MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I would assume that two reasons contributed to LEGO not releasing the Bespin Duel worldwide—it was a con exclusive, and it has little appeal outside of AFOl circles. Kids are not going to want a set with only two figs just because the Vader has arm printing and the Luke is exclusive—there would have been plenty of other sets worth getting in their eyes.

I disagree. It was one of the best sets of 2020 depicting the most iconic scene in all of Star Wars. It is a real kick in the guts to to have this, the Nebulon B and other similar sets as NA exclusives. Keep con exclusives as figures that are actually rare and don’t have much as quality as sets. I don’t mind Lego making a S@H exclusive $100 400pcs set in limited numbers, as long it’s available worldwide.

Anyway, I’m a bit disappointed about the Shuttles design now there’s better views. If it’s $80 in the US, then the price will be the same in Australia as 75221 at $150 iirc, so a bit overpriced. I will still get because I don’t have a lambda and have been looking forward to it, but may try to mod it to the 75094 design.

10 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Especially after they said “no more regional exclusives”. I get that it was an unused convention exclusive but they really should not have released it. I was hoping Bespin Duel would receive a wider release this year under a new set number but I guess not. Final Duel it is for arm printing... if only I could find it in Australia :wall:

Myer had it on their website a few days ago, some other etailers as well.

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I love this mentality. It’s as if you take offence by us complaining. So odd. It’s not your fault. How do you not understand people’s frustrations though? Like these sorts of comments just make it seem that way. 

You’re so biased. Either way it was off topic but this comment made my blood boil haha! 

I understand why people would be upset that it's exclusive to a specific area but i don't understand how they'd prefer no one get the set than some people get the set. That's what confuses me, the "If i can't have it no one can" mentality.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't understand how they'd prefer no one get the set than some people get the set. That's what confuses me, the "If i can't have it no one can" mentality.

I get that the amount of sets they had produced was pretty limited, but instead of selling them at several retailers in one country they could've at least sold them on lego.com in several countries.

3 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

I get that the amount of sets they had produced was pretty limited, but instead of selling them at several retailers in one country they could've at least sold them on lego.com in several countries.

Exactly. It’s not a case of “if I can’t have it nobody can”, it’s a case of LEGO producing a regional exclusive months after they told us they would not produce any more regional exclusives. I don’t like it when people go back on their word, to me it’s disrespectful. LEGO as a company is generally very respectful to its fans, and I almost never have issues with their practices as a business (even if I hop on here with every set release and complain about missing figures), that’s what makes this such a terrible situation in my eyes.

Edited by Brikkyy13

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I don’t like it when people go back on their word, to me it’s disrespectful.

They didn‘t. They clearly stated that convention exclusives were exempt from that rule :wink:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They didn‘t. They clearly stated that convention exclusives were exempt from that rule :wink:

But by changing the sets release from a convention-exclusive to a US-exclusive it does feel like they went back on their word, even if it's technically incorrect.

Hello everyone! 

I've been viewing these forums since the 75159 Death Star leaked in 2016, glad to finally be joining this community! Time sure does fly huh 

I can't believe what an amazing wave we are getting this summer, I truly am in awe. All of the sets sound exciting to me and thank God there is a new Slave I coming, I somewhat even sensed this lol. Last year I bit the bullet and bought the ATM6 walker in January (Wanting an AT-AT and thinking it will be a while before Lego releases one). Immediately after we got the rumor for it. This time I was looking for the 20th anniversary Slave I and decided to put it off, you know, just in case, until the summer wave list leaks, knowing it's very unlikely, and look what happened. I am really curious as to what they can manage with that price point and can't wait to see it. Hopefully there is another figure in the set to spice things up.

I just had a thought, what if we get new mando helmet molds in the summer? Since we know Gar Saxon is coming, he definitely will be coming with a new mold, but what if all the other mandos get a new one as well? It would be an ideal time with all the different mandalorians we will be getting in the summer wave and would also somewhat explain OT Boba Fett in this wave since it would be silly not to introduce the mold with him whenever that eventually happens. I am probably taking this way too far lol but one can dream :grin:

49 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

And yet this supposed “convention exclusive” was available to everyone in a country. Surely you see my problem here. 

