MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Yes, Promobricks confirmed the AT-AT. I believe the Death Star rumor was just based on speculation from the piece count.

Edited by avengers777

5 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Is there any news or rumors of an upcoming convention exclusive? Be curious what they will do now they know SDCC is virtual in 2021. 

(I didn't know that it's virtual again, that's disappointing). What happened last time seemed to be a "hey, we can't distribute this at the convention now, let's at least let some people get it", so I feel like they'll either have a distribution plan this time, say a giveaway or raffle, or they won't have made anything at all.

2 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Hi everyone! I've been monitoring this forum topic and a few others for a couple of months now and was inspired by @Stefanisimo to join the forum as an active user. I am super exited by all the adult/collector oriented set rumours and, of course, by star wars set rumours  (UCS AT-AT rumour being one of the most exciting Lego-related things for me in quite a while). Just wanted to say hi, looking forward to learning more about the future star wars sets - summer wave rumour sounds really nice so far

Hello, and welcome to the forum! I agree, the summer wave sounds really great so far.

2 hours ago, avengers777 said:

Yes, Promobricks confirmed the AT-AT. I believe the Death Star rumor was just based on speculation from the piece count.

No, the Death Star “rumor” was a classic case of an instagram troll fooling gullible people.

Seems odd to me that they'd do a UCS ATAT when a playset version is still available - although I guess that's happened before with the Falcon and probably the X-wing and possibly others.

6 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Hi everyone! I've been monitoring this forum topic and a few others for a couple of months now and was inspired by @Stefanisimo to join the forum as an active user. I am super exited by all the adult/collector oriented set rumours and, of course, by star wars set rumours  (UCS AT-AT rumour being one of the most exciting Lego-related things for me in quite a while). Just wanted to say hi, looking forward to learning more about the future star wars sets - summer wave rumour sounds really nice so far

Hello there and welcome neighbor! I must say I'm flattered to see I myself have inspired someone to join this wonderful community, that's just amazing. The summer rumors indeed sound nice, I'm sure it'll be a blast discovering what Lego has in store for us, but the wait sure is excruciating :tongue:

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

No, the Death Star “rumor” was a classic case of an instagram troll fooling gullible people.

That's not true. Solid Brix Studios started the rumor based on the piece count. The Promobricks' article confirmed how that rumor started.

Edited by avengers777

7 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

That's not true. Solid Brix Studios started the rumor based on the piece count. The Promobricks' article confirmed how that rumor started.

Keep in mind that the piece count was initially reported to be ~11,000. Reasonable or not, that's what the Death Star rumor was based on, and it's easy to see why somebody would think a DS was the only possibility at that size.

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

Seems odd to me that they'd do a UCS ATAT when a playset version is still available - although I guess that's happened before with the Falcon and probably the X-wing and possibly others.

They have done it often. The falcon is a good example, but the y-wing, snowspeeder, B-wing, x-wing, AT-ST and likely some others that I'm not remembering all had system sets and UCS sets within a year or two of each other.

I think it makes sense, as they are meant for different markets. Children and people who either don't want to or can't afford to spend $800 on a lego set get the cheaper at-at (not that $160 is cheap), and people who want a massive display model get the UCS one.

13 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Was it a rumor or just speculation, i. e. "this is rumored to have 11,000 pieces and since it's that size, maybe it's a death star"? Genuinely asking, as I saw it from instagram but this guy definitely could have done it first.

1 hour ago, avengers777 said:

I thought it originated with the Instagram account yakface claiming the set would be 11,000 pieces? Either way, never was 11,000 piece Death Star in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I thought it originated with the Instagram account yakface claiming the set would be 11,000 pieces? Either way, never was 11,000 piece Death Star in the first place. 

I believe Yakface reported the price and that was it. I just wanted to provide evidence for the claim that I made. I completely agree that it's pointless to discuss this further since we know what the set actually is :grin:

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes the AT-AT has been confirmed, current info including a list of piececounts and prices can be found in the news thread.

Ah okay thanks. The scout trooper helmet will look really interesting with the angular filter and visor, should be fun to build! 

Landino’s story was talking about how LSW 2021-2022 are gonna be really great. So does that indicate leakers are starting to see 2022 info already? Because that’s pretty crazy actually.

And, if it’s as good as he says... hype :moar:

2 hours ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Landino’s story was talking about how LSW 2021-2022 are gonna be really great. So does that indicate leakers are starting to see 2022 info already? Because that’s pretty crazy actually.

What did he say?

How does it scale now with minifigs ?

Mf is 34meters scaled to 84cm

I see this one is given 28,8 meters..

4 hours ago, FeepoGerbin said:

I am assuming it means Jan 1 2022 when the winter wave is released. Essentially he means the remaining part of 2021 will be strong. 

The more news I get of the UCS Gunship, the more I think that they should have made a UCS Nebulon B and a system scale Gunship. The Gunship is a great design on its own, but filling it up with clones and jedi is the other part of the equation. The Nebulon B could have the same number mini figs as the UCS Falcon and it would be perfect. Leia, Bathrobe Luke, R2, C3PO, the medical droid and Smuggler Lando.

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, Lfm55 said:

How does it scale now with minifigs ?

Mf is 34meters scaled to 84cm

I see this one is given 28,8 meters..

That's the length of the LAAT/c dropship. The regular one is 17.4 meters long. If they use cockpit pieces with a length of 10 studs, the length of the model including cannons should be close to 70 cm. Quite a bit larger than minifigure scale. At Millennum Falcon scale it would only be 42 cm.

2 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

That's the length of the LAAT/c dropship. The regular one is 17.4 meters long. If they use cockpit pieces with a length of 10 studs, the length of the model including cannons should be close to 70 cm. Quite a bit larger than minifigure scale. At Millennum Falcon scale it would only be 42 cm.

Thanks, didn’t noticed it wasn’t the same ship!

I certainly won’t be buying it, i tend to stick to minifig scale ( and i’m not that much into PS)

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

The more news I get of the UCS Gunship, the more I think that they should have made a UCS Nebulon B and a system scale Gunship. The Gunship is a great design on its own, but filling it up with clones and jedi is the other part of the equation. The Nebulon B could have the same number mini figs as the UCS Falcon and it would be perfect. Leia, Bathrobe Luke, R2, C3PO, the medical droid and Smuggler Lando.

I have a feeling we'll be getting a UCS Nebulon B at some point. Maybe not, but I doubt they'd have included them as options in the vote if they didn't think they could design and sell them at some point. I voted Gunship, but it was a hard choice between Gunship and Frigate. Honestly, any of the three options would have been great, and I hope we end up getting all three eventually.

I’m sorta conflicted on this set. It’s kinda expensive and it’s not gonna be minifig scale but it’s also going to be really big and detailed and I think it’ll be an awesome display piece. The figs are the most disappointing part tbh. Guess I’ll just have to wait to see what it looks like.