MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

You know a wave is good when you question the legitimacy of it for a solid half hour. 

Wow, exciting list! Slave One is the only set I’m not too keen on, naturally as I have the 20th ann version. Shame it doesn’t include an exclusive figure such as a Bespin Guard! (Unless Han is changed somehow...)

Have to save up for this one! 

Edited by ArrowBricks

We can safely rule out the possibility of the gunship being minifig scale, right? It’s more than twice the piece count of the brickvault version, which is supposedly minifig scale. Either that or it comes with like 100 clone troopers and a massive stand. 

Just now, Brickroll said:

We can safely rule out the possibility of the gunship being minifig scale, right? It’s more than twice the piece count of the brickvault version, which is supposedly minifig scale. Either that or it comes with like 100 clone troopers and a massive stand. 

I think so, I would guess that it would come with probably a phase I clone pilot and a regular phase I clone trooper or just two pilots, to be on the display stand.

Still, I cannot see it being in the same scale as other UCS sets, like the A wing or X wing, as that would be massive.

@avengers777 thank you for posting the set list on the News thread. Exactly what I'd like to see happen in the future with reliable info!

11 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I don't know why people keep expecting the UCS Gunship to be minifig scale. The 2013 version is already very very close. A $200 version would be bigger than minifig scale, much less the $350 version that we're getting

10 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Wow, exciting list! Slave One is the only set I’m not too keen on, naturally as I have the 20th ann version. Shame it doesn’t include an exclusive figure such as a Bespin Guard! (Unless Han is changed somehow...)

It truly is the weak link in that wave. I won't complain too much though since the rest surpasses my (admittedly low) expectations by far. The only thing I would have added was a Duel on Exegol set to make it a perfect wave in my eyes, but alas :shrug_oh_well:

Back to the Slave I: I simply don't get why it had to include OT minifigs (and two VERY common ones at that). Spoilers can't be the issue here, I mean look at the minifig selection of the Arquitens :tongue: It's just a huge missed opportunity, unless they decide to release a set or two based on the Book of Boba Fett early next year of course. I NEED a minifig of that polished armour :wub_drool:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really don't see the point behind this new Slave I. If it had to be an OT version why not base it on The Mandalorian?

Totally agree. An OT Slave 1 doesn’t make any sense, especially after an excellent (partially even better than the UCS one) playscale set was recently released. The UCS was minifig scale, the most recent one was downsized to playscale. A new one would make sense only in light of the popularity of the Mandalorian, and probably aimed at kids/younger audience who do not own a previous version and felt in love with the ship by watching the Mandalorian.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Maybe it’s just the Mandela effect, but wasn’t it confirmed that the minifigs that got the most votes were p2 Cody and Jedi Bob?

Honestly jedi bob? Such a waste of a spot if they would do that instead of actual jedis fighting in the arena

I’m gonna throw my speculation in the ring here that the Slave I is a 4+ set.

But I am not going to have any money left in my bank account. Wowie. That’s a WAVE right there. Gonna need a new shelf for all this Mando stuff, it’s a dream come true

Im less hyped then most of u I guess. Would have liked some larger playset, plus to much repetition of mandalorian characters. Just a few minifigures bricklinked, problem is that I either like the figure lineup or choice of build, not any combination.  

4 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Honestly jedi bob? Such a waste of a spot if they would do that instead of actual jedis fighting in the arena

I think it was a meme campaign inside a meme campaign. People spammed Bob in addition to MandR’s campaign. 

45 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:
  • They could do a dual property in theory. I think a pilot is a given, but then why ask fans what they would want to see if they aren't considering including any other figures? Sure it's a way of gaging what figures their customers want for other sets and they may have had no intention of including any in the gunship, but that would be a really good way to annoy a huge vocal fanbase by seemingly ignoring them after being specifically asked. And I can't say for sure, but I think Cody was the answer of many. Of course Lego works in their own mysterious ways which is why all our speculation often seems completely pointless apart from the fact that it keeps us busy. :laugh:

It'll probably be 20th Anniversary style where its very pronounced that a figure (perhaps two) is commemorative and not necessarily consistent with the rest of the set.

A much less likely analogy is the UCS Millennium Falcon, where they provide minifigures for two eras. But to echo others, expect fewer figures.

18 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I think so, I would guess that it would come with probably a phase I clone pilot and a regular phase I clone trooper or just two pilots, to be on the display stand.

Still, I cannot see it being in the same scale as other UCS sets, like the A wing or X wing, as that would be massive.

I'm standing by my theory that they're using the Jurassic World Gyrosphere pieces for the bubble turrets. A $350 price point seems consistent with the right scale to pull that off.

4 minutes ago, storskogen said:

Totally agree. An OT Slave 1 doesn’t make any sense, especially after an excellent (partially even better than the UCS one) playscale set was recently released. The UCS was minifig scale, the most recent one was downsized to playscale. A new one would make sense only in light of the popularity of the Mandalorian, and probably aimed at kids/younger audience who do not own a previous version and felt in love with the ship by watching the Mandalorian.

