MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Consider yourself shot! :cannon:  :classic:  We have a thread for wishlisting. It's not this one. Thanks.

:pir-skel: aw. I thought I was in trouble when I saw "MKJoshA quoted you..." 

3 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

.Season 3 mandalorian spoilers(not plot spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Lot of you talked about naboo starfighter so i just wanted to mention they made that vehicle for mandalorian season 3. So another reason to release it

Oh god, I really messed up the formatting here. Sorry guys.

Latest episode of Mando spoilers:

I meant to get the 20th anniversary Slave One when it was on sale but never got around to it, and after that episode I regret that decision a lot more. I hope they make a new one based on the episode, though the way Lego is I half expect them to finally decide that now is the perfect time to remake Jango's Slave One. Same with the First Order troop transport ship.

Lots of minifigure and set potential with this episode, but you know how Lego is with this show. I am fully prepared to see something thats kind of cool I guess but nobody really asked for especially in the face of all the other, better set ideas, like a brick built Bantha or the Quarren's ship instead of an Outland TIE fighter (yes I'm still on that, and I'm even spelling it right this time) or the Imperial lander thing.

Totally real and not made up at all season 3 mandalorian spoilers:

Darth Jar Jar confirmed baby!

Season 2 episode 6 Mandalorian spoilers:

I meant to get the 20th anniversary Slave One when it was on sale but never got around to it, and after that episode I regret that decision a lot more. I hope they make a new one based on the episode, though the way Lego is I half expect them to finally decide that now is the perfect time to remake Jango's Slave One. Same with the First Order troop transport ship.

Lots of minifigure and set potential with this episode, but you know how Lego is with this show. I am fully prepared to see something thats kind of cool I guess but nobody really asked for especially in the face of all the other, better set ideas, like a brick built Bantha or the Quarren's ship instead of an Outland TIE fighter (yes I'm still on that, and I'm even spelling it right this time) or the Imperial lander thing.

Edited by ood0

1 minute ago, The Stud said:

I Bricklinked the Episode 2 figure from 2013 for the low price of $20 USD

I imagine that Padme’s limited role in The Clone Wars Season Seven really doesn’t help our chances of getting more figures of her either. What makes it even worse is that in her one scene, she was wearing her main outfit from Episode 3 which we are still lacking in Lego form. (There’s not really many sets to get that figure in, especially since she was wasted in her last movie.)

The torn up Geonosis arena torso, incredibly, showed up in the "build your own three minifigures" box in a Lego Store in Gateshead where I was at uni at the time. Needless to say I made three Padme fangirls.

There is a limited amount of stuff you can do with a 9-month pregnant character to be fair. Sure a better writer could have at least made Padme's role in the film feel more vital, but she drives the plot of RotS in the same way Luke drives TFA without even appearing.

7 minutes ago, The Stud said:

With that out of the way, I can name at least two potential sets from today’s episode of The Mandalorian but I still don’t know how to use the spoiler tag here, so I won’t name them. I’m just going to say that based off how tightly the lid was sealed on the second half of the season, I wouldn’t expect Lego sets based off of it to be guaranteed next year. We might still see a couple, but I’m not going to get my hopes up. This might be a good thing though; after all, we’re still waiting for more sets based off Season One and the first half of Season Two.

It's the little eye icon in the writing section: 

Screenshot_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Redroe said:

The torn up Geonosis arena torso, incredibly, showed up in the "build your own three minifigures" box in a Lego Store in Gateshead where I was at uni at the time. Needless to say I made three Padme fangirls.

There is a limited amount of stuff you can do with a 9-month pregnant character to be fair. Sure a better writer could have at least made Padme's role in the film feel more vital, but she drives the plot of RotS in the same way Luke drives TFA without even appearing.

True, but I also think her character and relationship with Anakin was just poorly written in the films, or at least half of AOTC and the majority of ROTS. The Clone Wars did a much better job handling both her and her relationship with Anakin IMO. 

