MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

@michaelbricksf0rever on Instagram seems to be teasing that a Bo Katan minifigure will be coming in a future Lego Star Wars set. Perhaps she’ll be in the speculated Arquitens?

I hope that‘s true :excited: Is it the real michaelbricks though? I know some of the leakers keep an array of backup accounts, but that could easily be exploited for nefarious purposes :tongue:

If the rumour pans out, there‘s more than one option which set it could be though. Heck, there‘s even 3 options for what specific version of her it could be (technically, 4). Sure, they would all basically look the same in minifig form, but still, it doesn‘t narrow it down too much.

The most obvious option would indeed be her Mando version in an Arquitens set as @The Stud points out, but knowing TLG, that‘s not a given :laugh_hard:

There’s a few different sets I could envision Bo Katan in. Artiquens would be the most logical, but a Quarren boat or Gozanti freighter would be very logical too.

(or maybe a Trask crane walker... but that’s pushing it.)

I hope we get a Koska Reeves with her as well.

I am looking forward to seeing the new imperial shuttle

do you think it will be smaller than the imperial tidirium one (75094) ?

it seems to have 1/3 less pieces than the 75094

the bo rumor started to circulate last night just FYI. First account I saw was lego fulcrum that posted it and people have been reposting it ever sense 

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

@michaelbricksf0rever on Instagram seems to be teasing that a Bo Katan minifigure will be coming in a future Lego Star Wars set. Perhaps she’ll be in the speculated Arquitens?

*excited squeals*

18 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

I am looking forward to seeing the new imperial shuttle

do you think it will be smaller than the imperial tidirium one (75094) ?

it seems to have 1/3 less pieces than the 75094

From the pictures it looks to be a tad smaller, the wings I think are a few studs shorter.

Yakface has confirmed that 75308 is some sort of buildable R2-D2 for $200. That will be the May UCS. Presumably, the $800 set will be coming around the time of the Falcon and Star Destroyer (September or October) and I assume that the Gunship will fall somewhere in between.

It’s funny that this is confirmed today, since I was just thinking yesterday how a remake of the 2011 set would be great. This will go well with the recent BB-8/Porg/D-O sets.

Edited by The Stud

I‘m quite looking forward to that R2-D2! The 2012 version still holds up on the whole, but the exposed studs on the head are a bit rough :laugh: I hope the new one will be to its precursor what the Creator Expert VW beetle was to the original one 

18 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

*excited squeals*

From the pictures it looks to be a tad smaller, the wings I think are a few studs shorter.

i hope some youtubers will get in advance to make the comparison

Sigh.  Yet again, something that many people have been requesting for years is finally released as a limited-run exclusive (Comic-Con/GWP/etc) that'll sell out in five minutes, instead of being made widely available.

33 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

the bo rumor started to circulate last night just FYI. First account I saw was lego fulcrum that posted it and people have been reposting it ever sense 

I’m assuming this means there’s no veracity to the rumour, still hopeful though!

Looking forward to seeing UCS R2, it’s a great choice for a May UCS. I imagine he’ll feature a few of the gadgets and leg jets he uses throughout the films with some innovative functions. 

I hope it's a mircoscale Homestead and no minifigures. I have zero interest in a UCS R2 so if I have to get hold of figs like an Aunt Beru from that GWP I will be very annoyed. 

I’m assuming that the Tatooine Homestead will be a microscale vignette like the Battle of Hoth/Endor/Death Star 2 sets that we’ve gotten over the last two years. Hopefully we eventually get a full sized version with an Aunt Beru minifigure.

I’m planning on getting the Cantina, Imperial Shuttle, and maybe a few of the smaller sets during May the 4th (depending on whether or not Lego actually has stuff available), so I guess I’ll be getting this Homestead, however it turns out.

Edited by The Stud

The UCS R2D2 is definitely disappointing to say the least. Lars Homestead sounds great but it’s probably a micro scale vignette type deal so I won’t be able to add it to my Tatooine display. But if it’s not I’ll definitely pick it up, still haven’t got the AT-AT so I’ll buy it in May to justify the Homestead. I’m not happy that the Gunship will be $350 unless it has a decent range of figures, I’m tired of big vehicles with no cool minifigs. Looks like Nino says that the $160 set is the Moff Gideon’s Light Cruiser, nice seeing Mando getting some love and Dark Troopers in Lego is something I never thought I would see.

