MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

On 1/13/2021 at 11:37 PM, Brickroll said:

I think it was a meme campaign inside a meme campaign. People spammed Bob in addition to MandR’s campaign. 

Lets hope hes not included. 

On 1/14/2021 at 3:20 AM, Brickroll said:

I doubt it would go over well with gunship voters if they did the Nebulon B so much larger than the gunship, considering they would both be display scale.

Dont think lego would care about that at all. Most people who would buy the gunship would already have done so by the time any NB would come out

On 1/14/2021 at 8:40 AM, hondohnaka said:

For everyone saying “it’s a wishlist, it’s too good to be true”, Ryan has seen the images, allegedly, which means there’s a catalog kicking around somewhere, which means this is probably at least 90% accurate.  

Its not too good to be true, people simply have too low expectations. If the released a wave with 5-6 mbs/ Ucs then one could say that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

 

IMO Slave I wouldn't be coming out now if it weren't iconic on its own. It's not a product that's trying to ride a wave; the wave is just the icing on the cake.

TLG is re-releasing scaled down iconic ships (e.g. X-Wing, Tie, Imperial Shuttle) to target a different segment. Maybe think about it like this: TLG wouldn't release a UCS Falcon and include the Solo movie minifigures. Rather, they're trying to cast as wide a net as possible with UCS sets as well as this line of affordable, iconic ships.

<snip>

It's supposed to be a budget-price OT centerpiece set. Those figures would make it an expensive complimentary Mandalorian set.

It makes sense for us to get the updated armor now, but it makes cents for Lego to give us the updated armor later. After all, TLG would rather consumers make two purchases than have two waves of consumers making 1 purchase.

BTW I really liked the theory posted a while back about a mifigure(s) missing, like with the X-Wing. That's the one thing that seems off to me and I think more than a few people would change tunes if we see Lando, Leia, or Ice Cream guy hahah.

I agree with all of this; the upcoming Slave 1 is a continuation of the scaled down line of ships rather than a tie-in with new SW media. This could quite easily be a model that's been on the cards since before Mando S2 came out. It would be great if TLG continued the Dodonna trend and added a rare Cloud City figure in with the Slave 1. I wonder how many people are buying the new X-Wing primarily for Dodonna (and Leia) who wouldn't get it otherwise. BTW sense/cents :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was planning on getting the tatooine set for beskar mando but have decided to wait for the light cruiser if it turns out to be true. I’m expecting it to be a somewhat better purchase for what it costs. The tatooine set doesn’t seem worth $30 to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 1:31 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Luckily it's been confirmed by reliable sources that there are more mando sets coming.

Can't wait for Moff Gideon and the Dark Troopers. Also can't wait to have all of the Bad Batch in one set, assuming that was what you were referring to earlier.

 

While I am not thrilled with the decision, I kind of get why Lego is making a Slave I. The last Slave I came out before the Mandalorian became wildly popular, and the new one seems to be in the same style of the X-Wing and Tie-Fighter (i.e. less expensive than previous versions with more simplified features). Even if Lego has their sets ready a year in advance, who knows how COVID messed up/influenced the 2021 lineup. I would imagine it will sell better than expected because there are new kids that missed out on the old Slave I aging into Lego and given the uptick in Lego purchasers, many of them would want a version of Slave I. At the same time I can't imagine it will sell well, because of the rumours of everything else lined up for Summer 2021. We'll have to just wait and see.

Edited by Garmetrowolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a new slave 1 set allow for a new older Boba fett minifg ? be a good way/reason  to have one created .

Edited by Master Jedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Can't wait for Moff Gideon and the Dark Troopers. Also can't wait to have all of the Bad Batch in one set, assuming that was what you were referring to earlier.

