MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

51 minutes ago, wesker said:

I think its just how the set was posed for the box art. The description on Shop@Home mentions the landing gear is retractable.

Ah, thanks. Have been poring over pictures but didn't look at the description!

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’d expect a Y-Wing, another Tie (Vader’s or interceptor) and a Star Destroyer in the summer.

*glares angrily*

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hopefully we’ll see the Shuttle soon, I think that’s the set I’m most curious about. 

Meh. The prelim looked decent, but I‘m not expecting much in the minifig department. It‘s either the same Rebel posse as in the 2015 version or the same Imperial posse as in the 2005 version :shrug_oh_well:

OT sets left and right, but my man Nien still gets no love. Sad times :tongue: They‘re probably saving him up since he‘s now risen to the top of the impressively short list of missing OT figures, thanks to Zuckuss and the cantina patrons who‘ve hold on to the top spots for ages

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

OT sets left and right, but my man Nien still gets no love. Sad times :tongue: They‘re probably saving him up since he‘s now risen to the top of the impressively short list of missing OT figures, thanks to Zuckuss and the cantina patrons who‘ve hold on to the top spots for ages

A face mold, like Garindan's or a moustache, that goes round his neck would be a good option to avoid a whole new head. 

The figure selections are really good in these sets. The Imperial Protocal droid, Jan Dodanna, Space Bun Leia - a good line up of characters. The pricing is also a lot more affordable. I’m more excited to see what the Imperial Shuttle brings us. 

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Tie Fighter £34.99 

X-Wing £44.99

Beautiful prices going on here! 

Not the most inspiring but I truly think this is the right step forward considering Lego was just too expensive and detailed. That X-Wing imo is insanely good. 

I’d expect a Y-Wing, another Tie (Vader’s or interceptor) and a Star Destroyer in the summer. I’d be baffled if Lego do not commit to this. Hopefully prequels get some love too with the scaled down versions!

Two TIE variants in two waves is a bit much though, don't you think? Going back a few years, the last time we had two system-scale TIEs in one year was 2016, when we got Vader's TIE vs. A-wing for Rebels and the TIE Striker for Rogue One.

The only TIEs I would be happy about are a TIE Outlander, Reaper, Bomber, or Interceptor, in that very order :tongue: TIE Advanced are overdone at this point

Edit: TIE Defender or a Mining Guild version would also be ok

Edited by Lego-Freak

new tie is swell but im thinking back to when we got one for 394 pieces

9492: TIE Fighter | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

if lego was fine with making a new piece for the x-wing at a smaller scale maybe creating a 4x4 or 5x5 (blegh) cockpit would've helped just a tad bit

7 minutes ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

new tie is swell but im thinking back to when we got one for 394 pieces

9492: TIE Fighter | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

if lego was fine with making a new piece for the x-wing at a smaller scale maybe creating a 4x4 or 5x5 (blegh) cockpit would've helped just a tad bit

My favourite tie release. Such a good set. Can’t wait to compare this to the new one! 

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You might be onto something here.

68325.png

The minions part has a pin hole while the piece on the X-Wing has an axle hole :wacko: So this is where the entire budget went for this wave :laugh_hard:

It's also a 4x4, slightly shallower, and has normal studs, where the one on the x-wing is 3x3, slightly longer, and has hollow studs. To me the part on the x-wing looks kinda like that old engine part they used, the 3x3x6 or something.

10 hours ago, NerdYoda said:

Did you notice that it is not only an armprint, but the shoulder plate of Mando also has the print of the mudhorn. How ingenious is that! Day One purchase!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-24 um 09.26.59.png

I'm considering getting two of this set at this point, the figure is incredible.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m warming up to this wave a bit. Still disappointed, but the sets themselves don‘t really deserve my ire, they‘re quite nice for what they are :shrug_oh_well: HOWEVER, I still hope the summer wave is a lot less OT-centric. Just do what you did this year, can‘t be that hard :tongue: 

This style begs for an ARC-70 to be made at $60-70 and for a vulture droid at like $15.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only TIEs I would be happy about are a TIE Outlander, Reaper, Bomber, or Interceptor, in that very order :tongue: TIE Advanced are overdone at this point

Same here. (though the interceptor and bomber would top my list, even though I just bought parts for my interceptor moc so it's not of personal value it's one of the most well-known TIEs and it's insane the last one of them was so long ago they still used blue as the main accent color)

Actually nevermind, mining guild TIE with new prints for sabine's work on kanan and ezra's helmets, plus a buildable space whale of course :grin:. Thrawn's only weakness.

