MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

With two stickers on the grille and the unavoidable gap in between them Vader looks like he's trying to smile in an awkward family photo:grin:. This is a situation where a sticker across multiple pieces would be warranted.

6 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

With two stickers on the grille and the unavoidable gap in between them Vader looks like he's trying to smile in an awkward family photo:grin:. This is a situation where a sticker across multiple pieces would be warranted.

(looks around nervously) or mayhaps a custom printed piece...(hides from the Lego heresy police)

17 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Never thought I'd see the day when we yearned to bring back STAMPs

4 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

(looks around nervously) or mayhaps a custom printed piece...(hides from the Lego heresy police)

They did it for the stormtrooper and tie pilot helmets though

8 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

They did it for the stormtrooper and tie pilot helmets though

Oh I didn't know that but cool! Tbh it was just a joke about how reluctant Lego can be to do new cosmetic pieces. 

25 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Oh I didn't know that but cool! Tbh it was just a joke about how reluctant Lego can be to do new cosmetic pieces. 

I just bought the UCS x-wing so I definitely get the joke! Most ridiculous stickers ever. I guess the Vader helmet would require 2 specific prints though for only 1 set rather than 1 print for 2 sets. 

Someone got the Blue Milk Luke poly and has shown of the figs alternate face. Still a useless waste of a promo poly imo.

10 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

As an owner of the original Sopwith camel, please, no. Might be the worst STAMP they ever did. the only other one of note in my collection is the orange tank from Exo-Force.

After seeing the moc-up of what to stickers would look like, you king of see why either choice has its flaws. if they went for the double sticker approach we'd all be here complaining about Vader's toothy grin.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

As an owner of the original Sopwith camel, please, no. Might be the worst STAMP they ever did. the only other one of note in my collection is the orange tank from Exo-Force.

After seeing the moc-up of what to stickers would look like, you king of see why either choice has its flaws. if they went for the double sticker approach we'd all be here complaining about Vader's toothy grin.

What sticker are you referring to on the Camel? 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Someone got the Blue Milk Luke poly and has shown of the figs alternate face. Still a useless waste of a promo poly imo.

Yep. This could have been the perfect place to slip in a Jedi Bob or someone more obscure, but no!

2 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yep. This could have been the perfect place to slip in a Jedi Bob or someone more obscure, but no!

I like (good) memes as much as the next guy, but the idea of things happening just for the sake of a meme rubs me the wrong way :tongue: Jedi Bob would be a useless minifig, just like ‚Rebel Friend‘. It‘s almost as annoying as people wanting Waluigi as a DLC character in Smash :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I like (good) memes as much as the next guy, but the idea of things happening just for the sake of a meme rubs me the wrong way :tongue: Jedi Bob would be a useless minifig, just like ‚Rebel Friend‘. It‘s almost as annoying as people wanting Waluigi as a DLC character in Smash :tongue:

For sure, I get the frustration with the influence of memes, etc., but I don't think Jedi Bob would be "useless" as you say. Fans are clamoring for him and it might heighten interest in the game (not that it needs that!). So why not use this as an easy opportunity to release him? I guess it's not so much about his actual significance as a character, but more how much fans want him and TLG's opportunity to meet demand. Either way, still agree that they could have done better than "blue-milk Luke".

3 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

For sure, I get the frustration with the influence of memes, etc., but I don't think Jedi Bob would be "useless" as you say. Fans are clamoring for him and it might heighten interest in the game (not that it needs that!). So why not use this as an easy opportunity to release him? I guess it's not so much about his actual significance as a character, but more how much fans want him and TLG's opportunity to meet demand. Either way, still agree that they could have done better than "blue-milk Luke".

I'm not sure they were clamouring for Jedi Bob until the Gunship vote happened, in fairness.

Blue Milk Luke in isolation isn't the most interesting character they could've done (although personally I like it), but remember that this was supposed to be released at the same time as the Holiday Special, which is where he's from. If not for that special we might well have got a rebel friend, though it would probably be a main character variant to attract the 'casual' (for lack of a better word) fan.

As a whole, the helmet sets are very nice.

