worst case only the "best" or something in between. Or they can add more to each bag and increase the price, like the Dog Sitter I am willing to pay more for than say the Fire Fighter.

18 hours ago, MAB said:

I would have left out: pirate girl

I love the pirates theme so I am happy that we finally get a decent pirate fig in the CMF. However while her hat/heir piece is great only a sword as an accessory:pir-murder: A parrot should have been minimum, a monkey would have been better so it could have been in the Barracuda Bay set also. If Lego wanted to rise the price they could have added both and a treasure chest. It is not like any of them are new parts so should not cost them much to include right :pir-sceptic:

For me.... Dron Guy, Rocket Girl, Karate Guy and Peapod Girl are the ones I can live without from Series 20. 

29 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The price is the only thing that makes sense to me, it is definitely not lack of ideas.
However if it is price and they go down this route, next it will be 10, then 8 etc.. How low can they go before it will affect sales, maybe they are testing the waters..

I agree, I would much rather have 8 figs that all comes with animals, then 16 where only one has it. However who knows what they will remove, best case only the "worst" figs, worst case only the "best" or something in between. Or they can add more to each bag and increase the price, like the Dog Sitter I am willing to pay more for than say the Fire Fighter.

I love the pirates theme so I am happy that we finally get a decent pirate fig in the CMF. However while her hat/heir piece is great only a sword as an accessory:pir-murder: A parrot should have been minimum, a monkey would have been better so it could have been in the Barracuda Bay set also. If Lego wanted to rise the price they could have added both and a treasure chest. It is not like any of them are new parts so should not cost them much to include right :pir-sceptic:

It would have been neat to get a new accessory for the pirate, a trans clear neck attachment with a stud to one side that would allow a parrot to sit on her shoulder.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

For me.... Dron Guy, Rocket Girl, Karate Guy and Peapod Girl are the ones I can live without from Series 20. 

Drone guy, for me, stands out as one of the most boring figures in the last few series.

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Well, of course, that worries me too. However, if I am Lego, and I know I have to choose 12 figures for a series, I am going to choose the 12 that have the greatest potential to sell. And one would hope that aligns with quality, although admittedly Lego's choices do not always make sense to us...

The thing is... unfortunaly the regular series are being used now to introduce pieces or even prints for other themes

Like the Corn Cob Suit was later reused in a City set for the City Mayor

So, I wouldnt be surprised if the Peapod costume was introduced in Series 20 because there will be a Peapod President or something in an upcoming City set. That's why some minifigures feel so dull. They just the needed the mold. 

Under that mindset, I would expect a top hat+hair combo piece in either series 21 or 22 (if it happens) because the anniversary of Batman Returns is coming soon and I assume there will be a Penguin minifigure and they need that mold. 

Maybe a Magician Girl or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The thing is... unfortunaly the regular series are being used now to introduce pieces or even prints for other themes

Like the Corn Cob Suit was later reused in a City set for the City Mayor

So, I wouldnt be surprised if the Peapod costume was introduced in Series 20 because there will be a Peapod President or something in an upcoming City set. That's why some minifigures feel so dull. They just the needed the mold. 

Under that mindset, I would expect a top hat+hair combo piece in either series 21 or 22 (if it happens) because the anniversary of Batman Returns is coming soon and I assume there will be a Penguin minifigure and they need that mold. 

Maybe a Magician Girl or something like that.

I wish they could get rid of the reused figures and put only new ones. That would justify $5 a fig...

21 hours ago, BrickHat said:

although I felt the kid with the drone was lackluster, because he was more about the drone than the figure. That is because I value mostly the figure and not the accessories as much.

12 hours ago, jonwil said:

I actually liked the martial arts figure in S20, the nunchucks in particular are cool.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I love the pirates theme so I am happy that we finally get a decent pirate fig in the CMF. However while her hat/heir piece is great only a sword as an accessory:pir-murder: A parrot should have been minimum, a monkey would have been better so it could have been in the Barracuda Bay set also.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

11 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Drone guy, for me, stands out as one of the most boring figures in the last few series.

The reason I asked about filler is because in a fairly general series, people's favourites are highly subjective and what is filler to one person is a great figure to another. 

The Drone guy came up a few times, yet I really like him - maybe as I like to fly a drone with my kid. Plus there is a call-back to a past LEGO theme so a nice little Easter Egg there, and a decent accessory.

It is also funny to see the Drone guy labelled as all about the accessory - what about the diver. We have had loads of people in wetsuits before, surely she is all about the turtle and not the figure. I find the breakdancer boring. She has a torso from the Monkie Kid theme and the radio accessory has been done many times before. The cap/hair is new but looks somewhat similar to the cap/hair combos of Hidden Side. But then, no doubt a girl into breakdancing would love that one.  

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

This is my worry, it really just means less choice of new parts/figures. I typically like maybe 3-4 per series enough to buy them these days. I no longer bother collecting them all. I rarely army build either since the army builders go for crazy prices. If they cut the size of the series all that means is my 3-4 will probably be 2-3 instead. In the heyday we were getting 48 unlicensed CMFs per year. It looks like soon that will be 12.

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I hope they are 12 figures with a decent appeal.
Since I usually care for 1 or 2, max 3 in the series, I think I'll drop to 1, max 2 :(

Perhaps the good ones won't be gone...

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I just don’t see the appeal of the Fire Fighter. I guess it’s the hat/hair combo...but the subject matter is horrible. We get plenty of fire fighter every few years in City. Sure, we could get a Dog Sitter in City. Could. We are guaranteed to get fire fighters. 

5 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Well, of course, that worries me too. However, if I am Lego, and I know I have to choose 12 figures for a series, I am going to choose the 12 that have the greatest potential to sell. And one would hope that aligns with quality, although admittedly Lego's choices do not always make sense to us...

I’m not even a huge fan of drones, but I still bought him for the accessory because it’s something out of the box, from a City standpoint. Some decisions made by the company certainly baffle us, but even we differ greatly on greatest potential...so even that would be hard to gauge. 

5 hours ago, MAB said:

The reason I asked about filler is because in a fairly general series, people's favourites are highly subjective and what is filler to one person is a great figure to another. 

The Drone guy came up a few times, yet I really like him - maybe as I like to fly a drone with my kid. Plus there is a call-back to a past LEGO theme so a nice little Easter Egg there, and a decent accessory.

It is also funny to see the Drone guy labelled as all about the accessory - what about the diver. We have had loads of people in wetsuits before, surely she is all about the turtle and not the figure. I find the breakdancer boring. She has a torso from the Monkie Kid theme and the radio accessory has been done many times before. The cap/hair is new but looks somewhat similar to the cap/hair combos of Hidden Side. But then, no doubt a girl into breakdancing would love that one.  

This is my worry, it really just means less choice of new parts/figures. I typically like maybe 3-4 per series enough to buy them these days. I no longer bother collecting them all. I rarely army build either since the army builders go for crazy prices. If they cut the size of the series all that means is my 3-4 will probably be 2-3 instead. In the heyday we were getting 48 unlicensed CMFs per year. It looks like soon that will be 12.

This goes with what I said above, the subjective nature of this theme. I like the Drone Guy...but if Walmart didn’t sell them at $3.84, I wouldn’t have bought him...or quite a few others that I did. The Diver, I’m with you. It’s just another generic minifig in a wetsuit...but with a fantastic accessory. But not worth $5 to me.