They'd only need to change one figure to make it Mando themed. Probably too late for that, though, perhaps they'll put Mando on the box banner and hope it'll encourage the buyers to pretend hahah.

24 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@avengers777 thank you for posting the set list on the News thread. Exactly what I'd like to see happen in the future with reliable info!

Of course! :)

10 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

I’m gonna throw my speculation in the ring here that the Slave I is a 4+ set.

You know, that makes a lot of sense for that price point.  But who knows, we may get lucky and get a cheap Slave 1 that's just as good as the cheap X-wing and TIE Fighter - and those are great sets.

This wave looks like a wishlist someone posts here and is then called overly optimistic :laugh:

Mandalore Throne - Buy. The duel sets are great so I like this. Slightly less exciting since we just got S7 Ahsoka last year but still will prob be a good pickup.

Troop Transport - Buy. Love the vehicle so this is one of my favorites of the wave. I am very excited for the mortar trooper (now we just need an incinerator trooper). Also a cheaper way to pick up Greef

Slave 1 - Pass. Already have the UCS, so I don’t care about this one. The 20th version at least had a character exclusive to it, so this just feels kinda lackluster.

Mandalorian Fighter - Buy. Hoping this is the Nightbrother, though a lack of Maul makes that unlikely. And finally, minifig for Katan (and Saxon).

Bad Batch Shuttle. - Maybe. This is a maybe for me, mostly depending on how the show is since their appearance in CW was so short. Mostly surprised that they included all five in the set.

Gideon’s Cruiser - Maybe. Reserving my judgement on the final set design. Also Gideon is really the only fig I really want from it, so we’ll see.

Gunship- Pass :cry_sad:Very disappointed on the price. First prequel UCS in a decade and it’s out of my budget.

Meditation Chamber - Maybe. The 18+ tag on this makes me hope for a more intricate/complex build. Hoping it includes the detailed Vader from the Death Star duel set.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:
  • They could do a dual property in theory. I think a pilot is a given, but then why ask fans what they would want to see if they aren't considering including any other figures? Sure it's a way of gaging what figures their customers want for other sets and they may have had no intention of including any in the gunship, but that would be a really good way to annoy a huge vocal fanbase by seemingly ignoring them after being specifically asked. And I can't say for sure, but I think Cody was the answer of many.

If they include RotS Cody, it would make more sense to include an RotS style pilot too.

40 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

They'd only need to change one figure to make it Mando themed. Probably too late for that, though, perhaps they'll put Mando on the box banner and hope it'll encourage the buyers to pretend hahah.

I meant that an even smaller scale (MBS like) in the $50 range would make sense only if Mandalorian-based rather than OT-based.

I’m happy for all of you Clone Wars fans getting sets, but honestly I’m probably not gonna buy anything from this wave besides the Gunship. Maybe the Throne and Vault if Maul has some cool printing because I always wanted to get an Ahsoka. Overall not much for my own personal taste which is fine, I’ll just spend more on HP and Ninjago Gardens.

Anybody got any info on whether Vader has arm printing in the chamber thing? I don't fancy spending £25 on bricklink anytime soon but I really want those arms !!!

VERY excited about this wave. Clone Wars is finally being given some love and The Mandalorian is gettin some amazing sets as well. I’m actually really interested in seeing this “Vader’s Meditation Chamber” Set too. The Gunship being the $350 set is perfect. So excited for Star Wars this year

Props to MnR for this set list. This sounds super cool to me tbh: Maul and Ahsoka duel (must buy), Gideons Cruiser(must buy), Bad Batch shuttle ( likely a buy), Imperial Transport ( if it has S2 Greef a must buy), Gauntlet Fighter with Bo Katan (must buy). 

Slave I is kinda dissapoting as its OT based and not Mando. Why? We just had an OT version on shelves recently, we don't need another. This should have been Mandolorian version of the ship.

But Ucs sets this time a kinda weird to me, is ne R2 a Ucs set or just buildable like Bb-8 on same scale? 

And 350$ for Gunship seem kinda steep tbh, would definitely have considered 200$ one, but 350$ is way to much.

Still it's probably going to be best wave in a long time for SW fans.

I just realized that this is the first year in a while that we’re not getting any Anakin or Rey minifigures, unless one of them end up in the unknown Target exclusive. We’re also not getting any Luke figures this wave, but we still got three of him in the January/April waves.

Just now, The Stud said:

I just realized that this is the first year in a while that we’re not getting any Anakin or Rey minifigures, unless one of them end up in the unknown Target exclusive. We’re also not getting any Luke figures this wave, but we still got three of him in the January/April waves.

Don't count your chickens just yet, we don't know what figures are in the advent calendar :laugh:

Just now, TeddytheSpoon said:

Don't count your chickens just yet, we don't know what figures are in the advent calendar :laugh:

Right, I completely forgot about that. :laugh:

Why, of all things, is the 18+ set Vader’s meditation chamber? Isn’t this one meant to be $160? What could they possibly do to the build to warrant it being 18+?

That list honestly sounds too good to be true, but the figure selection is absolute trash all round so it must be real. I’m going to have to be quick on S@H if these sets come out, no way we’ll be able to find them on shelves in Australia after release day.