MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Interesting the technique used to access the interiors by lifting back the central wing. Accessing the interiors was a bit difficult on the 2015 version.

Shuttle looks good. Undercarriage of the nose area doesn't seem to be a problem like in earlier photos. I guess having the interior accessible with a hinged central wing rather than hinged panels on both sides is one aspect of keeping the part count down. This is a nitpick, but the detail on the side wings is very sparse. Easy to mod, and another way to reduce the part count.

Weird that those Jan. 2021 instruction manuals had such an inaccurate Luke render from this set, but I’m glad that he has the correct color lightsaber. (I honestly forgot about that error and this set’s existence until I looked at the back of the instructions from my Trouble on Tatooine set. :laugh:)

The Imperial Shuttle build looks pretty solid and I’m going to sound like a broken record here, but a larger and more interesting minfigure selection could have turned this set from good to great. Still, I look forward to getting this, the Tauntaun/AT-AT microfighters, and the Cantina sets on May the 4th next year!

On 12/18/2020 at 4:48 PM, GalacticHippo said:

Mando spoilers: 

Hide contents

I gasped when the episode opened and there was a Lambda shuttle right there! 2021 lego star wars really tied in well there (probably a coincidence though, right?)

My thoughts exactly upon viewing the episode.

Having seen the latest pics of the 75302 Imperial Shuttle, I need to get this. This version of the Luke minifig & the Imperial Officer minifig will be perfect for a future Mando display, as will the shuttle of course. I don't have a Darth Vader, so that's a must.
The wings look very sparse, but I see that as a blank canvas for modding & personalisation.

I like the access to the main interior of the model, but would like to see more detail.

I’ve seen multiple people post pictures of the box, but none of the photos have been high quality enough to see if Vader has arm printing, and not a single one of the people posting will clarify in the comments :wall: I just wanna know whether I should get that or Final Duel!

2 hours ago, FeepoGerbin said:

[...] and not a single one of the people posting will clarify in the comments :wall:

I‘ve only seen one picture of the box that all the other would-be leakers are copying, so it‘s no wonder nobody can provide more details :shrug_oh_well: Unless you find the original source that is...

Liking how the shuttle looks, the new approach of swinging the upper wing backward to access the interior from above certainly looks more convenient than the swinging side panels from the 2015 set! This also makes me wonder if Lego will offer up a Havoc Marauder at a similar scale / price-point to tie in with The Bad Batch. 

Thus far, it looks like the TIE Fighter and potentially Trouble on Tatooine will be my winter wave purchases. I’ll wait until we get a better idea of the summer lineup to see if Beskar Mando will appear in a set with a better build.

Insta account the_brick_leaks has posted that the second 2021 Star Wars wave is going to be much larger than the first. How reputable are they? They only have a photo of the Shuttle box and the post saying the above, but they are followed by Landino so I’m assuming some level of reputability there, yeah?

Fingers crossed!

Edited by FeepoGerbin

4 hours ago, FeepoGerbin said:

Insta account the_brick_leaks has posted that the second 2021 Star Wars wave is going to be much larger than the first. How reputable are they? They only have a photo of the Shuttle box and the post saying the above, but they are followed by Landino so I’m assuming some level of reputability there, yeah?

Fingers crossed!

Well I mean that's the case every year.The summer wave always has more sets.

Trouble on Tatooine is now available in the UK - same thing happened in Summer, they came out about 1h early

1 hour ago, samsz_3 said:

Trouble on Tatooine is now available in the UK - same thing happened in Summer, they came out about 1h early

Me and a friend have been keeping each other updated on sightings of the new sets (UK also) to try and avoid the whole 501st debacle, and he just pointed out to me the X-Wing and TIE are listed as 'back order' on lego.com already!

Also, Happy New Year folks!

Edited by SEmrys

Just now, SEmrys said:

X-Wing and TIE are listed as 'back order' on LEGO already!

And shipping in 60 days!!! 

At least they are not exclusive and will possibly be available elsewhere. Still, rather annoying for those looking to use some VIP points and maybe get the current GWP.

2 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Well I mean that's the case every year.The summer wave always has more sets.

I think last year they were the same size.  Summer was the AAT, Anakin's fighter, 501st, Knights of Ren ship, Greivous' fighter, AT-AT, Final Duel, IT-S, Mando Brickheadz and Child Statue (I assume the mosaics don't count because I don't know if they count as Star Wars or Expert).  Winter was 3 Microfighters (Y-Wing, Kylo Ren's ship, and Batha/Skyhopper), the Sith and Mando BPs, Ben's Hut, the Mustafar Duel, 4+ Snowspeeder, Luke's Landspeeder, Sith TIE, and Poe's X-Wing.  8 system scale sets in each wave, two non-system sets in the summer and three in the winter, although that doesn't count the Razor Crest.  

