MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

New leak from Promobricks, possible third helmet found. Proceed with caution as image was captured with a potato. It appears to be a Rebel helmet if it is in fact real. 

Edited by hondohnaka

10 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

New leak from Promobricks, possible third helmet found. Proceed with caution as image was captured with a potato. It appears to be a Rebel helmet if it is in fact real. 

That is just a picture from the today realised Designer Video of the Space Shuttle. The helmet is seen in the background. I don‘t think this will be a set in 2021.

Yeah, I don't think this helmet is getting released this year. It just looks way too big next to the Space Shuttle and Bonsai Tree sets compared to the previous helmets. Also, there is no plaque in front of it. But it may suggest they have been thinking about releasing one in the future. The helmet series indeed seems successful. 

to me the helmet in question looks almost (if not) 1:1. I agree, most likely not a product, but maybe this shows us what's going on in designers minds with 18+ line right now?

...or maybe it's just one of the cool side builds designers have and I'm looking too much into this :classic:

is Cara Dune gonna be removed from the upcoming Gideon's Light Cruiser set or is that just speculation on IG

13 minutes ago, josh_a_123 said:

is Cara Dune gonna be removed from the upcoming Gideon's Light Cruiser set or is that just speculation on IG

I would take it as pure assumption and not solid fact until something solid comes along. It'd be daft of them to simply delete a character purely because of an actress. Someone else can play that character if they decided to go that way, which would make irrelevant any 'removal' of the actors character. The minifig represents the character, not the actor. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

Yeah, I wouldn't read into the helmet thing, there's been examples in the past of Spongebob stuff in the background  of a video which people interpreted as a clue, but nothing ever came of it.  I'm guessing this is just a sketch model or something.  It's also way too big to be in scale with the other helmets.  We may eventually get one but I don't think this is the set or that this means we're getting one this year.

Plus, this was a staged video as opposed to a video shot in the middle of their workshop, I'm sure they staged those models in the background on purpose and I don't think they'd be allowed to leak the helmet in this case, and that certainly wouldn't happen on accident.

Besides, if they ever considered to release a rebel pilot helmet, wouldn't Luke's helmet be the more obvious choice? I can't even tell who this one belongs to, dark red ones aren't all that common :laugh:

Edit: Looks like a user on stonewars named Eric solved the mystery; it's a random helmet after all. He spotted it in the VW Beetle designer video right at the beginning of the video: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Vader and Scout Trooper helmet photos have leaked in the usual place. The Scout Trooper looks pretty good. Vader is ok, but the neck looks kind of funky. Imperial Probe Droid has some more photos too and looks great.

Edited by mirkwoodspiders

Scout Trooper looks good but Vader helmet looks pretty bad. It looks like it's missing a sticker in the mouth part on the bottom tile but every picture looks like that. 

Probe Droid looks really good. I like the Hoth stand. 

Wow I'm really impressed by how great the Probe Droid looks! I've always liked that droid so I might get it, we'll see. Kinda disappointed it doesn't include a minifig-scale Probe Droid but it would admittedly take more than a few pieces and there hasn't been many made, certainly not enough for there to be a solid standard build for it. The Vader and Scout trooper helmets are much more impressive than I expected, very well done and excellent shaping.

The proportions for Vader look a little off - the grille around the mouth area should have been extended to cover all that triangle section and perhaps the eye covers could be slightly larger, but it's mostly the grille that makes the face look small compared to the overall helmet size. Scout trooper looking good and I'm really liking the Probe Droid, might have to pick that one up.

Vader looks so happy!

And the scout trooper looks a tad too sad... :(

Edited by Terrasher

1 hour ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Scout Trooper looks good but Vader helmet looks pretty bad. It looks like it's missing a sticker in the mouth part on the bottom tile but every picture looks like that. 

Probe Droid looks really good. I like the Hoth stand. 

Not sure why, but the Vadar looks to me like he's sort of smiling and seems just happy go lucky, as if he's smiling to get a picture taken. Not the Vadar I know. :grin:

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Vader and Scout Trooper helmet photos have leaked in the usual place. The Scout Trooper looks pretty good. Vader is ok, but the neck looks kind of funky. Imperial Probe Droid has some more photos too and looks great.

Yeah, something feels off with that vader helmet, though I can't put my finger on it.

Loooooove the scout helmet, definitely going to be a buy. The vader one has...something off, but overall looks pretty good. The probe droid is a solid build, not a fan of the droid/animal/yoda statue series but it looks good.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, something feels off with that vader helmet, though I can't put my finger on it.

It's the cheekbones, I think. They're supposed to be angled up and outwards and on the model that line is vertical. It throws off the whole face.

Scout trooper helmet looks incredible while vader looks super off,i cant pinpoint what it is. Probe droids looks very good,snow base and snow on plaque look fantastic,love the designers creativity. Not gonna buy any of them cause i vote with my wallet against original trilogy,but impressed how good scout trooper helmet actually is. 

The probe droid stand and plaque are super cool and I hope that they continue to include similar details in future droid statues, assuming we continue to get those.

I love the Scout Trooper helmet, always liked that design and love the model, and if the price I saw at $50 is correct (a lot of "leakers" under the legoleaks tabs like to spew hot garbage from time to time or have no idea what they're talking about, so I'm not sure), I'm definitely tempted, but I may just not have room in my collection at this point.

10 hours ago, josh_a_123 said:

Hasbro is apparently releasing a new Cara Dune action figure later this year, so I doubt the actress' excommunication is going to have any impact on products already in the production pipeline.

I like the new Scout Trooper helmet. Darth Vader I'd need a better look at. Probe droid looks ok but is not something I need in my life.

Edited by TeufelHund

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

The probe droid stand and plaque are super cool and I hope that they continue to include similar details in future droid statues, assuming we continue to get those.

I'd even say to put similar things on UCS models. Perhaps not a whole stand, but some vegetation, techy bits or dust for the appropriate location would be a nice touch.

Vader definitely looks a bit weird, like he's doing cute eyes or something. To be honest I've never seen a brick-built version that doesn't compromise somewhere, so it's a valiant attempt. It's unfortunate that it's being compared with IMO the best helmet and set of the year so far in the Scout Trooper, which has knocked it out of the park.

Probe Droid also looks great. This is the first of the droid sets I'm seriously considering getting.

The scout trooper looks great, I have to agree with Vader why isn’t there another sticker to make the grilles on the mouth taller.

probe droid on its snow stand looks great but I don’t collect these

so are we only getting 2 helmets this year or do we think there’s a third to be revealed?

All 3 sets look superb IMO, will try to get them all at some point, hopefully day 1 for the probe droid. Scout Trooper is probably the best set of it’s kind so far, Marvel and Batman included. I don’t think it’s visor flips upwards though which is a shame but isn’t entirely necessary.

I know what’s wrong with Vader, the areas right underneath his eyes is rounded and there’s barely an attempt to capture the angles. He’s still recognisable but certainly something is off.

Edited by Brikkyy13

7 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

he areas right underneath his eyes is rounded

combined with the "eyebrows", being the tyre pieces above the eyes, and the grille on the mouth being too short, he sort of looks like he is about to burst into tears or something, considering it is a depiction of probably the most well-known movie villain, or even character ever I would have thought that extra effort would have been taken to ensure it was just right.

That Vader helmet looks much like the original one-piece LEGO minifig Vader helmet. Very similar expression.