MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, SuperSith said:

The Star Wars YouTube channel has a weekly show called “This Week in Star Wars” that announces upcoming merch and other content

I’m well aware of the YouTube videos, gotta know where to find them if you want to downvote them. We could see a reveal of the shuttle soon, we saw first pictures of the Razor Crest around this time last year even though it was a September release. 

There’s no $130US set but there is a $30US store exclusive that we don’t know the contents of, right? 

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m well aware of the YouTube videos, gotta know where to find them if you want to downvote them. We could see a reveal of the shuttle soon, we saw first pictures of the Razor Crest around this time last year even though it was a September release. 

There’s no $130US set but there is a $30US store exclusive that we don’t know the contents of, right? 

Yes there is a $30 Target set. My guess is Obi-Wan’s starfighter but as others have pointed out that isn’t likely granted that Anakin’s is still on shelves. 

45 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Yes there is a $30 Target set. My guess is Obi-Wan’s starfighter but as others have pointed out that isn’t likely granted that Anakin’s is still on shelves. 

Thought so. Interested to see what it is. Obi Wan’s starfighter would be good to see again for those who missed it last time but it’s probably just going to be another Snowspeeder :ugh:

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

Thought so. Interested to see what it is. Obi Wan’s starfighter would be good to see again for those who missed it last time but it’s probably just going to be another Snowspeeder :ugh:

Or it could be Cobb Vanth's speeder or better yet, a battle on Tython set with Boba Fett. You never know. I probably wouldn't think much of it until we know more.

16 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Or it could be Cobb Vanth's speeder or better yet, a battle on Tython set with Boba Fett. You never know. I probably wouldn't think much of it until we know more.

(insert “but Lego never has good ideas” joke here) 

I don’t see Tython as a set. It’s not a very visually interesting place and there isn’t much opportunity for play features, ya sort of just have the little altar thing Grogu’s on and that’s it. Cobb’s speeder with a micro scale krayt dragon to go with ToT tho…that would be brilliant. 

9 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

(insert “but Lego never has good ideas” joke here) 

I don’t see Tython as a set. It’s not a very visually interesting place and there isn’t much opportunity for play features, ya sort of just have the little altar thing Grogu’s on and that’s it. Cobb’s speeder with a micro scale krayt dragon to go with ToT tho…that would be brilliant. 

Honestly if it was a $40 set I'd say they could easily do the Imperial dropship, Boba Fett and a couple Stormtroopers for a Tython set. At $30 I think it's certainly less likely unless they make a really small dropship or make the shrine with Grogu instead as the build. As far as features, how about Boba Fett to wreck some Stormtroopers, do we really need any other features? :tongue: I don't think they'd make a tiny Krayt dragon but they could include a Massif, we've never gotten one in LEGO before.

Edited by ToaDraco

28 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Honestly if it was a $40 set I'd say they could easily do the Imperial dropship, Boba Fett and a couple Stormtroopers for a Tython set. At $30 I think it's certainly less likely unless they make a really small dropship or make the shrine with Grogu instead as the build. As far as features, how about Boba Fett to wreck some Stormtroopers, do we really need any other features? :tongue:

If that hypothetical set doesn't include a new mold for shattered Stormtrooper helmets we riot :devil_laugh:

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If that hypothetical set doesn't include a new mold for shattered Stormtrooper helmets we riot :devil_laugh:

Hahaha I think the best we could hope for would be a printed crack over the helmet but I seriously doubt LEGO would go that violent :laugh: besides, I'd rather they put the budget toward printing for Boba Fett. This is all speculative though, I hope the $30 Target exclusive is remotely as good as what I've suggested but we just don't know. 

Edited by ToaDraco

I just recently added the new topics, so I'm going to use this as a training opportunity.

On 2/25/2021 at 4:07 PM, MAVERICK26 said:

I agree

But it's still legal to dream, no? And they have to do it at some point.

I think that with the rumored Vault set, the Kom'rk Class Fighter, and the Trouble on Tatooine set, it's pretty likely. They'd probably have to replace the rumored Cara Dune with a Dark Trooper, Koska Reeves, or Luke.

You can dream, yes. But please do it in the appropriate thread.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:35 PM, hondohnaka said:

...dare I hope for Rex...I know it's almost definitely not based off S7 but hey a guy can dream...it would probably be Grand Moff Tarkin honestly he seems to have a decently sized role in the show. 