Anyway, point being, if the summer wave is substantially larger like that rumor suggests, I'd guess it's something similar in size to what we're used to or possibly a bit larger.

8 hours ago, storskogen said:

And shipping in 60 days!!! 

At least they are not exclusive and will possibly be available elsewhere. Still, rather annoying for those looking to use some VIP points and maybe get the current GWP.

True. I was banking on Argos anyway. 

Got my order in. Only one delivery slot left today. Could mean nothing. Could mean people are already quickly buying up ToT. 

I think it was around this time they ran out of the 501st sets last year. 

ToT is still available on shop at home but the X and Tie are already on back order. Proves Lego's philosophy of releasing an X and a Tie every 2 years is a bankable approach :laugh:

Not too keen on the price of ToT though. I was hoping for it to fall in the 24.99 price point rather than a newly invented £27.99. They know we want that Beskar.

Also. Anyone who gets an X Wing before 60 days back order, can they please comment here about the quality of the torso print colour for Luke? Based on the reviews I have seen it looks pretty good but I'd like a comparison with the previous one (which was a slight improvement on the one before that). 

I don't trust TLG pics as they are invariably colour adjusted for promos and box art.

Edited by Redroe

2 hours ago, SEmrys said:

True. I was banking on Argos anyway. 

Got my order in. Only one delivery slot left today. Could mean nothing. Could mean people are already quickly buying up ToT. 

I'm relying on Argos too

I've just placed my Click & Collect order for a Trouble on Tatooine (75299) & two Imperial TIE Fighters (75300). I think the ToT sets will go quickly because of the Beskar Mando & Grogu minifigs, I didn't want to miss out.

6 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I'm relying on Argos too

I've just placed my Click & Collect order for a Trouble on Tatooine (75299) & two Imperial TIE Fighters (75300). I think the ToT sets will go quickly because of the Beskar Mando & Grogu minifigs, I didn't want to miss out.

Oh definitely! I didn't know it at the time but it came out a few days early at... The Entertainer (I think? On the 28th?) and apparently was gone within the day. 

16 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Oh definitely! I didn't know it at the time but it came out a few days early at... The Entertainer (I think? On the 28th?) and apparently was gone within the day. 

A bit earlier in my experience. Saw the X Wing in their store on the 26th. I'm not really interested in that one so I left it. 

If anyone lives near a Smyths store, they just put the new sets up for click and collect today (or in store if you're in tier 3 or lower.) I ordered the TIE so should be collecting it tomorrow since I'm in a tier 4 area. 

I went to my local lego store, arrived about 15 minutes early. There was a line of over 50 people (interesting side note: most were adults, it's always nice to see the Afol community out in force). They were only letting a few people in at a time so I went to a target to get trouble on tatooine. On the lego website, the only sets in stock are the millenium falcon micro, x-wing, tie, and some keychains as of 2pm central time. I assume this means they didn't add any stock today besides the new sets.

I haven't built trouble on tatooine yet but I'm looking forward to doing that after writing this. 

2 hours ago, SEmrys said:

ToT has already sold out on Amazon!

2 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

ToT has already sold out on Amazon!

And it's on backorder on lego.com too!

Tip for getting new sets on release: if it's not store exclusive, go to a retail chain like target sometime in the late morning/early afternoon and you can catch the employees as they stock the shelves. 

The set's pretty good for value. Beskar mando and baby yoda alone make it worth it, everything else is basically extra. The speeder is well-made and actually not too oversized, and has a lot of good parts (including the hemisphere tile things in lbg and 1x1 brackets in dark orange) if you're looking to scrap it. The tusken is fine, the ballista is good, the campfire's fine, and the hut... I won't mince words, the hut is awful. It's gappy, polygonal, and looks nothing like the real thing. No one's buying the set for the hut, of course, and overall it's a great set.

Nice to see the microfighter up close. I'm not entirely sold on the Tauntaun, not sure why they went with cheese slopes for toes rather than the claw pieces like in the Dewback - probably for stability as it will be quite front heavy. Also I feel the tail should be longer, maybe add an extra section with a tow ball to make it more articulated, and to counterbalance the front. Either way, easy things to mod and I'll pick it up anyway just for the Hoth Luke fig.

A close up pic of the box art for the Imperial Shuttle box art has been posted by bricknbricks. Looks like Vader has go back to no printing on the arms. :sceptic: Disappointing in my opinion. However, looks like the Shuttle Pilot/Officer has a new torso print.