Welcome @Stefanisimo! I do not think they will remould the standard mando helmet as the changes between them are usually subtle and can be conveyed with printing but I do agree that Gar Saxxon is likely to have a new mould. 

Talking about Lego's rules with exclusives and convention rules is getting off topic. Move along. Move along.

3 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

Hello everyone! 

I've been viewing these forums since the 75159 Death Star leaked in 2016, glad to finally be joining this community! Time sure does fly huh 

I can't believe what an amazing wave we are getting this summer, I truly am in awe. All of the sets sound exciting to me and thank God there is a new Slave I coming, I somewhat even sensed this lol. Last year I bit the bullet and bought the ATM6 walker in January (Wanting an AT-AT and thinking it will be a while before Lego releases one). Immediately after we got the rumor for it. This time I was looking for the 20th anniversary Slave I and decided to put it off, you know, just in case, until the summer wave list leaks, knowing it's very unlikely, and look what happened. I am really curious as to what they can manage with that price point and can't wait to see it. Hopefully there is another figure in the set to spice things up.

I just had a thought, what if we get new mando helmet molds in the summer? Since we know Gar Saxon is coming, he definitely will be coming with a new mold, but what if all the other mandos get a new one as well? It would be an ideal time with all the different mandalorians we will be getting in the summer wave and would also somewhat explain OT Boba Fett in this wave since it would be silly not to introduce the mold with him whenever that eventually happens. I am probably taking this way too far lol but one can dream :grin:

Welcome! It sounds like you have some interesting powers... Ever thought of buying the Radiant VII set? Asking for a friend... :innocent2:

It's an interesting thought but I think they'll probably stick with the existing helmet moulds - they get more than enough information across for Mando helmets. I do wonder how effective Gar's helmet will be though; that will be one fiddly mould to get the horns looking right. I suppose there's a possibility they would be dual-moulded.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

50 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Welcome! It sounds like you have some interesting powers... Ever thought of buying the Radiant VII set? Asking for a friend... :innocent2:

It's an interesting thought but I think they'll probably stick with the existing helmet moulds - they get more than enough information across for Mando helmets. I do wonder how effective Gar's helmet will be though; that will be one fiddly mould to get the horns looking right. I suppose there's a possibility they would be dual-moulded.

It could also be 2-pieces: They might've tweaked the current Mando helmet so the existing Darth Maul horn piece can be placed on top of it. It'd just need to be a bit flatter with a stud on top. Same sturdy helmet, same flexible horns.

This would create other possibilities, too, such as The Armorer from Season 1 of The Mandalorian via a combo of the 'studded Mando Helmet' + the Black Panther ear piece (colored in gold).

41 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Noted! Definitely something my TPM collection lacks. Alongside the *cough* royal Nubian starship *cough*

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

It could also be 2-pieces: They might've tweaked the current Mando helmet so the existing Darth Maul horn piece can be placed on top of it. It'd just need to be a bit flatter with a stud on top. Same sturdy helmet, same flexible horns.

This would create other possibilities, too, such as The Armorer from Season 1 of The Mandalorian via a combo of the 'studded Mando Helmet' + the Black Panther ear piece (colored in gold).

Maybe but I'm not sure how good it would look. Besides, Gar Saxon's helmet is unique, it would need a new "crown" top piece too. Maul's headpiece would work for a regular Supercommando though, and I can see Black Panther's ears working well for The Armorer too.

img-2894056-m.jpgGar

Black-Series-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Regular Supercommando

891643431aa96c69b00e6a29472a2e18.jpgArmorer

So random question, I know we have none of the set pictures but at a guess, do you think the Lambda, Fang and 2021 S1 will all scale together? Or will the 20th Ann. S1 scale better with the Lambda and Fang? I’m just wondering bc I have the 20th Ann and couldn’t care less about the 2021 version but if it scales better I might grab it. 

6 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

Hello everyone! 

Saxon definately needs a new mold, but I think it's more likely they'd create a special mold for him than a new helmet for all mandos. Some of the mandos with smaller horns could likely work with just printed horns, though I do like @Pedilego's idea as well.

2 hours ago, Pedilego said:

I like this idea, though I think unless the armorer and mandalorians are going to be in sets soon we'll just get a special mold for saxon that's part plastic and part rubber.

