MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

20 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The $350 set isn’t confirmed to be the gunship yet. Actually I still would put money on it not being $350 but $200 rather. I know the $350 was suggested and people ran with that and because people want the full $350 gun ship. But I wouldn’t be so confident just that that the $350 set is the gunship and not a master builders set

I am expecting the Gunship to be £200.  I don’t see that going any other way to be honest.  As for the £350 set, I’m unsure? Maybe A Naboo Royal Starship or Jedi Temple? Or maybe it’s a Jedi Temple at £800, now that is something I’d like to see. 

I really can't see the Gunship being a $200 set.  Not at the USC scale.  $350 seems high, but personally I'd rather Lego went that route as opposed to holding back and going for the cheaper route.  Odds are this will be the only UCS version we get so might as well make it worth it.

I agree those saying the Republic Gunship is more likely to be the $200 set. That's what the other recent UCS/D2C vehicles sold for (A-Wing, Y-Wing, Tantive IV)

$350 was the price tag for Cloud City and Mos Eisley Cantina so I can see that one being another Master Builder Series playset.

What about Bad Batch and Book of Boba Fett? Both are releasing this year, I could see them doing a non-spoilery set prior to their release like the AT-ST raider for The Mandalorian. The $60 or $100 set could easily be their shuttle thing or Slave One.

Looking at the prices of Star Destroyers, which are usually roughly $120, I don't think we're getting an Arquitens. That's a shame.

9 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Looking at the prices of Star Destroyers, which are usually roughly $120, I don't think we're getting an Arquitens. That's a shame.

Snokes Star destroyer was $160. It could easily be the arquitens 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Snokes Star destroyer was $160. It could easily be the arquitens 

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but an Arquitens would be really neat since it's A) new and B) could provide minifigs of most of the important characters in season 2: 

Moff Gideon of course, but also Dark Troopers, Bo-Katan, Fennek Shand and perhaps even Luke. If this was the only Mando set this summer with most of these minifigs included, I wouldn't even complain 

:laugh:

16 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

How big would an $800 AT-AT be is the thing?  I'm not challenging your assertion, I'm actually legitimately asking, because I don't have any AT-ATs, so I don't know how hollow/solid they are on the inside and how many pieces are devoted to the body versus the legs. 

I for sure agree that an AT-AT definitely checks the "iconic" box, but is that a feasible model?  The current, $160 model apparently is 15 inches long and 14 inches tall.  Scaling that up, say, 3x (which I think would be bigger than minifig scale) gives a model that's almost 4 feet long and about 3.5 feet tall.  I would assume that they can't make the interior too full/would have to leave it mostly hollow, because a 3 foot box would probably be way too heavy to stand on four legs without buckling very easily (you could do it by cheating and using metal poles inside of the legs, like I know they've done with some of their large sculptures, but obviously that doesn't work with a set). 

So I guess my question is, if you were to start building an AT-AT at a UCS price point, is it possible that at some point, $800 is almost too big, to where you couldn't realistically make a model that large and have it still be functional/displayable without structural issues?  

Not almost, almost 1,5 meters tall and over 1,5 meters tall is way to big. People would be forced to place it on the floor.

I doubt they’d do this, but I would be really happy if that $160 was a Morak juggernaut. There’s a lot of potential in that price slot after this season.

Also, I’m hedging my bets the $20 will be a duel/scene set. Theories, anyone?

14 minutes ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Also, I’m hedging my bets the $20 will be a duel/scene set. Theories, anyone?

I'd love Ahsoka vs Maul.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I actually like that thought better. Imagine if the $200 was a gunship and the $350 a MBS Petranaki Arena. That would be a great combo for display and I would think sales also. But I don't know if they'll do a UCS and MBS at the same time or an MBS two years in a row.

Sooner or later a non-OT MBS. Although I also think the soonest be next year. However, this pattern can change depending on sales and product experiment so we can never be sure.

for myself, I would love a Petranaki arena, but only if they make all three beasts molded (which would really positively suprise me if they did)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we get three D2C sets two years ago, with the Star Destroyer, Tantive, and whatever the May UCS was that year?  I've forgotten exactly but I thought that we've had three D2C sets in a year previously.  

If brickfantatics is right and the $800 is the DS, that makes the most sense to me, I don't think there's much else that they could sell at $800.  I'm more inclined to believe those on this board that are suggesting the Gunship isn't $350 than the blogs saying it is, which is strange since that $350 price point, for the past 3-4 years, has been only used for the MBS-type sets, which are normally on a two year cycle.  I know that the Cantina has done really well (or, at least the fact that it's been sold out on Shop at Home for like 3 months makes me inclined to believe as such), but that would be way too early to rush another MBS set into production, and the last two sets seemed to get mixed reviews (I have no idea on sales but Hoth we know was...controversial, and Cloud City only had a year shelf life, and I feel like it would've stuck around longer if it was flying off the shelves).  

