MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

44 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Cody in that set would have been absolutely perfect. I can’t imagine how well it would have sold, even at $80

They remade the Wheel Bike and the Grievous Starfighter. One more Utapau set would be perfect. A remake of Boga and throw in a couple Crab Droids and some great minifigs including Cody and there you go

I completely agree. 

Mace Windu and the Red Clone might look good... you never know. 

A bigger mystery, I agree is the lack of a Clone Pilot. I assumed Lego had the tools to create that unique moulded helmet. Big shame. 

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Cody in that set would have been absolutely perfect. I can’t imagine how well it would have sold, even at $80

They remade the Wheel Bike and the Grievous Starfighter. One more Utapau set would be perfect. A remake of Boga and throw in a couple Crab Droids and some great minifigs including Cody and there you go

Maybe that's why they didn't include Cody in the Gunship (or at least presumably). If they had thrown him in a 350$ many people would be beyond upset. They might be holding him for a future release. An Utapau set like that would sell like hotcakes if Cody and some 212th figures were included.

52 minutes ago, TheJames183 said:

Maybe that's why they didn't include Cody in the Gunship (or at least presumably). If they had thrown him in a 350$ many people would be beyond upset. They might be holding him for a future release. An Utapau set like that would sell like hotcakes if Cody and some 212th figures were included.

Equally the Separatist Tri-Droid from the first episode of the final arc of Clone Wars could be a set for Cody and new 212th troopers.

16 minutes ago, HutchProDucktions said:

Anyone heard anything on what that $30 store exclusive set is supposed to be yet?

Nothing yet. 

48 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Equally the Separatist Tri-Droid from the first episode of the final arc of Clone Wars could be a set for Cody and new 212th troopers.

I still maintain that a wheel bike v brick built boga with a p2 cody is super likely for 2022, it just seems like such an obvious choice.

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Mace Windu and the Red Clone might look good... you never know. 

A bigger mystery, I agree is the lack of a Clone Pilot. I assumed Lego had the tools to create that unique moulded helmet. Big shame. 

I still can't see this being true, the clone pilot, even if they didn't make it a new mold, just seems like the most obvious choice for a gunship. Until someone like falconfan or jdubbs confirms it, I'm going to remain skeptical.

45 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I still maintain that a wheel bike v brick built boga with a p2 cody is super likely for 2022, it just seems like such an obvious choice.

I think that would be a good set, but why would it be an obvious choice for 2022? Also, this is Lego and they don't do obvious choices anyway. :laugh:

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I think that would be a good set, but why would it be an obvious choice for 2022? Also, this is Lego and they don't do obvious choices anyway. :laugh:

About to say, good set but for sure not obvious. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can easily see this being a double microfighter set. I don’t see them doing this in a normal scale anytime soon, and if they did, I would MUCH rather it include a molded Boga

I’ve kinda already talked myself out of getting the UCS Gunship, so this meh figure selection will just make it easier for me to pass on it. I’ll either just wait for the next System-scale one or just bite the bullet and buy the 2013 version. (Or the third option, the one I hope doesn’t happen for the sake of my space and wallet, is that I end up really loving the UCS Gunship in spite of its scale and figure selection and get it anyway.)

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Definetly, that would be such a dope set to see in the 60-80$ range. After seeing what the summer wave is going to include, hope is not lost yet.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I can easily see this being a double microfighter set. I don’t see them doing this in a normal scale anytime soon, and if they did, I would MUCH rather it include a molded Boga

If it were to be a microfighter it would have to include Grievous, and I think that the moulds used for him are expensive to produce (i.e. Grievous Speeder / Starfighter) so I don't really see Lego including him in a 20$ set, though it would be nice to get him in a cheap duoble microfighter.

It's also possible that Cody might be part of that rumored Star Wars CMF series, and that's why he is not in the Gunship nor summer wave sets.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I still maintain that a wheel bike v brick built boga with a p2 cody is super likely for 2022, it just seems like such an obvious choice

I think that would be a very obvious microfighter set, we've had a dewback vs escape pod, skyhopper vs bantha and now a tauntan vs at at. It would be a logical next machine vs beast microfighter.

23 minutes ago, TheJames183 said:

It's also possible that Cody might be part of that rumored Star Wars CMF series, and that's why he is not in the Gunship nor summer wave sets.

Are there rumors for an SW cmf next year?