That’s cool that you found the Geonosis figure at your Lego Store though! I definitely wouldn’t mind having extras of this figure, because it’s the best Lego Padme by far. Not that there’s much competition in that arena...

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's the little eye icon in the writing section: 

Screenshot_1.jpg

For some reason that doesn’t show up for me. Could it be because I’m on mobile?

Edited by The Stud

5 minutes ago, The Stud said:

For some reason that doesn’t show up for me. Could it be because I’m on mobile?

Jup, it‘s not visible on mobile :classic: There‘s an alternative though: put your text inbetween (spoiler) and (/spoiler), but use square brackets instead of the round ones above :sweet:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Jup, it‘s not visible on mobile :classic: There‘s an alternative though: put your text inbetween (spoiler) and (/spoiler), but use square brackets instead of the round ones above :sweet:

Thank you all for the help!

For the last episode, I could definitely see a new Slave 1 and Imperial Troop Lander coming in the future. With the Razor Crest completely decimated (I’m still devastated about it and the fact that its destruction significantly decreases the chances of getting a UCS version), I could see the Slave 1 getting a similar release to 75292 from this year. Early reveal, pre-orders go up, and it comes out in the fall. The figures would sell the set even more this time around, since it could basically just be the same build as the 20th Anniversary version, though I don’t know if that’s in line with the new scale of 2021. 

Edited by The Stud

In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic (even though it's about a 2020 set)...

What's going on with the codes on the advent calendar? On mine so far it looks like the hidden 7-digit code is actually LIFEDAY for the Snow Gonk and the Sweater Vader code is nowhere to be found. A few comments on Brickset indicated that the Sweater Vader code is actually hidden behind a sticker on the front of the box that for whatever reason isn't even on every set shipped. And for anyone who did happen to get a copy with the Sweater Vader code on it, is it still WROSHYR, or is it randomized by set?

Spoiler

That Imperial landing craft looks like the FO assault lander, sure, but what it REALLY looks like is a TIE Reaper with the solar panels removed. The shape of it, with the long slope up to the nose, is nearly identical. Either way, it would make a great set.

Quickly addressing the three points that popped up. 

I don't know how we got on the topic of an n-1 rerelease, but I could see it a $30 set with young anakin, a naboo pilot, r2 and a destroyer droid or b1. Not sure why we're all talking about it though

Spoiler

the guy who leaked the n-1 has a somewhat reliable history with leaks but also...it's jason ward and he's done some things that really destroy his credibility (and also just general morality)

Padme isn't included much because aside from geonosis, she isn't in any battle scenes in AOTC or ROTS (getting force choked by anakin on mustafar doesn't count as a battle and isn't something lego would want to show, probably). We still should have had a TPM battle padme by now, though.

As for the new episode, all I'll say before the spoiler tag was that I LOVED it. Best one yet by far.

Spoiler

Boba Fett finally became on screen what we all imagined he was. Best action in the show so far, and they really showed his prowess in combat even without armor or high-tech blasters. Fennec returning was great too, she's a pretty cool character. There's no doubt in my mind that boba's being set up for a spinoff show, seeing as he now has the armor, a sort of redemption, a co-star in fennec shand, his ship, and a new theme song.

As for sets:

I could see lego making a troop transport with boba (no armor), Fennec, some troops and the mortar trooper. 

And of course we'll get a slave 1 with boba, fennec, and whoever the rest of the cast is (mayfield, maybe?) once his solo show comes out.

Welp, looks like the Razor Crest might be getting the same treatment that the Twilight got in TCW, namely that it's probably not showing up ever again, so my guess is that this is the only set release we'll ever get of it.  Seems like if you want it, now would be the time to grab it :tongue:.  Definitely think that there are several potential sets from this episode, and if there's no new properties next year besides the Cassian show, which maybe would get a set or two in the summer wave (seems like they're very, very slowly dipping their toes in with TV shows now, which is sad because had they done the Rebels approach for Mando, it would've sold like hotcakes), logically you'd think they would focus on Mando stuff in the summer.  Okay, mostly I just want an old Boba Fett with Gaffi stick.  

