MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

50 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Sorry for not reading through all the pages but has there been any more about the helmet collection and what the third could be. I’m hoping for either Boushh or a Royal Guard to have a ROTJ theme going

Nothing yet.

5 hours ago, Thieda said:

Which of the summer sets will you guys be picking up?

All of them except the Slave One bc I have the 20th. I’ll also skip the helmets and R2

6 hours ago, Thieda said:

All of TCW and Mandalorian sets. Additionally, I’ll be getting the Bad Batch Shuttle, the Vader Meditation Chamber, and probably whatever the $30 set ends up being. There’s a big question mark next to the UCS Gunship and a “someday” for the R2-D2.

30 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

All of them except the Slave One bc I have the 20th. I’ll also skip the helmets and R2

Same all around. We’ll see about the Slave I. Maybe once there’s a discount. It is odd that a Slave I is the same price as an X-Wing. This scaling down thing is really annoying, I loved the previous scale

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Same all around. We’ll see about the Slave I. Maybe once there’s a discount. It is odd that a Slave I is the same price as an X-Wing. This scaling down thing is really annoying, I loved the previous scale

The scaling down was absolutely needed for the X-Wing and TIE Fighter but makes absolutely no sense for Slave I.

7 hours ago, Thieda said:

Probabaly most of the Clone Wars and Mandalorian stuff and maybe the Slave 1. It'll be interesting to see what the $30 is. The main theme of the wave seems to be CW/Mando so finger crossed something from them. 

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

BTW, have someone else thought of the decreasing lack of medium and large size location sets? Last few years the only large one we have been getting is Darth Vaders castle, and we haven't been getting any medium ones either last few years. TLG were good at realsing them in relation to TFA, where we got three of them. But since that it's only Scarif and Snokes throne set what I recall.

Depending on what you count as medium sized, the 2018 Cantina might fall into that, and technically the Final Duel set from last summer could be a location, although I don’t think it’s as location-based as some of the other sets.

I do agree though, I’d like to see more of that type of set, especially since those $30 locations (Yoda/Ben’s Huts) were pretty great sets.

54 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Lego just basically confirmed Mandr’s rumor video by copyright striking it

Which rumor was this?

That seals it for me then, I had my doubts because while it was nice to believe, things that typically seem too good to be true usually are... But I'm all in for believing it now (with potential adjustments to minifigs due to TLG changing them). For since such a long time, at least a good 3 years now, I'm actually looking forward to 2021 2hy sets! It all sounds like such a nice refreshing change and the direction they should have gone for the past few years but they just played it safe. Although, they did do good with the ucs cantina, but everything else was always just sub-par one way or another. 

Well, since Lego is going after leaked summer list, it's definitely legit. Just curious why would they do it, info is already out, can't really wipe our collective memory to forget the list.

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Just curious why would they do it, info is already out, can't really wipe our collective memory to forget the list.

MandR is a member of LAN and represents the company to a certain extent. I would've been surprised if they let this slide.

10 hours ago, Thieda said:

I'm not 100% on any of them, as we haven't seen what they look like yet and since there's no battlepacks it's not like i'd buy them only for the figures, but currently I'm probably going to get the trexler marauder and meditation chamber, possibly bricklinking Bo-Katan, Fennec, Gideon, and the (hopefully) updated cara depending on their prices.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I thought the scaling down was good for the x-wing and tie, as they were starting to get prohibitivly expensive (seriously, almost $100 for a system x-wing is too much). But the slave one isn't a ship that I see working well at the same size as the 2021 x-wing, in-universe it's a similar size to the millenium falcon or lambda shuttle, at $50 this thing is going to be waay too small.

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The scaling down was absolutely needed for the X-Wing and TIE Fighter but makes absolutely no sense for Slave I.

It wasn’t needed for any of them, and now they all lack the detail and proportions they used to have. Not to mention sea are now inconsistent in scale to each other. The TIE especially looks kind of ridiculous. Looks like the 4+ set

It's great that we're getting a Walmart and a Target exclusive this year, those of us who aren't in North America can feel just that extra bit valued as consumers!

Is the $30 Target set confirmed? It would seem odd that Lego would have exclusives at two competing US stores.

5 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Haha, I'm the complete opposite (except for the helmets, which I'm also skipping).

Slave I and R2 only for me.  Should be a "cheap" year.  :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

It's great that we're getting a Walmart and a Target exclusive this year, those of us who aren't in North America can feel just that extra bit valued as consumers!

Is the $30 Target set confirmed? It would seem odd that Lego would have exclusives at two competing US stores.

The store exclusives are always still available from Shop@Home anyway. Multiple stores getting exclusives at the same time isn't a new or unusual thing, in fact there used to be even more before Toys R Us closed most of its locations.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

The store exclusives are always still available from Shop@Home anyway

That's good to know,  I'm happy about that!

2 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

The store exclusives are always still available from Shop@Home anyway. Multiple stores getting exclusives at the same time isn't a new or unusual thing, in fact there used to be even more before Toys R Us closed most of its locations.

That is really great to know, I didn't feel like trying to get to Walmart on a Sunday to get the Mando fighter.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

MandR is a member of LAN and represents the company to a certain extent. I would've been surprised if they let this slide.

Wait, they rewarded all his complaining about not being in LAN... by letting him into LAN? Just the kind of representation TFOLs need in the community right now. :ugh:

54 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Wait, they rewarded all his complaining about not being in LAN... by letting him into LAN? Just the kind of representation TFOLs need in the community right now. :ugh:

I do find it somewhat ironic that he was celebrating the Brick Show's channel getting shut down a few years back for showing leaks, only for he himself to get a copyright claim for leaked info.

32 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Will all of this wave be August releases? Or will it be spread out like the Winter wave?

I don't think we know yet but last summer, Europe saw the sets appearing in early-mid July all at once, and the US got them all at once in August.  This winter wave thing isn't a typical release pattern unless I'm forgetting something.  I think usually every wave releases all at once with the exception of times when there are random individual sets or groups of sets that are released all at once (like the Mosaics last summer or the Razor Crest on September 1st).  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Edited by Kit Figsto

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

I do find it somewhat ironic that he was celebrating the Brick Show's channel getting shut down a few years back for showing leaks, only for he himself to get a copyright claim for leaked info.

Ugh that's really scummy. Leaks are just part of Lego culture at this point, there's no reason for fans to attack creators for leaking them, we WANT those leaks!

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

I don't think we know yet but last summer, Europe saw the sets appearing in early-mid July all at once, and the US got them all at once in August.  This winter wave thing isn't a typical release pattern unless I'm forgetting something.  I think usually every wave releases all at once with the exception of times when there are random individual sets or groups of sets that are released all at once (like the Mosaics last summer or the Razor Crest on September 1st).

Well I guess my wallet is gonna take a beating come August...

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Haha, I'm the complete opposite (except for the helmets, which I'm also skipping).

Slave I and R2 only for me.  Should be a "cheap" year.  :laugh:

I might do a similar thing (except I likely will also get the ITT and bricklink a few of the figures), it depends on whether or not I can hunt down the 20th anniversary slave one and how good the R2 looks. 

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

See below

41 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

MandR has always struck me as a spoiled, entitled person who takes advantage of his younger audience to get what he wants.