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

There are no rumours for next year period, it's still just January :laugh:  

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

There are no rumours for next year period, it's still just January :laugh:  

Yeah, that was sort of my thinking. I just meant that since @Stuartn mentioned it, I was wondering if there were rumors.

23 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Yeah, that was sort of my thinking. I just meant that since @Stuartn mentioned it, I was wondering if there were rumors.

I think the only "rumor" we've had is that supposedly Hasbro no longer has exclusive rights to sell action figures, so LEGO wouldn't need to to limit individual minifigures to promotional items only, and the fact that battle packs are MIA.  LEGO clearly is starting to go into licensed CMFs (and not just in-house ones with the LEGO Movie and stuff) with Harry Potter and Marvel, as well as the mysterious Looney Toons one (still remains to be seen what's going on with that one since there's been like zero info for seemingly several months now), so it would logically make sense for a SW one if the license truly would allow it now.  

So basically, no, there's not a rumor, and if there is one eventually, it would almost assuredly not be this year just because of the quantity of CMFs already confirmed for this year (I think two VIDYO, Marvel, one or two regular series, and possibly the Loony Toons one, in addition to the Mario blind bags).  

Back to the topic of the Gunship figures, was it just those two or is there a third, because I seem to remember a comment saying there was one more, but that may have been speculation.

22 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Back to the topic of the Gunship figures, was it just those two or is there a third, because I seem to remember a comment saying there was one more, but that may have been speculation.

There should be at least a third, since Lego specifically asked voters what figures they would want. I find it hard to believe Mace Windu or a generic red clone was somehow the fan favorite pick.

Edited by BigGuy4U

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Sorry, I forgot to specify that it'd be a microfighter. It's a major scene that hasn't been made since 2005, and they've got a pattern of machine v creature microfighter options. (Dewback v escape pod, bantha v skyhopper, tauntaun v at-at). And I'd say that the 2020-2021 have shown that lego is doing the things the fans want (more prequel sets, more mando sets, less expensive x-wing and tie, etc)

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah, that's what I meant, I should have specified. It follows the pattern, though I guess they couldn't throw in cody.

5 hours ago, TheJames183 said:

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

There are 0 rumors of a SW CMF. None.

The more i look at the new imperial shuttle the more i am thinking about getting a second hand shuttle tydirium.

the bottom of the cockpit on the 75302 seems odd

but the body of the old was a bit too wide

any advice ?

if some of you own the previous shuttle could give some feedback

thanks

4 hours ago, 22jan2009 said:

Like size of new tie fighter 75300. I replaced ball joints with clips.

50893533827_906e1c1bf4_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191636725@N06/albums/72157718104874098

Thanks for sharing this, useful to see such comparison pictures before considering to buy new sets. Looking forward to a similar comparison between the new and the old Shuttle.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Sorry, I forgot to specify that it'd be a microfighter. It's a major scene that hasn't been made since 2005, and they've got a pattern of machine v creature microfighter options. (Dewback v escape pod, bantha v skyhopper, tauntaun v at-at). And I'd say that the 2020-2021 have shown that lego is doing the things the fans want (more prequel sets, more mando sets, less expensive x-wing and tie, etc)

Yeah, that's what I meant, I should have specified. It follows the pattern, though I guess they couldn't throw in cody.

Ah I see. I agree the Boga is far more likely to appear in microfighter form than fully realised especially considering the dual pack microfighter pattern as you say. But then again pairing it with a wheel bike would logically mean including General Grievous and Lego really don't like putting him in cheap sets. I certainly wouldn't see them putting Cody in that set - they must know fans want him so why put him in a cheap set when they could make us all buy an expensive one to get him. If they did do Boga vs Wheel Bike I'd say we'd get Mustafar Obi-Wan and maybe the new Airbourne Clone now that it's been in an expensive set for a while. Or even a plain Phase 2 or 212th (would make many people buy multiples).

3 hours ago, 22jan2009 said:

Like size of new tie fighter 75300. I replaced ball joints with clips.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191636725@N06/albums/72157718104874098

Good mod. Looks much cleaner. Only thing I disliked on first glance was those dark grey joints.

14 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

There should be at least a third, since Lego specifically asked voters what figures they would want. I find it hard to believe Mace Windu or a generic red clone was somehow the fan favorite pick.

Since when has TLG done what the fans really, really want?