MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

49 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Since when has TLG done what the fans really, really want?

I mean the august wave is lowkey amazing...but yeah it probably will just be Windu and the clone captain to make up in terribleness for how good the wave is. 

1 hour ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Normally you'd often be right, but they specifically went out of their way to ask this time, so...

14 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

There are 0 rumors of a SW CMF. None.

There isn't any evidence whatsoever, I agree. I think I've tracked the two main sources of the speculation, though:

There were RUMORS that disney and hasbro re-negotiated their contract to allow other companies to make action figures, which would mean that lego would have the ability to package minifigures by themselves. So the rumors were that lego would be legally able to make a CMF, nothing even close to them doing it.

Apparently marvel is getting a CMF, and this leads to people thinking star wars will get one, somehow? Neither of these really indicate anything more than that it MIGHT be legally possible for a star wars cmf to happen, but there are absolutely no rumors that lego is actually making one.

8 hours ago, 22jan2009 said:

Like size of new tie fighter 75300. I replaced ball joints with clips.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191636725@N06/albums/72157718104874098

That's a huge improvement, I wonder why they went with ball joints. Are those easy to break off?

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Ah I see. I agree the Boga is far more likely to appear in microfighter form than fully realised especially considering the dual pack microfighter pattern as you say. But then again pairing it with a wheel bike would logically mean including General Grievous and Lego really don't like putting him in cheap sets. I certainly wouldn't see them putting Cody in that set - they must know fans want him so why put him in a cheap set when they could make us all buy an expensive one to get him. If they did do Boga vs Wheel Bike I'd say we'd get Mustafar Obi-Wan and maybe the new Airbourne Clone now that it's been in an expensive set for a while. Or even a plain Phase 2 or 212th (would make many people buy multiples).

They did put him in that speeder a few years back, that was $30 (but overpriced). Even if they didn't do grievous, I think they'd do a magnaguard or b1 or someone on the CIS side to go against kenobi.

2 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

with how long people spent spamming every single comment section, I'm surprised we're forgetting about the 501st battlepack so quickly

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Normally you'd often be right, but they specifically went out of their way to ask this time, so...

But still...

1 minute ago, AIex said:

with how long people spent spamming every single comment section, I'm surprised we're forgetting about the 501st battlepack so quickly

True

11 hours ago, macaron35 said:

The more i look at the new imperial shuttle the more i am thinking about getting a second hand shuttle tydirium.

the bottom of the cockpit on the 75302 seems odd

but the body of the old was a bit too wide

any advice ?

if some of you own the previous shuttle could give some feedback

thanks

I own Tydirium and for the longest time it was one of my favorite sets. The interior space is quite nice compared to what is being released. All the minifigs are great as well, (including Endor Rex/Nik Sant, depending on if you believe that theory :P) Proportion wise it is also very good and it does not suffer the lower cockpit issue that the new one appears to have. The only complaint I had with it is the wing movability. It is hard to lower the wings without accidently firing the spring shooters and it isn't very smooth in the way they are lowered. Other than that, I would say go for Tyderium over the new one unless it is outrageously overpriced.

Edited by HutchProDucktions

So has the $30 dollar set now become a set exclusive or is there another $30 set still around (I'm still clinging on to my fantasy of another clone legion battle back)  

38 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

So has the $30 dollar set now become a set exclusive or is there another $30 set still around (I'm still clinging on to my fantasy of another clone legion battle back)  

I think the latest information is that the $30 set is some sort of retail exclusive. It's almost certainly the only $30 set this wave though.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:04 AM, 22jan2009 said:

Like size of new tie fighter 75300. I replaced ball joints with clips.

The pivot point of the clip hinge is slightly offset compared to the pivot point of the ball joints, so I'm curious, do you find that the edging stripes are under any tension/strain?

Edited by NathanR

It appears that the shuttle is on lego.com as “Coming Soon.”

Edited by Brickroll

2 minutes ago, DrCoomer said:

Looking at the head-on image it really doesn't look too bad, but any other angle and it sticks out very poorly. It doesn't look like the pilot gets any controls or steering either. Definitely a step down from 2015 in the cockpit area; everything else looks pretty good.

This image does a good job with showing just how poorly designed the front part is: 

Screenshot_25.jpg

The cockpit itself is pretty much only half of what it should be and the black stands out like a sore thumb.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This image does a good job with showing just how poorly designed the front part is: 

Screenshot_25.jpg

The cockpit itself is pretty much only half of what it should be and the black stands out like a sore thumb.

Hmm, yeah, that doesn't look great.  I think they probably wanted to include the stud shooter there, but the wedge plates on the side really should extend further and the front slope bricks probably should tilt down a little bit.

The good thing is, that's a fairly easy modification, but that shouldn't really be necessary in the first place.

On the bright side, Shop at Home lists 75302 at $70 USD when it was previously rumored to be at $80.  I don't mind 660 parts in a spaceship of that size for $70, but $80 would have been a stretch.

Shuttle seems OK, the cockpit definitely looks weird but the rest is actually fairly good. The UK is getting a bum deal on that though - I would've expected a $70 set to be no more than 60 quid, S@H UK has it at 70.

The Tauntaun and AT-AT both look adorable though. I do like Luke's hooded head, that could be very useful for some racing driver figs.

Looks like they're still using that rectangle box art from the Razor Crest last year...

:yoda:

Just on the side. :sick:

2 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

96 EURO for that shuttle... wow... just wow...

In Germany, it's currently available at a discount for EUR 67,99.

I was on the fence about the shuttle, but that cockpit might be a dealbreaker for how unfinished it looks. I'll wait for some in hand reviews, but it definitely went on the list of "sets I'm never gonna pay full price for".

8 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I think the latest information is that the $30 set is some sort of retail exclusive. It's almost certainly the only $30 set this wave though.

Target exclusive, I believe. The mandalorian fighter is exclusive to walmart. (both in america, obviously, I imagine the retailers will be different for europe as I don't think target and walmart exist outside north america.)

5 hours ago, icm said:

On the bright side, Shop at Home lists 75302 at $70 USD when it was previously rumored to be at $80.  I don't mind 660 parts in a spaceship of that size for $70, but $80 would have been a stretch.

That's much better. Makes up for the cockpit looking weird IMO.

On the Shuttle, is that 4x3 slope underneath the middle wing printed? Looks like the same print they used all those years ago on the original model.

Even if the upper half of the shuttle cockpit had to look like that, I don't know why they couldn't use more inverted slopes or wedges underneath to give it at least an appearance of contour, rather than just a bunch of stacked plates. Maybe it has to do with stability for that forward hinge :shrug_confused:

I've never gotten a shuttle before so I'll probably pick that up for my birthday or Easter. You know, just sort of a gift to myself :yoda:.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Target exclusive, I believe. The mandalorian fighter is exclusive to walmart. (both in america, obviously, I imagine the retailers will be different for europe as I don't think target and walmart exist outside north america.)

Semantics, but I think Target exists in Australia?  Not 100% sure though.  Either way though, it's strange that we got info on the set purportedly slated as the WM exclusive and not on the Target exclusive.  At least it gives a bit more to look forward too, since last year we had the slow trickle of leaks and this year it was just "Bam, here's what we're getting."