Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

Mortal Wombat!

Have you ever wondered, how the people in the fields spend their days? Just like the ones, in the city. They work hard, and after that, they gather up to spend their time with their friends or families. Sometimes they gamble, but not with cards and dices. They leave them to the man of the city. 

Sometimes the fields are infested with a medium-sized rodent, Wombats. They eat almost every kind of vegetables, causing big troubles to the local farmers. If they manage to capture at least two, the fun begins there. The males could be very aggressive if another male enters their territory. The fight is fierce between these two little animals, some farmers claim: If you never saw two wombats fighting to the death, you don't know what bloodshed is. During the fight, te viewers can place bets, which one will win, and stay alive. The price of the winner is a quick and clean death, from the judge's cudgel. This seems cruel to most folks, but, after all... they are vermins. 

They gave many names to this amusement. The two most common are Mortal Wombat and Wombat Combat.

50345371121_c9de3cc228.jpg

Spoiler

50344677623_0a5c35a573.jpg

Common Field Wombat (Wombatus Agerus). A medium-sized rodent eats plants and smaller insects. Avalonian farmers have long struggled to drive them away from their lands. Males are particularly aggressive when their territory needs to be protected against other males. Many Avalonians take advantage of this and make to fight each other for amusement.

Edited by kahir88

lol, Mortal Wombat!  Hilarious!  Very nice build!  You have a great use of the dark tan and olive colors, and the makeshift fence for the fight ring looks great.  I especially like the mini with the coonskin cap holding up gold coins.  You have a real knack for posing minis so you show exactly what they are doing without even having to describe it!  I'm kind of surprised how much the niffler looks like a wombat, but they're not very far off.  Great job with the new animal!

Nice work on the build!

1 hour ago, Grover said:

I'm kind of surprised how much the niffler looks like a wombat, but they're not very far off. 

As an Aussie, I feel obligated to point out that the niffler looks more like a platypus and less like a wombat.

2 hours ago, Kristel said:

Nice work on the build!

As an Aussie, I feel obligated to point out that the niffler looks more like a platypus and less like a wombat.

I agree.  This is a great little scene.  Nice story to go with it.  This is quite funny and reminds me of several, fantasy and sci-fi scenes in books and movies.  

But they're so cute... how can they be pests? :grin:  Clever play on words with the title!  Fun bit of lore and good job on the figure posing.

11 hours ago, Kristel said:

s an Aussie, I feel obligated to point out that the niffler looks more like a platypus and less like a wombat.

Indeed, they are totally different, I mostly used them as moles. But I needed wombats, to more likely refer to the title of the build. It's a fantasy world, and the wombats here are these smalls, maybe, in wilder places of this world, there are bigger ones, who knows? ;)

On 9/15/2020 at 3:05 PM, Kristel said:

Ha!  Good point.  Platypuses (platypi?) are weird critters, and the niffler definitely looks like one. 

My goodness, writing this with a smile on my face :roflmao:, this is one of the joyful mocs seen recently, thanks for sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
Thanks Kahir now I have the song in my head. :laugh:

So great! That's a nice story, and definitely a clever name for the game... :laugh:
Excellent choice of minifig expressions too!