Apparently,

Bo-Katan

will also show up in

Bad Batch

:sweet:

Now they REALLY have no excuse any more not to give that character the minifig treatment they deserve :laugh:

I will get the Manalorian set, really liked it, but would have liked it even more with another tusken shell + make it more detailed, should have been the most extensive part of the set, not the least.

Well se if I might get the X-wing, have the one from 2012, but might try thid one for comparison if its on good discount.

i dont mind too much there is not so much to want, I think that I might actually catch up nxt year and get the few remaining retired sets that I still desire.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Apparently,

Reveal hidden contents

Bo-Katan

will also show up in

Reveal hidden contents

Bad Batch

:sweet:

Now they REALLY have no excuse any more not to give that character the minifig treatment they deserve :laugh:

I haven't opened the spoiler tags but I'm assuming they contain some of those really big spoilers that have leaked for episodes 5-8 of Mando Season 2. 

I have a feeling I'm not the only one who thinks this but it would be great if spoilers for these future episodes wouldn't be mentioned at all (not even in spoiler tags), at least untill the respective episode has aired. At that point I'm 100% fine with the spoiler tags. This post for example doesn't reveal who will show up but it does hint at someone (likely significant) showing up in an episode which would otherwise be a suprise. 

Just my 2 cents on this whole leak situation. 

EDIT: It's also worth considering that (looking at the discussion on Mando episodes after they aired) some people aren't as thoughtfull as others and just drop spoilers in the chat without covering them up. 

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I haven't opened the spoiler tags but I'm assuming they contain some of those really big spoilers that have leaked for episodes 5-8 of Mando Season 2. 

The spoilers were not related to the mandalorian at all, though you were right to be wary. The poster was actually being super considerate about rumours for future shows. But everything you said I agree with.

Edited by ginja
Additional word to improve tone.

20 minutes ago, ginja said:

The spoilers were not related to the mandalorian at all, though you were right to be wary. The poster was actually being super considerate about rumours for future shows. But everything you said I agree with.

Exactly. It‘s about another upcoming project and the rumour is backed by Yakface, so it‘s not just any old guff :wink: Since Yakface mainly deal in toy leaks, it’s probably not even really a spoiler, but I‘m still very careful about it. Don‘t want to spoil it for anyone here :sweet:

The reason I brought it even up in the first place is that it’s additional ammunition for the case to finally give a specific character their well-earned minifig representation, that‘s it :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 minute ago, Fuppylodders said:

[self-censored]

Depends on whether there will be sets based on that particular project or not :shrug_oh_well: But I’m fine with letting this topic rest for the time being, unless Yakface dig up some LEGO-related rumours too :classic:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Depends on whether there will be sets based on that particular project or not :shrug_oh_well: But I’m fine with letting this topic rest for the time being, unless Yakface dig up some LEGO-related rumours too :classic:

Since this project-that-shall-not-be-named will be represented in the upcoming video game, I have to imagine we’ll get physical Lego products based off of it but only time will tell.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I have a feeling I'm not the only one who thinks this but it would be great if spoilers for these future episodes wouldn't be mentioned at all (not even in spoiler tags), at least untill the respective episode has aired. At that point I'm 100% fine with the spoiler tags. This post for example doesn't reveal who will show up but it does hint at someone (likely significant) showing up in an episode which would otherwise be a suprise. 

Just my 2 cents on this whole leak situation. 

EDIT: It's also worth considering that (looking at the discussion on Mando episodes after they aired) some people aren't as thoughtfull as others and just drop spoilers in the chat without covering them up. 

They weren't about the mandalorian or really spoilery at all but you should be fine.