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

If brickfantatics is right and the $800 is the DS, that makes the most sense to me, I don't think there's much else that they could sell at $800.  I'm more inclined to believe those on this board that are suggesting the Gunship isn't $350 than the blogs saying it is, which is strange since that $350 price point, for the past 3-4 years, has been only used for the MBS-type sets, which are normally on a two year cycle.  I know that the Cantina has done really well (or, at least the fact that it's been sold out on Shop at Home for like 3 months makes me inclined to believe as such), but that would be way too early to rush another MBS set into production, and the last two sets seemed to get mixed reviews (I have no idea on sales but Hoth we know was...controversial, and Cloud City only had a year shelf life, and I feel like it would've stuck around longer if it was flying off the shelves).  

Agreed. I think one of the reasons the Cantina is doing so well (other than the obvious ones) is because it's not designed to look like some of the old Kenner playsets like Cloud City and the Death Star were, so I'd be willing to bet it's an MBS set but designed to look more like it does in the movies rather than a big ol' playset.

6 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we get three D2C sets two years ago, with the Star Destroyer, Tantive, and whatever the May UCS was that year?  I've forgotten exactly but I thought that we've had three D2C sets in a year previously.  

In 2019 there were three $200+ D2C sets. The ISD, Tantive, and the Droid Boost set. It is not common but it does happen.

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sounds pretty promising :excited: Sad to see there still aren‘t any battle packs though, so we can probably kiss them goodbye for good :hmpf_bad:

I still maintain the possibility that covid killed this year's packs, as the 2021 1hy at least was clearly impacted, being split into 2 mini-waves and missing a microfighter as well. Just because there aren't any this year doesn't mean they're dead.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but an Arquitens would be really neat since it's A) new and B) could provide minifigs of most of the important characters in season 2: 

Hide contents

Moff Gideon of course, but also Dark Troopers, Bo-Katan, Fennek Shand and perhaps even Luke. If this was the only Mando set this summer with most of these minifigs included, I wouldn't even complain 

:laugh:

Not to get too far into wislisting, but that could fit the $160 price point nicely, though I don't think that the more spoilery figure would be included, as they're common enough in other sets and lego tends to wait more than 6 months before putting major spoilers in sets.

This list sounds promising, although 3 d2cs is kinda rare. The $20 set is most likely a duel, then we have $50, $60, $100, and $160 sets, plus the (possible) $200 d2c and the more reliably leaked $350 and $800 d2cs. If I had to guess, the $200 one is fake, it seems unlikely we'd get three d2cs in one year and have them all after may. (I know it happened in 2019 but that was a boost set, I can't see them doing another boost set so quickly and I also can't see them doing 3 UCS/MBS sets in one year)

I don’t know, if Lego is seemingly getting rid of one of the mainstays of the Lego Star Wars brand (battle packs), then wouldn’t it stand to reason that they’re getting rid of the Duel sets as well? We only got two of those anyway and while the Starkiller one seemed to sell well, I’ve seen a bunch of last year’s Mustafar duel clogging up shelves at all of the stores near me. I’m not saying that it’s impossible that we don’t get anymore of this kind of set, and I’d certainly welcome more of them, but it’s too early to tell yet.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I still maintain the possibility that covid killed this year's packs, as the 2021 1hy at least was clearly impacted, being split into 2 mini-waves and missing a microfighter as well. Just because there aren't any this year doesn't mean they're dead.

LEGO's production schedule was clearly impacted by COVID, but the 1H 2021 set numbers and price points were known before COVID-19 became a thing. Battle packs were never part of the 2021 lineup, as far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

According to Landino and a few others, there is a $30 set in there as well (75319), which could be another 501st style set. The dream is not dead yet!

9 hours ago, storskogen said:

This MOC

is about 15,000 pieces and is minifig scale with no interiors. I’m almost afraid $800 wouldn’t be enough even for a Lego set.

while I highly doubt the $800 set is an AT-AT, richboyjhae's minifig scale model features an interior and some motor functions while only being around 6000 pieces, so it's definitely possible

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Are we expecting the Death Star to have an interior? 

We don't even know if it is the Death Star yet.

Has anyone tried modding the new X-Wing to make it less rickety and eliminate the small gap between the wings? 

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Or maybe it’s a Jedi Temple at £800, now that is something I’d like to see. 

Oh, have my prayers finally been answered by the Lego gods?:laugh:

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

almost 1,5 meters tall and over 1,5 meters tall is way to big. People would be forced to place it on the floor.

That is an absurd size. Unless Lego are planning to sell it to castle owners. Even 1m x 1m would be way too big.

On 1/1/2021 at 11:11 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Tip for getting new sets on release: if it's not store exclusive, go to a retail chain like target sometime in the late morning/early afternoon and you can catch the employees as they stock the shelves. 

Why are people so desperate to get the sets as soon as they come out?? They just create a hype unnecessarily.

Edited by legolandia

Just now, legolandia said:

Why are people so desperate to get the sets as soona s they come out?? They just create a hype unecessarily.

Because when you love something, look forward to it's release and can afford it you may want to get it as soon as you can? It's pretty simple.