MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Shifting a little bit to the rumored May the 4th R2 D2, how does everyone decide whether or not to purchase re-releases of models they already own? I have the older R2 UCS model and am really happy with it, but I'm also really curious to see what the newer one looks like. I'm not sure I can justify owning two R2-D2's at that scale, but if the appearance and functions of the new one blow the previous model out of the water, it'll be really tempting to pick it up.

Haven't had the issue come up yet but in the future I would probably buy the new one and sell my old one. 

18 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

It has to be in that order or else you have to start from the beginning. 

Yup. If you buy any set in between them, or don't buy them in that order, you have to start over without cancelling your previous orders. You also have to order 66 copies of the new X-34 snowspeeder, a T-47 snowspeeder in the colors of Luke's Landspeeder, retailing for $50 each.

4 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Shifting a little bit to the rumored May the 4th R2 D2, how does everyone decide whether or not to purchase re-releases of models they already own? I have the older R2 UCS model and am really happy with it, but I'm also really curious to see what the newer one looks like. I'm not sure I can justify owning two R2-D2's at that scale, but if the appearance and functions of the new one blow the previous model out of the water, it'll be really tempting to pick it up.

As @Eaglefan344 said, if you like the new one more, get it and sell the old one. Retired LSW is super expensive, especially UCS sets.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup. If you buy any set in between them, or don't buy them in that order, you have to start over without cancelling your previous orders. You also have to order 66 copies of the new X-34 snowspeeder, a T-47 snowspeeder in the colors of Luke's Landspeeder, retailing for $50 each

And it would likely be a promo open only to residents of one country, probably a smaller country too, so as to further impede supply, through less production.

Edited by Stuartn

9 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

This is the first one I’m conflicted about. I could justify two falcons by saying I get to display both the OT and ST versions (while also getting the new one with updated building techniques). But there is only one r2d2. Short of modding one to be a different droid I’m not sure what else to do with two. Damn completionist in me.

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

And it would likely be a promo open only to residents of one country, probably a smaller country too, so as to further impede supply, through less production.

You guys got some sort of pain fetish or something?

Edited by Brickroll

How does the current R2 UCS scale with BB8 model? I have the latter but would get R2 to display together. The rumoured remake is therefore ideal if it will :)

26 minutes ago, azzer86 said:

How does the current R2 UCS scale with BB8 model? I have the latter but would get R2 to display together. The rumoured remake is therefore ideal if it will :)

The original UCS R2 scales pretty much perfectly with BB-8. It’s off by a centimetre or two, but on the shelf together you can hardly tell. No telling if the scale will carry over to the new one. If I had to guess, the new one is likely to follow the trend of being smaller but more detailed than the original (though I would much rather see a direct rerelease). If that ends up being the case, BB-8 could end up looking too big next to him (kind of like last year’s D-0 model, I skipped it because it didn’t scale well).

Edited by Brikkyy13

On 2/26/2021 at 4:59 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

like a 95% likelihood, it's been confirmed by reliable leakers.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:40 AM, Kit Figsto said:

It's coming, and like someone already said, the only summer set we don't know about is a $30 set that's apparently a Target exclusive in the US, will likely be exclusive to a different retailer in Europe (plus LEGO stores/online shopping).  There's always a chance of other sets that may pop up, like last year the IT-S ship was a surprise, but given the size of this wave, it's probably less likely?

Okay thanks. I was semi-suspicious that it was all an elaborate hoax 

7 hours ago, KevinMD said:

This is the first one I’m conflicted about. I could justify two falcons by saying I get to display both the OT and ST versions (while also getting the new one with updated building techniques). But there is only one r2d2. Short of modding one to be a different droid I’m not sure what else to do with two. Damn completionist in me.

Yep, same here. All of the previous re-releases were ones I'd missed the first time (Falcon, SD, Snowspeeder, Y-Wing). I'm not certain, but I'll most likely pass on the new R2, anticipating/saving for the budget-slaying $800 AT-AT reportedly on its way in November. Definitely happy for everyone who missed out on R2 the first time around, whatever this new one looks like.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The original UCS R2 scales pretty much perfectly with BB-8. It’s off by a centimetre or two, but on the shelf together you can hardly tell. No telling if the scale will carry over to the new one. If I had to guess, the new one is likely to follow the trend of being smaller but more detailed than the original (though I would much rather see a direct rerelease). If that ends up being the case, BB-8 could end up looking too big next to him (kind of like last year’s D-0 model, I skipped it because it didn’t scale well).

Thanks.

Yeah that's the only reason I don't have D-0 as it's too large vs. BB-8.

Hopefully the R2 is of similar scale to the first UCS but using new building techniques to make it smoother and more detailed.

Someone on IG claimed that there will possibly be a sixth figure in the Havoc Marauder. It seems possible, but the leaker is not particularly well known.