I agree about the people not putting spoiler tags on spoilers being bad, but I see no harm in putting spoiler tags for leaks. I think the conclusion you drew about what the "spoiler" was is evidence in itself that they aren't giving too much away if they're in spoiler tags.

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

Since this project-that-shall-not-be-named will be represented in the upcoming video game, I have to imagine we’ll get physical Lego products based off of it but only time will tell.

We'll get sets for it, I'm sure. Premiers in spring/summer 2021 supposedly, so it makes sense for any sets for it to be in the 2hy wave for lego star wars. As for the sets themselves: Cool armored troopers? Check. Taking place during the rise of the empire and therefore being able to connect to the better-selling OT sets? Check. Possibility for GNK droids? Check. (ok the last one is a joke of course, but we have gotten a fair amount of Gonks recently and seeing as Wrecker bench-presses one in clone wars, you never know :laugh:)

^I'm not putting this in a spoiler tag. The fact that a character (not one I've mentioned, the spoiler wasn't that a gonk might show up) could be in the bad batch show is not a spoiler. That's like saying "there's an action scene in the mandalorian" or something. 

Apologies for the vagueness of my first post :blush: I didn’t want to give away which project the rumour was about, but I should have clarified three things:

1. It’s not about Mando
  2. It’s a toy leak and thus inherently less spoiler-y than story leaks
  3. The project is set in the middle of the timeline, meaning certain characters showing up is not as big of a surprise as in other projects like Mando
Edited by Lego-Freak

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Apologies for the vagueness of my first post :blush: I didn’t want to give away which project the rumour was about, but I should have clarified three things:

1. It’s not about Mando
  2. It’s a toy leak and thus inherently less spoiler-y than story leaks
  3. The project is set in the middle of the timeline, meaning certain characters showing up is not as big of a surprise as in other projects like Mando

Don't worry about it. I know it rarely happens here and if I really wanted to avoid them at all cost I shouldn't even be here (:tongue:) but I've heard from friends just how big (not what) those Mando spoilers are and they're things you really don't want to get spoiled for you. It was more an ''in general'' post than explicitely aimed towards you :wink: 

About the rumor itself: I did hear of that beforehand and I agree that LEGO can't avoid making a figure of that character now. 

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

agreed :)

there are plenty of TIE fighters for now

But no bomber and no outlander

I am currently modding a tie fighter into a tie interceptor and looking for a nice Defender to complete the set

21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

OT sets left and right, but my man Nien still gets no love. Sad times :tongue: 

He's my most desired OT fig at this point. I have a space saved on my shelf for his eventual arrival, but I don't foresee that being anytime soon :sad: (come on Lego, prove me wrong). 

As for the current sets, I've always been pretty positive on this wave and the new images have cemented my opinion. 

For a brief moment I thought maybe I should get the X-Wing, I love how sleek it is. But instead I'll just scour the images to see if I can mod my 2018 version instead.

That TIE and Mando set though... They will be mine! 

5 hours ago, macaron35 said:

I am currently modding a tie fighter into a tie interceptor and looking for a nice Defender to complete the set

I personally like Rebel Builder’s mocs among other SW mocs. I build an Interceptor and it looks like an official Lego set together with the other official TIEs I own. Still, I would like to have new official TIE variants, mostly a Bomber which now would be more feasible due to the latest trend.

I have been having a hate-love relationship with lego Star Wars over the past decade. Aside from the prices getting out of hand I was disappointed about the fact that the models seemed to become bigger and bigger. I'm really glad to see the scale of this X-Wing and TIE fighter. And the prices of course.

Speaking of these two models, I'm actually impressed by this TIE model. I'm generally not inclined to "update" my SW ships (for all its faults, 7140 is still the only X-Wing for me), but I wouldn't mind picking this one up next to my 7146. As for the X-Wing, I don't really like it. It looks a bit too blocky for my tastes, especially the backside.

But overall it's a good wave to get into Lego SW again, so far I'm only interested in the TIE and Mando set which is a bit easier on the wallet.

I agree with you regarding prices and sizes. A good example is the star destroyer... a massive and expensive ship that feels very little detailed and empty...

that’s why i decided to get rid of my UCS sets (except the MF 75192) in order to get smaller and more affordable sets that I could mod if necessary