 

While I am not thrilled with the decision, I kind of get why Lego is making a Slave I. The last Slave I came out before the Mandalorian became wildly popular, and the new one seems to be in the same style of the X-Wing and Tie-Fighter (i.e. less expensive than previous versions with more simplified features). Even if Lego has their sets ready a year in advance, who knows how COVID messed up/influenced the 2021 lineup. I would imagine it will sell better than expected because there are new kids that missed out on the old Slave I aging into Lego and given the uptick in Lego purchasers, many of them would want a version of Slave I. At the same time I can't imagine it will sell well, because of the rumours of everything else lined up for Summer 2021. We'll have to just wait and see.

I believe the four main bad batch members are in the shuttle, I don't know if Echo is.

Also remember this new slave one costs 40% of the 2019 one's price, and kids aren't exactly flowing with cash, so that bodes well for sales.

7 hours ago, Master Jedi said:

Would a new slave 1 set allow for a new older Boba fett minifg ? be a good way/reason  to have one created .

This one is supposed to be based off episode 5. Most likely we'll be waiting until 2022 for the boba fett version from the MCU (Mando Cinematic Universe :laugh:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I believe the four main bad batch members are in the shuttle, I don't know if Echo is.

Echo did appear on the rumoured figure list. I would assume he would be anyway given the shuttle is (again, presumably) meant to tie in more with the Bad Batch show itself than TCW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also remember this new slave one costs 40% of the 2019 one's price, and kids aren't exactly flowing with cash, so that bodes well for sales.

Sure some kids don't have cash, but their parents (who are stuck with them at home with them and are going crazy) do. Like any corporation, Lego has tons of people working on the business and marketing of this set and I'm sure they've spent much more time and energy thinking it through than any of us have.

Edited by Garmetrowolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Echo did appear on the rumoured figure list. I would assume he would be anyway given the shuttle is (again, presumably) meant to tie in more with the Bad Batch show itself than TCW.

The figure list is kind of spotty (at least the one I saw) what with bo-katan being somewhere in the wave but not attributed to a specific set, the arquitens having unknown figures, or the slave one only having boba and han akin to the x-wing supposedly only having luke and r2 when the list first leaked. I'm not saying he's not there, and you're right, logically he should be, I'm just saying that I don't know for sure if he is included.

4 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Sure some kids don't have cash, but their parents (who are stuck with them at home with them and are going crazy) do. Like any corporation, Lego has tons of people working on the business and marketing of this set and I'm sure they've spent much more time and energy thinking it through than any of us have.

I mean, most parents aren't going to shell out $120 lightly, especially with cheaper options available. What I'm saying is that having an option at such a radically cheaper price point means that the sales should go up, since kids just want a slave one and a boba fett and $50 is a lot more affordable than $120 no matter who's buying it. Yeah, I'm sure lego's spent more time and energy on this than any of us, I was just responding to when you said

15 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

At the same time I can't imagine it will sell well

by trying to provide a rationale for why lego would make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The figure list is kind of spotty (at least the one I saw) what with bo-katan being somewhere in the wave but not attributed to a specific set, the arquitens having unknown figures, or the slave one only having boba and han akin to the x-wing supposedly only having luke and r2 when the list first leaked. I'm not saying he's not there, and you're right, logically he should be, I'm just saying that I don't know for sure if he is included.

The figure list was quite clear. Bo Katan is in the Mandalorian fighter set and the Arquitens has Mando, Cara, Fennec, Gideon and an unknown figure (possibly a Dark Trooper).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The figure list was quite clear. Bo Katan is in the Mandalorian fighter set and the Arquitens has Mando, Cara, Fennec, Gideon and an unknown figure (possibly a Dark Trooper).

I have seen some ambiguity on it to be fair - I've seen a lot of lists saying the Arquitens is Mando, Gideon, Bo and a pair of Dark Troopers, unless they were red herrings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I have seen some ambiguity on it to be fair - I've seen a lot of lists saying the Arquitens is Mando, Gideon, Bo and a pair of Dark Troopers, unless they were red herrings.