42 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Someone on IG claimed that there will possibly be a sixth figure in the Havoc Marauder. It seems possible, but the leaker is not particularly well known.

...dare I hope for Rex...I know it's almost definitely not based off S7 but hey a guy can dream...it would probably be Grand Moff Tarkin honestly he seems to have a decently sized role in the show. 

While it would be really cool to get either Rex or Cody with the Havoc Marauder (Cody is the one they reported to in Season 7 of TCW after all), I can see an extra minifigure being one of the Elite Squad Troopers from The Bad Batch show. It’d make sense to include someone for the Bad Batch to fight, but I suppose the inclusion of a sixth figure is conjecture at this point anyway.

Am I the only one still getting "coming soon" messages on March 1 releases? It's past 12 where I am so they should be available. 

EDIT: They're up and I got my shuttle. Haven't gotten a confirmation email yet tho; hope it won't be like last time. 

Edited by hondohnaka

11 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

...dare I hope for Rex...I know it's almost definitely not based off S7 but hey a guy can dream...it would probably be Grand Moff Tarkin honestly he seems to have a decently sized role in the show. 

Either of those would be good. Especially since it's been 8 years or so since we saw the last Phase II Rex.

I could see it maybe being a villain like Wat Tambor or one of those air support droids.

Picked up the Tauntaun vs AT-AT from Amazon last night. Mostly got it for Luke but the Tauntaun seems like a cute build even if I have owned the moulded one before. 

22 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

While it would be really cool to get either Rex or Cody with the Havoc Marauder (Cody is the one they reported to in Season 7 of TCW after all), I can see an extra minifigure being one of the Elite Squad Troopers from The Bad Batch show. It’d make sense to include someone for the Bad Batch to fight, but I suppose the inclusion of a sixth figure is conjecture at this point anyway.

Spoiler

In this show, Cody is supposed to be the trooper in the green visor in the trailer, part of an anti-insurgent task force. He might be in the set, but as a villain.

^Possibly minor spoilers for bad batch if true, but I can't remember if it was ever even confirmed.

If there's a fifth figure, I'm hoping for either the one listed in the spoiler or another Fennec Shand (in case the arquitens is bad). I doubt we'd see 6 new figures in a set, though I guess we are already getting five, but my money's still on an existing figure maybe with updated prints like Anakin or a clone.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, Brickroll said:

What leaker?

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

What leaker?

@master._kenobi501. I have never heard of them, but they have a lot of posts and followers, as well as a connection with a couple of custom sites. This person has a lot to lose, so I doubt they would say this without reason, but I am applying a ton of salt to this. Another person said it might be Rex as the fig, but they were a repeat leaker.

Edited by Brickroll

While we’re on the topic of the bad batch shuttle I saw someone on Facebook suggest that it’s releasing on May 4 to tie in with the show. I don’t think it’s true, because when has a Facebook comment section ever been a reliable source, but just thought I’d check here with the bothan spies. It’s coming August with the rest of the 2HY wave, right?

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

While we’re on the topic of the bad batch shuttle I saw someone on Facebook suggest that it’s releasing on May 4 to tie in with the show. I don’t think it’s true, because when has a Facebook comment section ever been a reliable source, but just thought I’d check here with the bothan spies. It’s coming August with the rest of the 2HY wave, right?

Almost definitely. May is helmets, UCS R2 and that’s it. I’d love it if it was a May 4 release but I really don’t see that happening. 

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’d doubt that’s true, but it’s possible that they might officially reveal the set on May 6th. The Star Wars YouTube channel has a weekly show called “This Week in Star Wars” that announces upcoming merch and other content.

I don’t know if it’s been confirmed or not, but the shuttle could be this year’s Amazon exclusive Star Wars set, although the past two were both $130 USD while the shuttle set is rumored to be $100 USD.

3 minutes ago, SuperSith said:

I’d doubt that’s true, but it’s possible that they might officially reveal the set on May 6th. The Star Wars YouTube channel has a weekly show called “This Week in Star Wars” that announces upcoming merch and other content.

I don’t know if it’s been confirmed or not, but the shuttle could be this year’s Amazon exclusive Star Wars set, although the past two were both $130 USD while the shuttle set is rumored to be $100 USD.

So do we think that there is a 130$ set coming out this year we don’t know about? I would guess that it would be an At Te, as the last two gunships have been released with one in the same wave, although a lot had changed since then, and we have no large OT system sets confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

So do we think that there is a 130$ set coming out this year we don’t know about? I would guess that it would be an At Te, as the last two gunships have been released with one in the same wave, although a lot had changed since then, and we have no large OT system sets confirmed.

I doubt there’s another set, since MandR’s list for the summer/fall wave seems complete. Amazon could just be keeping the Razorcrest around for longer than most Lego sets (which typically get discontinued after approx. two years).