@Kit Figsto: Focussing A LOT more on Mando in the summer wave is what everyone in TLG's position would do, except, well, TLG :tongue: It's still possible of course, but that's also what we expected last year and look how that turned out. Sure, there was the amazing Razor Crest set, but that technically wasn't even part of the actual summer wave :shrug_oh_well: 

Anyway, with two very successful seasons combined, they don't really have any excuses here. Beats me why they're still reluctant to tap into this obvious gold mine

Spoiler

Mmm am I the only one who doesn't think we'll be getting a new slave 1? Obviously, I would love it but I really doubt that Lego would release another one so soon after the 20th-anniversary version. They really have no reason to since the ship seems to be the same. I think we'll obviously get another slave 1 down the line but I don't think we'll be getting one with Mando characters anytime soon. There have been so many great opportunities for sets that have come out of the Mandalorian but we haven't seen them. I just wouldn't get my hopes up yet.

Edited by dindjarin
format issues

1 minute ago, dindjarin said:
  Hide contents

Mmm am I the only one who doesn't think we'll be getting a new slave 1? Obviously, I would love it but I really doubt that Lego would release another one so soon after the 20th-anniversary version. They really have no reason to since the ship seems to be the same. I think we'll obviously get another slave 1 down the line but I don't think we'll be getting one with Mando characters anytime soon. There have been so many great opportunities for sets that have come out of the Mandalorian but we haven't seen them. I just wouldn't get my hopes up yet.

I've got to agree with you there

55 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Kit Figsto: Focussing A LOT more on Mando in the summer wave is what everyone in TLG's position would do, except, well, TLG :tongue: It's still possible of course, but that's also what we expected last year and look how that turned out. Sure, there was the amazing Razor Crest set, but that technically wasn't even part of the actual summer wave :shrug_oh_well: 

Anyway, with two very successful seasons combined, they don't really have any excuses here. Beats me why they're still reluctant to tap into this obvious gold mine

Same goes for The Clone Wars. Hell, Rebels still has a lot of omissions and the second half of the show was barely covered. 

Whether or not Lego capitalizes on the success of Lucasfilm’s successful shows on Disney+ remains to be seen. It really depends on how much  shelf space and resources Lego is investing into this theme’s pseudo-reboot. With how much Lego seems to be leaning towards the OT with this new scale, as well as seemingly putting out a smaller amount of sets next year, the space for more Mando and TCW sets is pretty limited.

DAMN.

I finished my Razor Crest MOC like a week ago. The pang I felt as it vanished in smoke was worse than Han being stabbed in the chest. 

Who said a few weeks back they wouldn't destroy it like the Milano? And here we were all laughing how often it gets beaten up.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

So are Lego, I imagine. It just went from being The Ship to Own to being a footnote in a visual dictionary. 

Nice troop transports though. I could see one of those from TLG in the near future.

Edited by Redroe

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, I could understand why they weren't super gung-ho with Season 1.  They apparently got burned when they went all-in on Rebels, so it makes sense that they were apprehensive about going super heavy in on a new show (the two initial sets we got were very, very safe.  A Mandalorian BP would've sold well regardless of the show's success, and an AT-ST is recognizable enough as a vehicle to where people would probably buy it even if the show sucked).  I can also understand why nothing was ready for the summer wave, they apparently had to rush production on the Razor Crest (since nobody knew that was coming, I distinctly remember even leakers saying "We're not getting any Mandalorian stuff" and then that came way out of left field), and if they're going to rush a set into production, devoting most of the resources to a popular, large vehicle make sense.  

For next year, though, I really don't get it.  I guess I'll reserve judgement until the summer wave is revealed, because it could be really Mando-heavy, but if there's not at least a couple of sets containing figures of, well, basically every character that they brought in for this season, I'll be totally boggled.

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

Same goes for The Clone Wars. Hell, Rebels still has a lot of omissions and the second half of the show was barely covered. 

