MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This isn't the first 80$ SW set to only include 3 minifigs, but probably the only one with nothing but repeats, not even slight variations. Even the minifigs in Grievous' starfighter had SOME variations compared to previous versions... This just pales in comparison with the 2015 version :distressed: 

The summer wave better make up for this big time, but I probably shouldn't hold my breath. At this point I'm not even expecting any additional Mando sets any more

There are clearer pics over on Reddit. Definitely no arm printing for Vader. And only three common figures for the shuttle is pretty underwhelming. On the bright side the shuttle itself turned out pretty well. The cockpit doesn't appear to have the blocky underside from the preliminary pictures.

Edited by wesker

10 minutes ago, wesker said:

There are clearer pics over on Reddit. Definitely no arm printing for Vader. And only three common figures for the shuttle is pretty underwhelming. On the bright side the shuttle itself turned out pretty well. The cockpit doesn't appear to have the blocky underside from the preliminary pictures.

Yeah, the shuttle is pretty nice, but the minifig selection is just so unbelievably poor. And it's not even the newest version of Vader?! Come on! :angry:

So we have:

• new characters: 1
  • new versions: 1
  • slightly updated prints: 1
  • repeats: 15 :sick:
Edited by Lego-Freak

18 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

I'm starting to have quite a distaste for the mob mentality every time lego has done one of these polls

Especially when like half the time I don't even think people will buy it.  A Brickheadzwould probably sell okay among people that voted for it since it's so cheap but the Gunship one got the same thing and I highly, highly, highly doubt more than 50% of the people that came from youtube/reddit to vote for it are actually going to buy it, especially since the general userbase is a lot younger and aren't buying $250-300 UCS sets.

I am extremely disappointed with Imperial Shuttle figures,most of us thought smaller sets=more minifigures cause of no battle packs just to end up with 2 figures that are already in sets now(bespin duel vader,final duel vader and luke),wrong lightsaber luke and not even arm printing on vader,they didnt even include few stormtroopers or went for endor crew. Nothing to buy except mandalorian set for next half a year is just depressing. Shuttle itself looks good though and would look perfect for my rebels display,but unless it goes on a huge sale and Batman and Harry Potter sets are not that good i will not be getting it. 
Tie fighter price and size makes it perfect for fleet building and it looks good,but the droid figure inside is meh,i would prefer officer or another stormtrooper to treat it as more expensive battle pack with good vehicle.

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, the shuttle is pretty nice, but the minifig selection is just so unbelievably poor. And it's not even the newest version of Vader?! Come on! :angry:

So we have:

• new characters: 1
  • new versions: 1
  • slightly updated prints: 1
  • repeats: 15 :sick:

I think the Tusken and Protocol Droid both have updated prints but I'm not 100% sure and Leia, while not new, was only available in a $200 set that was D2C so I do think that's nice.  I agree with your overall point, though, I wouldn't care as much about repeats if the wave wasn't so small.

And also, I would reserve judgement on Luke's lightsaber color until the pictures are finalized, we've seen numerous examples of preliminary catalog photos with issues that have to get fixed.  For all we know, that could be the reason that it wasn't revealed with the TIE and X-Wing.

Edited by Kit Figsto

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

I think the Tusken and Protocol Droid both have updated prints but I'm not 100% sure and Leia, while not new, was only available in a $200 set that was D2C so I do think that's nice.  I agree with your overall point, though, I wouldn't care as much about repeats if the wave wasn't so small.

The droid is the one I counted for the "slightly updated print" category :laugh: I thought the Tusken was the same as before? If you need a magnifying glass to spot the differences, they shouldn't even count :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The droid is the one I counted for the "slightly updated print" category :laugh: I thought the Tusken was the same as before? If you need a magnifying glass to spot the differences, they shouldn't even count :tongue:

Actually I think I'm wrong, I think they updated the torso for the Microfighters pack last January and this is the same one.  So it was only used in one set, but your count was correct.

8 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Actually I think I'm wrong, I think they updated the torso for the Microfighters pack last January and this is the same one.  So it was only used in one set, but your count was correct.

It was also used in Obi-wan's hut :wink:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It was also used in Obi-wan's hut :wink:

Wow, I'm all kinds of wrong today :laugh:

Thanks for clearing that up.  

Very strange that this "reset" both made the line smaller and decreased the amount of new characters and such from normal.  You'd think that with smaller sets that they would maybe make the line a little bit larger or about the same as normal?  The X-Wing and TIE seemed good but the Shuttle just seems like they're phoning it in.  The actual model looks nice but it's hard to get a sense of the scale of it, and the minifigure selection is very, very lackluster.

What a disgusting lineup for the Shuttle. It’s disgusting how they think (and can sadly) get away with things such as that. I’m so passionate about Lego and want amazing sets that we all get excited for but sadly those days are long gone. Disgusting. X-Wing only good set of the way and I’ll let the Tie Fighter off the hook too just. Beskar Mando of course great but the rest of the set is naff.

2 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

...the minifigure selection is very, very lackluster.

I'm hard-pressed to think of a set with a worse minifig selection than this and so far I haven't come up with anything, this just takes the cake :head_back: The only set that comes close is this year's Grievous' Starfighter

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Luke doesn't even have the correct lightsaber color :laugh_hard:

There's a reason the lightsaber is blue - in the photo Luke still has his right hand and it's his left hand wearing a black glove, so this must be an alternate continuity where Vader didn't cut off Luke's sword hand but the other one for some reason... anyway there's a lot wrong in that photo :shrug_confused:

The least they could've done is thrown in two Storm Troopers for the shuttle. This feels more akin to G1 Bionicle's last wave than a reboot wave. 

6 minutes ago, Gontron said:

The least they could've done is thrown in two Storm Troopers for the shuttle.