I think those lists were wrong - supposedly MandR has seen actual set pictures, and he has confirmed it's Mando, Cara, Fennec, Gideon, Grogu and one unknown figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jcn said:

I think those lists were wrong - supposedly MandR has seen actual set pictures, and he has confirmed it's Mando, Cara, Fennec, Gideon, Grogu and one unknown figure.

The unknown figure doesn’t make a ton of sense unless the figures aren’t final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

The unknown figure doesn’t make a ton of sense unless the figures aren’t final. 

Or the photos he saw were too blurry to identify it, or it was a photo of a catalog page that wasn’t completely visible, or something like that. It doesn’t mean the figures that’ve been reported are in doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The figure list was quite clear. Bo Katan is in the Mandalorian fighter set and the Arquitens has Mando, Cara, Fennec, Gideon and an unknown figure (possibly a Dark Trooper).

Huh. One I saw said it was Mando, Gideon, Bo-Katan, Grogu, and a pair of Dark Trooper droids, like the one @TeddytheSpoon mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Huh. One I saw said it was Mando, Gideon, Bo-Katan, Grogu, and a pair of Dark Trooper droids, like the one @TeddytheSpoon mentioned.

I saw that one too, but MandR’s video clarifies that Bo-Katan is in the Mandalorian Fighter while Mando, Grogu, Cara Dune, Fennec Shand, Moff Gideon, and an unknown figure are in the Arquitens. The original one must have been mistaken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, most parents aren't going to shell out $120 lightly, especially with cheaper options available. What I'm saying is that having an option at such a radically cheaper price point means that the sales should go up, since kids just want a slave one and a boba fett and $50 is a lot more affordable than $120 no matter who's buying it. Yeah, I'm sure lego's spent more time and energy on this than any of us, I was just responding to when you said

 

Ok, that's what I was saying too. It's so hard to tell if people are being sarcastic or not when reading comments sometimes. We're totally on the same page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if  this wave is as good as it seems like it is, we might have best SW wave in along time.

Edited by benderisgreat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Wow, if LEGO is actually going to make sets on Disney + shows, it’s amazing news. However, I hope LEGO acputs some effort in these sets, and make detailed minifigs with appropriate face prints and not give Bucky Starlords face again.

I mean since Chris Pratt has his own face print now I guess Bucky can keep it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So rumour on the street is that we have another $30 dollar set. Is this going to be another lego clone legion elite troopers thing or is that unknown. I could imagine a 212th one with an airborne trooper and 3 212th clones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean since Chris Pratt has his own face print now I guess Bucky can keep it.

He did get his very own faceprint in the 2018 Bricktober set though, I‘d rather they reuse that one :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

He did get his very own faceprint in the 2018 Bricktober set though, I‘d rather they reuse that one :shrug_oh_well:

Huh, totally forgot about this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

So rumour on the street is that we have another $30 dollar set. Is this going to be another lego clone legion elite troopers thing or is that unknown. I could imagine a 212th one with an airborne trooper and 3 212th clones. 

It should be the logical option since the 501st sold so well. But on the other hand, a 212th clones set would compete against the 501st so that might be a problem for LEGO. They might not do another clone set but one with Imperial forces to go along with the Arquitens cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheJames183 said:

It should be the logical option since the 501st sold so well. But on the other hand, a 212th clones set would compete against the 501st so that might be a problem for LEGO. They might not do another clone set but one with Imperial forces to go along with the Arquitens cruiser.

I agree, I STILL haven't been able to find a 501st battle pack so I imagine lego would want to milk that set for as long as possible before replacing it with something else. I hope we get something to fill out some of the gaps in the Mando wave, just one dark trooper in a whole wave doesn't seem like very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TheJames183 said:

It should be the logical option since the 501st sold so well. But on the other hand, a 212th clones set would compete against the 501st so that might be a problem for LEGO. They might not do another clone set but one with Imperial forces to go along with the Arquitens cruiser.

Yeah I hadn't thought of that though haven't we had an Imperial troop battle pack recently with the 2020 or was it 2019 remake? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.