Sign in to follow this  
Jan_the_Creator

Viking Village Collaboration

50345985792_8bae38ae48_z.jpg

I'm glad to present you the newest project by Zbudujmy.to LUG, the Viking Village! 
8 members and friends of our Polish community teamed up for a huge early medieval display in the far north, where the Vikings rule unquestionably! Our model had its premiere on Hobby Fair in Poznań on 5th and 6th of september. Yes, we still have conventions here, even during the worldwide pandemic. ;)

The whole collab stands on 7x8 standard 32x32 baseplates. We want to expand this project next year, as more builders enter with their parts. This is definitely a long-term project. ;)
Big thanks to JaskiertheBard, because he was the one to start the project and he's built a huge chunk of it baseplates of it, including basically everything on the left side. I've just built a tiny 2x2 slice with the pathway uptop the cliff. :P

Please excuse my terrible editing skills, but I guess it looks fine for a photo that was primarily taken on a convention last week with a light striking into the camera lens. It was tough, but I guess it looks quite nice. :)

More closeup pics:
50348097296_d1707b075c.jpg
50348254157_c187cbe08e.jpg
50316970111_a560cb80cb.jpg
50326563651_3812c833ae.jpg
50347408263_49ab435abc.jpg
50348101051_90d6420497.jpg
50348096351_c93b0f589a.jpg
50347403543_397d8fc02c.jpg
50348103881_fd5afe2e30.jpg[

Here's a whole Flickr album with even more pics.

Thanks for viewing!
~Jan, the Creator

Edited by Jan_the_Creator

Wow!  This is a wonderful collaboration!  I love how there are details throughout the whole MOC.  And good job on getting a uniform look from all the builders; it is very cohesive.  

I was waiting for this topic since @BardDandelion's teaser thread the other week. The snow piled up on the rocks is lovely but I also really like the thatched roofs and the stone walls that are detailed but not too busy. Thanks for sharing; I'm happy to see the follow-up.

You guys did a great job with this build. It has a wonderful viking/ cold north feel to it.

when it was being built did everyone come together to work on it? Or was it built individually then put together? Curious to the logistics, were you working off a set of plans?

Anyways, looks amazing!

Wonderful build.  I really like the way the village looks as a whole.  Everything blends well together.  I like how you have incorporated all elements of viking life,  like people fishing, the guy cutting up the goat, the children playing.  Nice diversity with all the buildings.  The main hall looks very nice.  I like the snow all over the build.  The trees look great and the rock work flows well throughout the build.  Great job with the whole build.