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wasn't it already confirmed that Saxon would get a new mold? Or am I just imagining things?

I thought it was ... somewhere. ? 

28 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I thought it was ... somewhere. ? 

MandR and some leakers on Insta confirmed it. I’m pretty sure it’s safe. Plus, this wave seems to be about Lego ceasing from being abject fools about Star Wars so I don’t think they’ll screw it up by using the old mold. 

SW rather always did these weird new molds that are never being reused again. Remember Rose Tico First order hair/helmet combo? Or dozends of KoR helmets, never to be reused again? The monkey henchmen from Solo?

Anyway I wonder how that helmets gonna look. I think for the "standard Mandos" the old helmet is fine.

But yes with how they do things now a new mold in generell would also be nice: My biggest nitpick is that the black print always felt superficial. Costume helmets or the first official ones have holes where there are visors. With a black head underneath this always looked really cool. Getting this black (or in Saxons case yellow) "visor" part with dual molding would for sure give a better appearance.

They could also just do one special helmet mold for Mando and the others with this kind of "comb" style - and use the old helmets for Boba (not Jango as he appears to never get his Slave I set  :pir-grin:).

In any case: This year we didnt get many new molds so far. One for Saxon, one for Mando helmet and one for Darksaber - should be possible with last years budget :wink:.
But then again.. - if we just get Saxon and Bo Katan as figures half as nice as Bescar Mando - Im already happy.

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Or dozends of KoR helmets, never to be reused again? The monkey henchmen from Solo?

The worst thing with those henchmen is that in the movie they always wore a helmet, and there were two different prints.

When it comes to arm printing, I will reserve my judgement until I see the figures. I think some figures really shouldn't have it (the imperial technician from the UCS ISD for example), while some minifigures in the past should have had it and didn't (like the mimban stormtrooper). I think though it is a step backwards for Vader to have had it then to not have it, same for recent figures like Greedo.

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

The worst thing with those henchmen is that in the movie they always wore a helmet, and there were two different prints.

When it comes to arm printing, I will reserve my judgement until I see the figures. I think some figures really shouldn't have it (the imperial technician from the UCS ISD for example), while some minifigures in the past should have had it and didn't (like the mimban stormtrooper). I think though it is a step backwards for Vader to have had it then to not have it, same for recent figures like Greedo.

The henchmen mould I suspect was made prior to the film's release, initial concept art had Dryden Voss as one of them rather than his henchmen so they probably made the mould with him in mind and didn't want it to go to waste

22 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

SW rather always did these weird new molds that are never being reused again. Remember Rose Tico First order hair/helmet combo? Or dozends of KoR helmets, never to be reused again? The monkey henchmen from Solo?

I actually really hope the Knights of Ren helmets are re-used once the TROS sets start going out of stock as it would be silly for Lego to not recoup the costs of the new moulds and include the Knights in another set. They did the same for with the Praetorians in a battlepack so it seems obvious that a Knight of Ren battlepack would make similar financial sense. One thing I expect we could see eventually if there is a lull in new Star War content is a big themed wave focusing on all the Sequel Trilogy films with slightly-updated character designs and repackaging of any sets that sold well the first time, like their 'greatest hits' they occasionally do with the other trilogies :grin:

15 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I actually really hope the Knights of Ren helmets are re-used once the TROS sets start going out of stock as it would be silly for Lego to not recoup the costs of the new moulds and include the Knights in another set. They did the same for with the Praetorians in a battlepack so it seems obvious that a Knight of Ren battlepack would make similar financial sense. One thing I expect we could see eventually if there is a lull in new Star War content is a big themed wave focusing on all the Sequel Trilogy films with slightly-updated character designs and repackaging of any sets that sold well the first time, like their 'greatest hits' they occasionally do with the other trilogies :grin:

"a lull in Star Wars content" did we watch the same Disney Investor Day? that's not going to be a thing until like 2026 at the EARLIEST. the idea is solid though, and therefore Lego will do the exact opposite of that. 

My apologies if this has been brought up but I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet... since LEGO updated the Clone Trooper head with a new skin tone and face print that looks more like Temuera Morrison than the old “Angry Clone” face, do we think Boba will get a new face in this style in the $50 Slave I?