Rebels sets supposedly didn't sell well at all, which many speculate was due to the timing of the release.  If I remember right, they put out most stuff before the show even premiered, and the show didn't really get as popular until the 2nd or 3rd season.  By that point, most of the major sets were off of the shelves (original Phantom, the Ghost, and so on).  There was also the problem that the first wave of sets didn't have a ton of super relevant sets (like the Wookie gunship for some reason getting both a set and microfighter even though it was in one episode).  

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Hide contents

Welp, looks like the Razor Crest might be getting the same treatment that the Twilight got in TCW, namely that it's probably not showing up ever again, so my guess is that this is the only set release we'll ever get of it.  Seems like if you want it, now would be the time to grab it :tongue:.  Definitely think that there are several potential sets from this episode, and if there's no new properties next year besides the Cassian show, which maybe would get a set or two in the summer wave (seems like they're very, very slowly dipping their toes in with TV shows now, which is sad because had they done the Rebels approach for Mando, it would've sold like hotcakes), logically you'd think they would focus on Mando stuff in the summer.  Okay, mostly I just want an old Boba Fett with Gaffi stick.  

Spoiler

A bit drastic, no? Twilight was in a few episodes (I think it just disappeared for quite a few seasons before kenobi used it in season 5), whereas the razor crest is the main ship of the first 1 and 3/4 seasons of the mandalorian. Vader's TIE, Anakin's starfighter, etc, are all super iconic sets that were destroyed.

6 hours ago, dindjarin said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I'm convinced a boba fett spinoff is coming, so I'd guess we'll get one of those with Fett, Shand, and some other members of the cast of that show whenever it releases.

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Rebels sets supposedly didn't sell well at all, which many speculate was due to the timing of the release.  If I remember right, they put out most stuff before the show even premiered, and the show didn't really get as popular until the 2nd or 3rd season.  By that point, most of the major sets were off of the shelves (original Phantom, the Ghost, and so on).  There was also the problem that the first wave of sets didn't have a ton of super relevant sets (like the Wookie gunship for some reason getting both a set and microfighter even though it was in one episode).  

The rebels wave was just complete garbage. They released the ghost and phantom a good 6 months before the show, I think, and then the majority of the sets right after the ending of season 1. There were some super obscure sets, with what you mentioned with the wookie gunship (though even worse, it was in ONE SHOT in the pilot episode, docked to the ghost), and also ones like ezra's speeder that was in I think just one episode. Like you said, rebels didn't gain many fans until it got good in the later half of season 2 and season 3 (the last 10 minutes of "twilight of the apprentice" are the most emotional in all of star wars, fight me), and by then they downgraded the amount of sets by a ton. For season 2 we only had the A-wing vs TIE advanced (which was really only a rebels set becuase Sabine was in it and the color scheme of the a-wing was different), and Rex's AT-TE, which was just a junked version of the AT-TE, not really a desirable set for kids. Season 3 had only the phantom 2, which seems like it sold pretty well if for no other reason than thrawn was in it, but they still had cold feet and as such there were no sets for season 4. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Hide contents

A bit drastic, no? Twilight was in a few episodes (I think it just disappeared for quite a few seasons before kenobi used it in season 5), whereas the razor crest is the main ship of the first 1 and 3/4 seasons of the mandalorian. Vader's TIE, Anakin's starfighter, etc, are all super iconic sets that were destroyed.

I suppose it depends what his ship looks like going forward.  If they replace it with something else that's cooler looking, I could see that being the thing people want instead.  However, I will also say that it's sort of uncharted territory as far as them releasing sets of a show after it ends.  If I remember right, we've had zero Clone Wars sets being put out when the show wasn't running, not counting stuff that's ambiguously prequel/CW, and like you said, nothing with Rebels.  So, if they don't put out Mando stuff after the show ends (which seems like a huge mistake, but precedent says that they may not), the chances of a Razor Crest remake are pretty nonexistent.  I do think of the TV shows, Mando seems way more likely to get stuff made after its run is over, whenever that may be, but they don't seem to be going all-in on it yet, which I still don't totally get.  Non-SW people are watching it or at least know who Grogu is, and people that go to SW movies but don't watch the animated shows are also into it.  It seems like a no-brainer to put out a lot of sets, but who knows.  I guess we'll just have to see what the summer looks like.