You can hope, but please do it in the appropriate thread.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, T21Typhoon said:

While it would be really cool to get either Rex or Cody with the Havoc Marauder (Cody is the one they reported to in Season 7 of TCW after all), I can see an extra minifigure being one of the Elite Squad Troopers from The Bad Batch show. It’d make sense to include someone for the Bad Batch to fight, but I suppose the inclusion of a sixth figure is conjecture at this point anyway.

This is in the gray zone. By your own admission it's conjecture. And it's mostly a wishlist. Probably belongs here instead. Thought you could probably also throw it here.

10 hours ago, Brickroll said:

So do we think that there is a 130$ set coming out this year we don’t know about? I would guess that it would be an At Te, as the last two gunships have been released with one in the same wave, although a lot had changed since then, and we have no large OT system sets confirmed.

And that's how false rumors start. A wished for set slot and a wishlist set to fill it. All pulled from thin air. That kind of comment certainly belongs here.

32 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

And that's how false rumors start. A wished for set slot and a wishlist set to fill it. All pulled from thin air. That kind of comment certainly belongs here.

I’m sorry about that, @MKJoshA, I suppose that was a bit of a pathetic reach on my part. 

Edited by Brickroll

Does anyone know when the magazine with Palpatine is supposed to release in U.K. and Ireland? One site lists March 17th but it already seems to be out in Germany. 

10 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Does anyone know when the magazine with Palpatine is supposed to release in U.K. and Ireland? One site lists March 17th but it already seems to be out in Germany. 

March 17.

Source

Edited by Brickadeer

With the new Slave 1 coming out this year, with the rumoured minifigs somewhat lacking in the having anything new area, what are the odds we get an updated Han in carbonite piece? 

1 hour ago, mknzflyn said:

With the new Slave 1 coming out this year, with the rumoured minifigs somewhat lacking in the having anything new area, what are the odds we get an updated Han in carbonite piece? 

Whether or not that'll be the case has already be determined, so the odds are either 0 or 1.

1 hour ago, mknzflyn said:

I do not understand why people keep asking for this, it's utterly unnecessary. The one we have is perfectly accurate, rewatch that scene or do a google image search, When Han goes into carbonite, it dosen't preserve his perfect perm,  it smashes his hair down and looks just like the old Han hair piece. 

3 hours ago, mknzflyn said:

What are the rumored mini figs?

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I do not understand why people keep asking for this, it's utterly unnecessary. The one we have is perfectly accurate, rewatch that scene or do a google image search, When Han goes into carbonite, it dosen't preserve his perfect perm,  it smashes his hair down and looks just like the old Han hair piece. 

Exactly this. I don't understand why people would want a new mold specifically for the hair piece update. The only upgrade I could see is making it a 2 piece thing, where you could close off the underside so Han isn't visible and possibly include some anti-studs so you could pose it like it's levitating. 

29 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Just Boba Fett and Han Solo

Ah, that’s what I would have expected. 

23 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

I think Germany gets it (the magazine) a month before the UK. It was the same with the Bespin Luke figure I believe.

So I saw on Instagram that the helmets and the probe droid are coming out in April? That doesn’t seem right though because usually the pics get dropped on Lego.com the month before and we have yet to see any of them. I’m guessing the acc was wrong and they’re still set for May but I was just curious if anyone else knew anything about this. 

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Should've done a quick google search when I first thought about it, current piece looks perfect, my mistake!

45 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

So I saw on Instagram that the helmets and the probe droid are coming out in April? That doesn’t seem right though because usually the pics get dropped on Lego.com the month before and we have yet to see any of them. I’m guessing the acc was wrong and they’re still set for May but I was just curious if anyone else knew anything about this. 

I believe it is april, I think that's when last year's helmets and statue dropped, and usually the only set releasing in may for SW is the may the fourth D2C

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I believe it is april, I think that's when last year's helmets and statue dropped, and usually the only set releasing in may for SW is the may the fourth D2C

Last year I think it was late April anyway, I believe we got pictures around the last week of March.  SW pics are sometimes all over the place, there's been times that sets have been released and literally zero pictures of it have existed until someone found it on the shelves.