Scout Trooper looks very accurate and the shapes has been captured very well. Darth Vader less so, but it is understandable since the shape is a lot more complex. Imperial Probe Droid may have looked better if it followed the same style but it looks good as is.

Overall, this wave is a huge improvement compared to the last wave. The value isn't as good but that will not stop me from getting the sets.

39 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I'm not sure they were clamouring for Jedi Bob until the Gunship vote happened, in fairness.

Blue Milk Luke in isolation isn't the most interesting character they could've done (although personally I like it), but remember that this was supposed to be released at the same time as the Holiday Special, which is where he's from. If not for that special we might well have got a rebel friend, though it would probably be a main character variant to attract the 'casual' (for lack of a better word) fan.

True, although I guess I thought the hype surrounding him during the Gunship vote implied there was already a lot of interest prior to that. Good point with the holiday special connection; it's been so long since we thought it would be released, it feels like ages ago.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah it's easily the worst preorder minifig for a LEGO game imho, even worse than sweaty, sand-covered Finn. I am hopeful we'll finally get a release date for the Skywalker Saga tomorrow at the Future Games Show since WB now only has 2 games coming out this year and they have a panel at the show. 

I just watched Jang's review of the Porsche 911 and I immediately thought of the new Slave I coming out this fall when I saw these pieces. I would not at all be surprised if we see these in dark red as part of the build. They're cool pieces and I hope we see them in a variety of colors in the future but they seem too perfect for Slave I.

Wedge 10 x 2 x 2 Left

Wedge 10 x 2 x 2 Right

I think Rebel Friend had some validity for being a promo minifigure considering he was exclusive to the older Lego SW games compared to someone like Jedi Bob. The Luke minifigure is disappointing but its not going to sway me from purchasing the game considering its a bonus. 

20 minutes ago, Gontron said:

I think Rebel Friend had some validity for being a promo minifigure considering he was exclusive to the older Lego SW games compared to someone like Jedi Bob. The Luke minifigure is disappointing but its not going to sway me from purchasing the game considering its a bonus. 

I still say it should have been Jedi Master Luke Skywalker that we saw as the force projection in TLJ. I don't know when the next time we'll have a chance of getting a figure of how Luke appeared in his prime. Maybe a $20 dual set based on that scene if they keep making them but it's probably unlikely.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

We got steve, didn't we? Wa!

Jedi bob and lego friend wouldn't be "useless minifigs". They aren't canon, sure, but neither is 03 ventress, or blue milk luke. And they have lots of sentimental value to people who grew up with them. I'd pay more for an official rebel friend minifigure than any other lego minifigure.

1 hour ago, Gontron said:

I've been saying this for YEARS! The best promo for a lego star wars game would be rebel friend and a minkit, maybe with a crate of studs.

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I just watched Jang's review of the Porsche 911 and I immediately thought of the new Slave I coming out this fall when I saw these pieces. I would not at all be surprised if we see these in dark red as part of the build. They're cool pieces and I hope we see them in a variety of colors in the future but they seem too perfect for Slave I.

Wedge 10 x 2 x 2 Left

Wedge 10 x 2 x 2 Right

Thought the exact same thing here. Looks like a great way to bring the price of the base area of the ship down.

9 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

The 2001 Camel had stickers covering the whole tail, and the circular target patterns on the body made it so you couldn't dismantle the majority of it. Somewhere along the line TLG made it "illegal" for designs to have these kinds of stickers.

53 minutes ago, Archer said:

The 2001 Camel had stickers covering the whole tail, and the circular target patterns on the body made it so you couldn't dismantle the majority of it. Somewhere along the line TLG made it "illegal" for designs to have these kinds of stickers.

I thought you were talking about the new one for some reason. I just looked at pics of the old one, that is terrible. 

Observant viewers may spot a little something extra in LEGO's video for the Probe Droid... around the 27 second mark?

Why on earth are the prices for the Vader and Scout Trooper helmets the same as each other in Australia yet different in other markets? Also, once again, no preorder for Aussies :damn:

5 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Observant viewers may spot a little something extra in LEGO's video for the Probe Droid... around the 27 second mark?

Which video are you referring to? I don't seem to find anything Lego posted.