7 hours ago, Redroe said:
  Hide contents

DAMN.

I finished my Razor Crest MOC like a week ago. The pang I felt as it vanished in smoke was worse than Han being stabbed in the chest. 

Who said a few weeks back they wouldn't destroy it like the Milano? And here we were all laughing how often it gets beaten up.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

So are Lego, I imagine. It just went from being The Ship to Own to being a footnote in a visual dictionary. 

Nice troop transports though. I could see one of those from TLG in the near future.

Imagine how Hasbro feels! People have been throwing money at them to support the really expensive Haslab Razor Crest, how many people do you think will cancel those preorders? I love the ship too but I'm honestly not super worried because they've made it very clear over the course of the show that it's not one-of-a-kind. Everyone he meets recognizes the ship model immediate, I have no doubt he'll find a new one either by the end of the season or not long into season 3. Maybe that gives them an excuse to show us where the Razor Crest originates, dare I say Naboo?

Edited by ToaDraco

@Kit Figsto there have been a handful of clone wars sets released when the show wasn’t running. Off the top of my head Grievous’ Combat Speeder was one, the Azure Angel was another. I might be missing a couple, but there really haven’t been that many. 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:
  Hide contents

Imagine how Hasbro feels! People have been throwing money at them to support the really expensive Haslab Razor Crest, how many people do you think will cancel those preorders? I love the ship too but I'm honestly not super worried because they've made it very clear over the course of the show that it's not one-of-a-kind. Everyone he meets recognizes the ship model immediate, I have no doubt he'll find a new one either by the end of the season or not long into season 3. Maybe that gives them an excuse to show us where the Razor Crest originates, dare I say Naboo?

there might be something in what you say, but I always understood Razor Crest to be the name of the vessel not the model. Which in truth doesn't explain how the mythrol knew what it was on sight, or the X Wing pilots despite having no transponder. 

They've gone out of their way to give the RC its own personality this season much like Firefly's Serenity. None of the reviews I've read of the episode dwelled much on its destruction, which I thought was a real signpost of how far off piste the show is about to go.

Either way. Chance of a second RC set in a few years now seems truly minimal.

As for Hasbro, well, they can suck it up. Fancy having to spend some of their own R&D budget on making large expensive toys that will turn a profit.

Spoiler

Mando didn't take his rifle with him to the Seeing Stone so it's likely destroyed as well. Wouldn't be suprised if Trouble on Tatooine is the last set it'll show up in, unless they do some more S1 or early S2 sets :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Redroe said:

Hide contents

there might be something in what you say, but I always understood Razor Crest to be the name of the vessel not the model. Which in truth doesn't explain how the mythrol knew what it was on sight, or the X Wing pilots despite having no transponder. 

They've gone out of their way to give the RC its own personality this season much like Firefly's Serenity. None of the reviews I've read of the episode dwelled much on its destruction, which I thought was a real signpost of how far off piste the show is about to go.

Either way. Chance of a second RC set in a few years now seems truly minimal.

As for Hasbro, well, they can suck it up. Fancy having to spend some of their own R&D budget on making large expensive toys that will turn a profit.

The Razor Crest is a Razor Crest-class gunship. Mando never bothered to name it.

I do wish they didn't blow it up and it was a mainstay of the series like The Ghost, but they must've realised that the show is very marketable and opted to have him get a new ship every couple of seasons.

Spoiler

For the purposes of the show, I'm kinda glad they blew up the Razor Crest - it forces something of a character change in Din. On the other hand it was such a cool ship design, it's a shame to see it go. The LEGO set just got bumped up my priority list...

Gideon's Arquitens seems to be getting a lot of screen time as well so I'm getting more and more hopeful that could get turned into a set.

I don't think we'll get a Slave I though. It's really no different to how it's appeared previously, and if they're going to make one, the ESB version surely is more popular. Besides we need Jango's one first!

Edited by TeddytheSpoon