Edited by RODDY

UCS Artoo gets a big meh from me. Very little interest in these character sculptures personally, although my wallet will be relieved. On which note... 200 bucks? How big is that thing going to be?!

The light cruiser rumour seems to have suddenly gained a lot of traction though, which I do hope is true. It makes perfect sense given the crossover with Mandalorian and other Star Wars material. Koska Reeves or Fennec Shand don't appear to be among the supposed figure line-up which is a shame. At least Bo and Gideon are in there.

EDIT seems like the $350 set will indeed be the gunship as well. Interesting...

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

I'm actually quite happy about the R2-D2 remake. I was never able to get the old one so maybe I'll pick this one up when I have the chance :wink:

As for the Arquitens rumor, I'm honestly a bit disappointed. The rumored minifigure selection is solid but, like many other SW sets before it, this set really suffers from a general lack of figures. They could've easily included some more Darktroopers or even a bunch of Stormies or that female officer. 

This is a really good list if it's true. Lot's of Mandalorian and Clone Wars sets...I'm interested in seeing what a $50 Slave 1 would look like

Edited by avengers777

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm actually quite happy about the R2-D2 remake. I was never able to get the old one so maybe I'll pick this one up when I have the chance :wink:

As for the Arquitens rumor, I'm honestly a bit disappointed. The rumored minifigure selection is solid but, like many other SW sets before it, this set really suffers from a general lack of figures. They could've easily included some more Darktroopers or even a bunch of Stormies or that female officer. 

Exactly, I mean there were so many characters on that ship.

Mandalorian, The Child, Bo-Katan, Koska Reeves, Cara Dune, Fenneck, Luke Skywalker (tho I understand that he's not in the set), Moff Gideon and an army of Dark Troopers. Yet we get like half of those characters and 2 Dark Troopers.

6 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

This is a really good list if it's true. Lot's of Mandalorian and Clone Wars sets...I'm interested in seeing what a $50 Slave 1 would look like

The 2006 Slave I was $50 and looked actually quite good, at least in my opinion, so I think it should be a solid set.

For anyone not sure where to find the list, via michaelbricksf0rever on instagram - 

Supposedly the $20 set is Ahsoka vs. Maul on Mandalore, $40 is an ITT (not sure if that’s Mando but I would assume that makes more sense than Rebels), $50 is a Slave I (again not sure whether it’s Mando, OT or PT), $60 is a Mandalorian Starfighter, $100 is the Bad Batch shuttle and $160 is Gideon’s Cruiser with Mando, Gideon, Bo-Katan, 2x Dark Trooper and the Child.

Looks like a great lineup if that’s true.  I’m good with only two remakes in there, especially since they’re great prices (I don’t think the ITT really counts since the only one we had was battle pack sized).  The last Mandalorian Starfighter was like ten years ago anyway. 

Edited by Kit Figsto

The whole list sounds really good tho. $20 Mandalore Throne and Vault sounds fantastic. I hope that Imperial Troop Trabsport is from S1 of The Mandalorian, in which case it would be great. A $50 Slave I that almost certainly includes The Mandalorian Boba Fett? Hell yeah.

Moff Gideon's cruiser and Mandlorian Fighter means more The Mandalorian set, which always us a win (though I'm unsure if the second one is actually based on that series).

Also a Bad Batch Shuttle? That's fantastic, that means that even animated Disney+ series gets a set.

Vader's Meditation Chamber sounds interesting, as it's 40 set numbers away from the last known SW set.

7 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

I'm interested in seeing what a $50 Slave 1 would look like

So am I... As much as I would like Star Wars to keep moving in the cheaper direction, that feels almost too cheap to do it justice. That, the ITT and the Mandalore throne kinda make me sceptical about the list, as they've popped up on more than a few wishlists. That said, if it's true I'll be pleasantly surprised.

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Seriously another Slave 1 and it's not a PT version. I'm all for these cheaper models, but really! :facepalm:

Glad I'm not the only one bored of the OT Slave I. This has to be the fourth version we've had in, what, six years?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Vader's Meditation Chamber sounds interesting, as it's 40 set numbers away from the last known SW set.

I thought the same and wondered if that would mean it's a convention exclusive. Do they tend to get rumours around the same time as normal sets?

Edited by TeddytheSpoon