Agreed. This wave cuts more corners than an army of snowflake cut-outs :tongue: This doesn’t bode well for the summer sets, unless they spent practically all their budget there (not very likely though).

SW gets nerfed hard next year, so I have to wonder which theme gets buffed in its place. As mentioned before, my guess would be Ideas. Winnie the Pooh doesn’t take prisoners :laugh_hard:

Edited by Lego-Freak

25 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm hard-pressed to think of a set with a worse minifig selection than this and so far I haven't come up with anything, this just takes the cake :head_back: The only set that comes close is this year's Grievous' Starfighter

UCS Star Destroyer.

The shuttle looks great! Unfortunately, the minifigure selection is really bad. They cheaped out on Darth Vader by not using the version with arm printing, the Luke is apparently based off the early trailer for ROTJ because he has a blue lightsaber for some reason (also his glove is on the wrong hand), and the Shuttle Pilot is okay but not exactly exciting.

I retract what I said in my previous post in this thread; this wave really is mediocre. Since I’ve changed my mind, I’ll probably just end up getting the Shuttle, the Mando set and the Microfighters. I’m even considering just getting the 2015 Tydirium on eBay instead since the build looks on par with this new build and the minifigure selection was wayyy superior.

This would probably be more appropriate for the 2020 thread, but that's sort of died at this point and I don't want to bump an old topic, so I'll post here instead - despite having the cantina set since September 16th (or whichever day it came out on), I held off on starting it until Halloween, and have just now finished up the cantina itself doing about a bag every day or two (still have the last two bags which are the smaller side buildings). 

I just wanted to say, for anyone debating this set, it's absolutely stunning in person.  The building looks great, the build experience is much better than you would think (it's not just stacking tan 1x8s on top of each other 500 times like you might think by looking at it), the figures are incredible, and the interior is pretty amazing.  My only real complaints with the set are minor (no hair piece for Obi-Wan, Greedo doesn't have printed hips, I don't really like the new Stormtrooper helmet mold) but those absolutely don't detract from how great of a display and/or playset this thing is.  They definitely knocked it out of the park on that one, and I think this is the set best suited to the MBS format so far in terms of being able to capture a fully complete scene (I really like Cloud City but obviously it's more of a collection of scenes since doing a full scale Cloud City would be more or less impossible for obvious reasons).

Just noticed they've updated the Hoth Luke figure from the microfighter set. The torso design is new and it comes with printed legs this time. Shame they stopped using the white hat as that was more accurate than the dark tan one.

Not that I usually care too much about minifigs, the choices for the shuttle seem odd. I would have very much preferred Endor camouflage characters. However, Luke with his tunic undone is great for the two scenes that he appeared in that way in Jedi. I   believe that minifig has only appeared in the UCS Endor village. For the other scene on the ramp of the shuttle, the question is whether Vader will have eyebrows or not under his helmet.

Let’s hope that’s a prelim photo of the shuttle figs. I doubt Luke would have a blue saber in the set, LEGO has never made a mistake like that in 20+ years. Here’s hoping for arm printing on Vader.

For the Ideas poll, I voted for the shark from Jaws. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Star Wars has had enough attention from LEGO, move onto new IPs... for the brickheadz at least. I’m hoping that the Star Wars votes can’t agree on a character and one of the others wins it. No surprise that MandR is pushing for Jar Jar, of course he wants a brickheadz set of himself. 

16 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

No surprise that MandR is pushing for Jar Jar, of course he wants a brickheadz set of himself. 

I don’t dislike the guy as much as a lot of people on here do but wow, I gotta give you props for that one. 

The shuttle only has 3 possible figure combinations - Endor Rebel crew, Palpatine's arrival or Luke's capture, with two of those combinations having a big overlap with the recent Final Duel set. On that logic the Endor crew would have been the best choice and provided more interesting variants that people are less likely to already have. Even without the oddities in the photo that's doing the rounds it's a less than stellar selection - kind of a lite version of the UCS shuttle. It's strange that Lego has taken this route; putting General Dodonna in the new X-wing indicates that they're aware of how new figs can sell a model. Maybe the fact that there hasn't been a shuttle in 6 years means they figure the model will sell itself and no extra incentives are required.

39 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m hoping that the Star Wars votes can’t agree on a character and one of the others wins it.

I could definitely see Ahsoka, Rex, Cody, Echo, Fives, (insert clone name here) splitting the vote and in the end none of them get it.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I doubt Luke would have a blue saber in the set, LEGO has never made a mistake like that in 20+ years. Here’s hoping for arm printing on Vader.

No surprise that MandR is pushing for Jar Jar, of course he wants a brickheadz set of himself. 

Funny that you say LEGO would never do a mistake by switching a lightsaber color while every other set is heavily innacurate with huge mistakes. Starting with Darth Vader who time traveled from Mustafar back to Anakins Jedi Interceptor,AT-RT that is 4 times the size its supposed to be,mustafar obi who traveled the time to fight grievous again,Knights of Ren ship that designers thought is a tank,AAT side guns switched,they literally made entire kylo rens shuttle grey instead of black one year. 

And i get lot of you hate MandR,but saying he is whiny and childish and then insulting him and making fun of him every chance you get cause you know he is reading the chat and he wont respond to you cause you will most likely play victim afterwards is another level immaturity. And if everyone wants brickheadz of himself you should have voted for kowakian and not jaws.

I don’t have any problems with Ryan (MandR) himself, but I do dislike him sending his minions to do his bidding. Imagine the 150th Brickheadz ending up being Jar Jar, just so he can have a good laugh :sceptic: I wish they’d stop with these polls, they mostly end up getting hijacked anyway, especially when SW is involved